Slay The Spire Page 5

• OnlyJoeKing 17 Jul 2019 08:41:16 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How are the touch controls, out of interest? Can you easily play it without using the physical controls at all?
  • Frogofdoom 17 Jul 2019 08:50:05 13,681 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shit, much better to totally ignore them.
  • Singularity 17 Jul 2019 10:36:13 3,152 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah. I use them in bed to avoid the button clicking disturbing the wife, but they ain't good.
  • OllyJ 17 Jul 2019 22:04:21 4,528 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah touch controls are not great, its fine with the physical buttons. It's mainly the selecting a card that is fiddly.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Jul 2019 11:47:46 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    After stumbling over a video of this I've decided to pick it up from thr humble sale and finally started playing it last night while the OH was on a love island marathon.

Fuck me it's addictive. I did a run with the ironclad, unlocked the silent and then played as that till I died to over confidence in act 4. Finally stopped played somewhere around 2.30 this morning.... o_0
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Jul 2019 14:02:34 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    After stumbling over a video of this I've decided to pick it up from thr humble sale and finally started playing it last night while the OH was on a love island marathon.

Fuck me it's addictive. I did a run with the ironclad, unlocked the silent and then played as that till I died to over confidence in act 4. Finally stopped played somewhere around 2.30 this morning.... o_0
    Act 4 already? Good going
  • Mola_Ram 18 Jul 2019 14:29:13 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think maybe he means Act 3. You don't even get to Act 4 until you've finished it with all 3 characters.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Jul 2019 16:30:24 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I think maybe he means Act 3. You don't even get to Act 4 until you've finished it with all 3 characters.
    yeah this, it was an elite battle in A3 ... oops
    still it was good build i had going with loads of block and poison and a relic that made all unblocked damage less than 5 = 1

the elite character just came at me with obscene amounts of attack ...

http://i.imgur.com/wlUld00.jpg

Edited by crashVoodoo at 16:50:37 18-07-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Jul 2019 17:03:17 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    yeah this, it was an elite battle in A3 ... oops
    still it was good build i had going with loads of block and poison and a relic that made all unblocked damage less than 5 = 1

the elite character just came at me with obscene amounts of attack ...

http://i.imgur.com/wlUld00.jpg
    My current silent one is getting through every battle by the skin of his teeth :).

I went through half of floor 2 with 1hp... I have no idea how i managed it but right before the final boss i got 3 bonfires in a row (gonna bite me in the arse in act 3).
  • crashVoodoo 18 Jul 2019 17:21:48 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 haha it's a good feeling when you survive combat without taking any damage.

I got the toxic egg again today. Do like that relic, instant card upgrade on pickup
  • Mola_Ram 18 Jul 2019 17:55:41 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whenever I get the egg, it's like right before the final battle or something. The game knows just how to troll you.
  • Frogofdoom 18 Jul 2019 17:56:45 13,681 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some lucky bastard got all 3 eggs before the end of act 1 the other day.
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Jul 2019 18:32:58 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got 2 of them on defect in act 1... was a winning run \o/
  • Graxlar_v3 18 Jul 2019 18:35:27 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3 haha it's a good feeling when you survive combat without taking any damage.

I got the toxic egg again today. Do like that relic, instant card upgrade on pickup
    Got to the battle before the final boss with almost full health. Come up against the bastard reaper. I never usually have any trouble with him but after a great first hand I get progressively shitter cards. The last attack I got a bunch of rubbish and he come out with a 70 70!!! Damage attach. I knocked him down to about 47 but didnít have that much life left after turns 3 and 4 had already seen some damage taken.
  • crashVoodoo 19 Jul 2019 02:36:59 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Completed A2 against the collector and picked 3 relics + 3 curse for shits n giggles.

Didn't realise until combat in A3 that the curses have stopped me using my dual wield, double tap, clash attack.

Scraped through first 2 fights and head for next battle just before the store only to come up against the replicant or something. Has 999 health and hits like a fuckin truck. I just had to hit it hard to remove it's strength and then survive its short lifespan.

Into the store, used all my gold to grab the card removal for the shittiest curse and them exit onto a '?'. Drink this and remove all your curses .... FFS!

Save and bed. Half 2 again .... o_0
  • OnlyJoeKing 20 Jul 2019 17:29:02 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get in. Beat the heart with the Defect on ascension 17.

Quite an interesting deck; two echo form cards, so you end up with the first 3 cards you play hitting twice, and hardly any orb cards. Mainly did damage with a few claw cards and that all for one card which puts all 0 cost cards back in your hand. Had a couple of the colourless cards that cost 0 and apply weak and vulnerable, and a couple of madness cards, and reprogram, and apotheosis, so once it got going I could play like 15 cards a hand. Only really had a few leaps and charge batteries otherwise to defend.

What a game. Just need to beat the heart with Ironclad now and beat the last couple of ascension levels with silent and defect.
  • OnlyJoeKing 20 Jul 2019 19:55:45 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And there it is, heart beaten with the Ironclad, with a barricade / entrench / body slam deck, with juggernaut, evolve and the mummified hand relic.

Turned it down to ascension 1 though for that though lol, but a win's a win!
  • OnlyJoeKing 20 Jul 2019 19:58:50 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck me, there are a few ridiculous achievements. These are the ones I haven't got yet.... don't think I'll be going for the set any time soon...

You Are Nothing
    Defeat a boss on turn 1.

Who Needs Relics?
    Beat the game with a single relic.

Speed Climber
    Beat the game in under 20 minutes.

Minimalist
    Beat the game with a 5 card deck or smaller.

Ooh Donut!
    Finish Donu with a Feed.

Common Sense
    Beat the game with a deck containing no uncommons or rares.

Focused
    Have 25 or more Focus during combat.

Neon
    Channel 9 Plasma in a single turn.

Eternal One
    Obtain all other Achievements.

Edited by OnlyJoeKing at 20:00:38 20-07-2019
  • Frogofdoom 20 Jul 2019 20:56:34 13,681 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today's daily challenge is a good one. Get a relic for every normal mob beaten, hand pick your deck and you and the enemy start with +3 strength.

Bit easy but you can do a crazy shiv build with that setup.
  • Duffking 21 Jul 2019 16:38:10 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Got my first Defect win, snowballed ridiculously. Basically channeled fuckloads of frost, tons of focus and 5 claws. Second phase of my act 3 boss went down in under 30 seconds.
  • timur 21 Jul 2019 18:25:45 36 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Since I beat act 3 with all three characters, I find I'm having a harder time getting that far and beyond. Maybe it's a RNG thing or I just need to git gud? I've definitely not switched ascension on but after beating act 3 with the silent on my third attempt I've now had a dozen where my decks just don't come together.

Is the final act fun?
  • rwklau 21 Jul 2019 20:11:15 144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    timur wrote:
    Is the final act fun?
    No, I wouldn't call it fun. Challenging, yes (harder than Act 3). Manages to not feel unfair, but I definitely think that some decks you could use to clear Act 3 have no chance on the final act.
  • rwklau 21 Jul 2019 20:15:20 144 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OnlyJoeKing wrote:
    Fuck me, there are a few ridiculous achievements. These are the ones I haven't got yet.... don't think I'll be going for the set any time soon...

Ooh Donut!
    Finish Donu with a Feed.
    This one really annoys me because I actually was in a position to get it but miscounted my energy and didn't get to play the feed card to finish off Donu and then had to kill it on the next turn with a non-feed card or I would have died.

OnlyJoeKing wrote:

Focused
    Have 25 or more Focus during combat.
    Consume and find an enemy that you can stall (i.e won't kill you) on.

Edited by rwklau at 20:15:42 21-07-2019
  • Mark1412 21 Jul 2019 20:33:22 1,500 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    timur wrote:
    Since I beat act 3 with all three characters, I find I'm having a harder time getting that far and beyond. Maybe it's a RNG thing or I just need to git gud? I've definitely not switched ascension on but after beating act 3 with the silent on my third attempt I've now had a dozen where my decks just don't come together.

Is the final act fun?
    This happened to me as well and I ended up putting it down, although I had beaten it with all 3 characters. I like it a lot but it's just a little too far on the side of RNG for me to stick with it.
  • Frogofdoom 21 Jul 2019 21:37:14 13,681 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today's daily is pretty challenging, single path with the defect. Once you get past the double elite in act 2 it isn't so bad but that particular bit was tricky.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Jul 2019 13:35:30 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    \o/ i managed a silent win.

I have seen act 3 boss with it almost every run for the last 3 days but kept drawing father time (one boss i hadn't defeated).

Well, father time can do one, i beat him and now i never have to use silent again.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Jul 2019 14:56:10 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm only playing silent as I love DoT powers in games. Is silent shit or something?
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Jul 2019 15:01:34 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I wasnít the biggest fan as the big bosses will all of a sudden clear out your poison stack and then you are fucked.
  • Frogofdoom 23 Jul 2019 15:02:54 13,681 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @crashVoodoo the silent is my favourite character, poison builds with catalyst are brutal.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Jul 2019 15:03:25 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The mental thing is, that was probably my worst run with him. I fucked it on 3 occasions and was left with little to no health and no bonfire in sight.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.