Following Assassin's Creed Origins Page 4

• Syrette 25 Jan 2018 08:25:05 50,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @pacrifice

I think the second DLC is twice the price and has a lot more to it.
  • Switch024 28 Jan 2018 07:59:04 3,746 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The side missions are so hit and miss, some of them can be quite interesting and enjoyable but others are pathetic. I'd like there to be a way of knowing which are which so I could avoid the busy work.

The world is such a great place to explore, I really enjoy the Papyrus puzzles and think they could have used the idea a bit more. Actually looking at the map and taking in the landscape to find something that's not marked for you is fun and feels rewarding.

They could do this for assassin targets, such and such is going to be at this place at this time, this is what he looks like, etc... if they took away the handholding they could have made something really special
  • Darth_Flibble 28 Jan 2018 16:04:01 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Took down the 2 war elephants, almost did it at level 37 but you need to be at least 38 as they do a lot more damage if you are level 37. I posted a mini review in the completed games thread and done with the game now. I have to say the side missions are more miss than hit.

For the next game I hope they focus more on assassination and opportunities, I can see how they like the RPG lite elements to enforce a grind for XP to do the next main mission and grinding for crafting materials for your armour, hidden blade etc (as you can get people to pay in real money to skip the dull grind)
  • Derblington 28 Jan 2018 16:42:56 33,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'd like them to drop the modern/future guff too, and just focus on crafting decent historical fiction. The Assassin's order ties everything together, I really don't think they need the extra bit. It's so flimsy now, because they've removed so much of the focus of it, that it's pointless anyway. It just gets in the way of the story you actually want to play.
  • Darth_Flibble 28 Jan 2018 17:12:30 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    the modern/future sequences were more pointless in this, they don't know how to do them correctly. Its suppose to be the binding to tell each story but they have given up since AC4
  • Gazza 28 Jan 2018 21:27:31 45 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Managed to bag this game for 30 quid! Excited to try
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Feb 2018 11:20:17 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Having just completed (well playing post game) WD+dlc I thought I would revisit this game, having only played 3 hours upon release.

I'm think I'm enjoying just enough to push on but I'm still not really feeling it, I'm still at the first area lvl 8 doing odds and sods. I have killed a main enemy though, 2 are red on the info/ menu screen, so maybe I offed two?

As a huge fan of the series, playing and completing all main entries I can't work out what it is with ACO. Maybe the time period ? I dislike the new menu system a lot but that obviously has no impact on the actual game.
    Hopefully it will click, sooner rather than later.
  • drhcnip 11 Feb 2018 11:24:55 6,462 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

it takes its time to get going, certainly - i;d get out of the main area, if i were you...i'm early 20s now, i think, and the game has lots to offer the more it opens up...i probably didn;t click with it fully until i reached alexandria and i'm an assassin's creed nut...

not convinced it's my favourite in the series but i think it's probably up there...still a long way to go to find out, though - i seem to have oodles of the map left to open up yet - it's fucking huge...
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Feb 2018 11:39:59 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers chaps, how do I find/take part in the events that are on the title screen upon loading, also I'm sure I asked previously but how do I access the Horde mode, assuming I correct in thinking there is one.
    :)
  • Derblington 11 Feb 2018 11:46:39 33,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Everything unlocks as you play further into the game. The gladiator arena stuff doesn't appear until mid-game and the Gods stuff, if that's what's on the title screen, is post-game content.

Re. the map size: the narrative only takes you through half of it and the other half is basically empty desert. Its a bit disappointing in that regard, but the world is still fantastic and the best thing about the game.
  • drhcnip 11 Feb 2018 12:54:09 6,462 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aye, the trials of the gods are post-game, can't wait till i can get in with them...

i thought as much about the mapsize - knowing the level for endgame, there was no way it was going to sustain through all those zones - i'll still be exploring, though, just love getting lost in the world and happening across stuff...
  • ChiefGB 11 Feb 2018 15:56:47 12,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Try as I might, I just can't get into this. It's all just so dull and done to death. It just feels like a chore to play through. I hope to God they've sorted out far cry 5 but I think I'm kidding myself. These games feel like they need even more than 2 years off at this rate.
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2018 16:26:41 50,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Couldn't disagree more :)
  • elvenscroll 11 Feb 2018 22:59:37 1,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Having just completed (well playing post game) WD+dlc I thought I would revisit this game, having only played 3 hours upon release.

I'm think I'm enjoying just enough to push on but I'm still not really feeling it, I'm still at the first area lvl 8 doing odds and sods. I have killed a main enemy though, 2 are red on the info/ menu screen, so maybe I offed two?

As a huge fan of the series, playing and completing all main entries I can't work out what it is with ACO. Maybe the time period ? I dislike the new menu system a lot but that obviously has no impact on the actual game.
    Hopefully it will click, sooner rather than later.
    I feel largely the same way about ACO. I've played through every game so far but just cannot get into this one, despite really liking the characters.

Sounds silly but I wanted Victorian London for so long I think the series peaked there for me.

I'm sure I'll finish it eventually but I have little desire to do so currently.
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Feb 2018 06:37:55 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @elvenscroll
    Syndicate is a wonderful game and the world (Ubi's forte) is excellent. Like you I love(d) it.

The era and settings do have a big part to play obviously and I have never been overly interested in Egyptian life and times.

Also the free running and climbing, especially the climbing are dumbed down yet further. I think in the next entry the climbing should be more interactive and more like the Tower climbs in the Far Cry series, at least with them you have to think a little bit.

I have recently had two very long questionnaires from Ubi about the AC series, one asking where the next game should be set, giving maybe 20 or more options. I think my 3 choices were.

100 years war
    The War of The Roses
    1970' England/London.

Any of those will do :)
  • Derblington 12 Feb 2018 06:46:35 33,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The free running will never be more than a button press because its your basic locomotion. It'd be like asking you to have to press buttons to move each leg independently when sprinting in other games.

In Far Cry the towers are mini-puzzles and that 30 second climb is a specific feature. Very different thing.

The point in AC is that its supposed to be seamless.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Feb 2018 07:12:22 16,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I actually thought the climbing was less dumbed down in AC:o trying to work out how to get in some pyramids is about as hard as platforming gets in the series (still not difficult).
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Feb 2018 07:13:21 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Derblington

Hi mate
    I get that to be honest it was more about the climbing, the climbing is at least slightly more interactive in the previous titles.
    As for free running im still having nightmares about trying to get through open windows in Unity...christ that could be painful!

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 07:14:01 12-02-2018
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Feb 2018 07:14:46 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Frogofdoom

Fair enough and good to hear, I have not climbed any yet :)
  • Frogofdoom 12 Feb 2018 07:22:47 16,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was some of the best bits of the game for me, really enjoyed exploring them. I wish they had taken it a bit further with them and made them bigger inside.
  • neems 15 Feb 2018 21:12:38 4,839 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just picked this up on PC (33 on uPlay store, 20% ubi-point discount took it down to 26 odd) - I'm not far enough in to really have an opinion on the game itself but holy shit the world is amazing. Astonishing looking I would be tempted to say.
  • pacrifice 16 Feb 2018 11:43:49 5,242 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just wait till you're in the desert at night in your bathrobe seeing ghosts mofo
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Feb 2018 09:03:53 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    At long last, well 11 odd hours over many (broken up) weeks play it has happened...
    AC O has finally clicked for me :) hazzuh for that.
    I'm now rather loving T'gypt.
    That is all chaps, I know you were concerned!!
  • Frogofdoom 19 Feb 2018 09:17:10 16,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did find it strange it wasn't clicking as its very much a duff approved experience.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Feb 2018 09:20:28 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Frogofdoom
    You and me both mate, rest assured all is well in EG towers once again as I feckin love it, say that in an Avid Merrion voice for full effect.

I'm about to put Bayak in Ezio's robes for full immersion :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.