Following Assassin's Creed Origins Page 3

• ChiefGB 20 Jan 2018 17:09:37 12,553 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I'm in the "it's alright camp too" have a few friends who think it's the bees knees, but for me it's nice and all but I don't have a hunger to fire it up most of the time. Don't see what's so special, I'd rather play witcher frankly and that's about 3 years old now.
  • Phattso 20 Jan 2018 17:19:20 25,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's a good Ass Creed game. That doesn't mean people are frothing at the gills and declaring it the bestest game EVAR. It's a good Ass Creed game. I'm having a blast with it. Doing Shadow of War at the same time, and they're both decent, middle-of-the-road open world something-em-ups. *shrug*

The Witcher has too much baggage to just fire up for a few laughs. That needs time to be dedicated to it (if only to remember how all the fucking systems work). In Oranges, or the afore-mentioned Shadow of War, I can do them after a long day of work almost on autopilot. That's worth something to me. :)
  • Deleted user 20 January 2018 17:26:34
    It's a beautiful game but that's really all it is.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2018 17:28:48
    Agreeing with all of this, the narrative is alright, the setting is gorgeous and itís a nice way to spend a few hours clearing locations and generally being involved with. I wouldnít paint it as a GOTY contender, but itís definrely worth the £35 I paid for it.

Thereís something satisfying in clearing the locations and trying to 100% it.
  • drhcnip 20 Jan 2018 18:40:48 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It's a good Ass Creed game. That doesn't mean people are frothing at the gills and declaring it the bestest game EVAR. It's a good Ass Creed game. I'm having a blast with it. Doing Shadow of War at the same time, and they're both decent, middle-of-the-road open world something-em-ups. *shrug*

The Witcher has too much baggage to just fire up for a few laughs. That needs time to be dedicated to it (if only to remember how all the fucking systems work). In Oranges, or the afore-mentioned Shadow of War, I can do them after a long day of work almost on autopilot. That's worth something to me. :)
    blimeyguvnor wrote

Agreeing with all of this, the narrative is alright, the setting is gorgeous and itís a nice way to spend a few hours clearing locations and generally being involved with. I wouldnít paint it as a GOTY contender, but itís definrely worth the £35 I paid for it.

Thereís something satisfying in clearing the locations and trying to 100% it.
    i agree with my two esteemed peers above...witcher 3 is possibly better and i loved it but this fits perfectly with my life atm without too much investment...

Edited by drhcnip at 18:43:12 20-01-2018
  • BigOrkWaaagh 20 Jan 2018 18:57:25 9,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Esteemed colleagues who have finished the game. I'm at a point in the game where I'm due to get on a boat with Aya. She says "you know if you get on this boat there's no coming back". I'm hoping this is just temporary and I'll be off for a mission or two then coming back? As I still have high level missions available and I'm only level 35. No spoilers please!
  • Syrette 20 Jan 2018 19:13:45 50,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh

Yes, you'll be back as it were, a little while later.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 20 Jan 2018 19:27:47 9,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Syrette Cheers!
  • chrisno21 22 Jan 2018 23:10:28 2,298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DLC tomorrow, looking forward to get back into it.
  • Syrette 22 Jan 2018 23:11:42 50,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Same, getting that shit downloaded whilst I'm at work tomorrow.
  • Darth_Flibble 23 Jan 2018 18:49:57 4,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It's a good Ass Creed game. That doesn't mean people are frothing at the gills and declaring it the bestest game EVAR.
    Have found there is people are doing that.

I've found the side missions are not great but the thing that is fucking annoying (no doubt it will go away) everytime you go into map or inventory it keeps putting a giant picture of the DLC. fuck off ubisoft
  • Syrette 24 Jan 2018 13:31:30 50,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That sounds like a bug, I don't see why it'd keep on doing that.

DLC is excellent by the way. Did find myself under-levelled for the first time in my time playing the title at the start of it, though (was level 36 when I finished the base game, the first DLC main quest is recommended for level 39 IIRC).
  • Phattso 24 Jan 2018 14:55:02 25,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    You don't see why a shameless publisher would want to pimp its DLC to existing players SUPER HARD? Yeah, it's a mystery to me too. ;)

I also get the DLC pimping. I'm not annoyed by it, however.
  • robthehermit 24 Jan 2018 14:59:38 7,803 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    You don't see why a shameless publisher would want to pimp its DLC to existing players SUPER HARD? Yeah, it's a mystery to me too. ;)

I also get the DLC pimping. I'm not annoyed by it, however.
    I'm annoyed by it. I'm playing the DLC, I have no need to purchase it or download so f*** off.
  • Phattso 24 Jan 2018 15:02:21 25,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Heh - I have no intention of nabbing the DLC, so it feels good to ignore it and give 'em the virtual middle finger. ;)
  • BigOrkWaaagh 24 Jan 2018 15:08:18 9,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought it was pretty good, really good in fact, but I'm kind of done now. I've wrapped up the story and am level 37. Still a bunch of side quests left but as they're of shall we say, variable quality, I think I'm just going to level up enough to smash the one remaining Phylake and have done with it for now. Might grab the DLC when it's on sale or something.
  • robthehermit 24 Jan 2018 15:10:38 7,803 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The phylakes are pussies. Stun grenade is your friend.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 24 Jan 2018 15:13:05 9,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been shanking from behind then going at them with a flaming sword. It worked well enough until the level 40 one who smashed me with one hit. The last one I did, who was also level 40, a gang of rebels joined in the fight and made things loads easier! :D
  • Syrette 24 Jan 2018 17:34:42 50,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Phattso

Every other similar message/advert has only been displayed once for me, and never again even if I've restarted the console/game. This is a major piece of DLC so I can see why it might be different, and I agree it's a bit shitty.

Edited by Syrette at 17:35:04 24-01-2018
  • Phattso 24 Jan 2018 18:26:30 25,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm on PC - the whole UPlay thing is a disgusting mess of ads and upsell already, so it seeping into the game wasn't a great surprise to me. :)
  • ChiefGB 24 Jan 2018 18:57:49 12,553 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't worry you'll have Sam soon to sort all that out for you 🙄
  • Darth_Flibble 24 Jan 2018 19:41:01 4,311 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Eventually the DLC screen disappeared last night after 15 to 20 minutes. Ubisoft have no shame, it really does not sound like a bug as it happened to other people
  • chrisno21 24 Jan 2018 20:07:03 2,298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I finished the DLC, three nicely sized regions to explore and a good number of main and side quests. Naturally it is just more of the same so if like me you want exactly that then you are unlikely to complain at the asking price.

It is really buggy though, I had to reload checkpoints 3 times, once on three separate missions. I even had floating goats.

Final DLC in March so a good break before the last chunk.
  • Phattso 24 Jan 2018 21:17:03 25,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Don't worry you'll have Sam soon to sort all that out for you 🙄
    Eh?
  • UncleLou Moderator 24 Jan 2018 21:29:32 40,158 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Your personal, Ubisoft-powered gaming assistant. I am sure his first and foremost task is to help you with your 10 games challenge!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-24-ubisoft-unveils-sam-a-personal-gaming-assistant
  • spamdangled 24 Jan 2018 22:42:04 31,803 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @chrisno21 How long did it take you to play through the DLC? Are there side missions, papyrus puzzles, etc? 3 regions should be a fat chunk of gameplay if the regions are actually used and not just empty deserts.
  • pacrifice 24 Jan 2018 23:34:32 5,247 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ok so this dlc is £8 on psn and there's another dlc coming out which I'm thinking is probably going to be the same price.

Are they planning more dlc other than the two announced? If so, is that why it's better getting the season pass?
  • ChiefGB 25 Jan 2018 00:58:30 12,553 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hasn't anybody learned, you don't go near the ac seasonpass or dlc until it goes on it's customary halfprice sale.
  • chrisno21 25 Jan 2018 07:41:49 2,298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @spamdangled probably took about 8-10 hours. I've still one side mission left and i have collected the papyrus scrolls but not located their treasure. It's pretty meaty with a couple scarab shadows to fight (philakiti replacements). I did complete all locations in that time not just plough through the missions.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.