Slay The Spire Page 9

Next Last
  • Frogofdoom 15 Oct 2019 09:27:25 14,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Managed replace 66th on today's daily challenge on pc, I had 25 max health going into the last fight against the donut and his buddy. Finished with 25 health and 4 buffers :D
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2019 09:37:27 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think I've ever actually lost the Donu/Deca fight. I've had plenty of problems with the other two fights, but that one seems relatively easy (as long as you kill the donut first).
  • Frogofdoom 15 Oct 2019 10:12:40 14,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its more of how hard they hit when you only have 25 health. They are the easiest end boss for sure though
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2019 10:18:36 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sure they hit hard. But usually by that point I have something to deal with that. The other bosses are manageable, but very dangerous against certain decks. Awakened One will kill you if you have a lot of Power cards, and Time Eater... well, you probably don't want to be relying on your shivs.

Anyway, it's Act 2 that's usually toughest for me. If I can clear that, usually I'm in good enough shape to beat Act 3. As long as I don't do anything dumb, of course.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:41:10 15-10-2019
  • Duffking 21 Oct 2019 13:18:24 16,402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cleared Ascension 1 for Silent and Ironclad last night. I have no idea how the fuck you even begin to survive the heart though.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Oct 2019 15:07:14 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Cleared Ascension 1 for Silent and Ironclad last night. I have no idea how the fuck you even begin to survive the heart though.
    Typically it requires you to have something that's really, really OP. I think it's telling that the only times I've managed it have been with the Defect stacking frost orbs, and/or Echo Form.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 5 Nov 2019 23:50:57 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hah, finally got a heart-kill. Got it on The Defect, where I'd had a number of close-runs (heart in double-figure health), but weirdly, when I got the kill, it was with what looked like an absolute junk hand.

Had been trying to go for a small-hand tactic, with lots of focus and rapid cycling of frost and lightning orbs. When I got the kill, I had a massive hand, the relic that adds a random card to your draw pile each turn and an absolute shit-ton of RNGesus Loves Me in the fight itself.

Wasn't even all that close. Had around 40 health left when the heart died.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 Nov 2019 07:27:03 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Started this the other day and have had a few runs. Not quite the digital crack I was expecting hearing people talk about it but I am quite enjoying it. My favourite so far is the assassin type guy with all the poison etc. I had a really good run with him where I levelled up an innate card that did 20 damage, then duplicated it 3 times, then also had 3 shivs in my hand at the start of the round, and relics that gave bonuses to 0 cost cards etc etc. I was doing about 120 damage on turn 1 and feeling very good about myself as I was pretty much flying through everyone, until I hit Act 3 and I wasn't. So far seems extremely luck based but I am enjoying it and will keep on going.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2019 07:31:38 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is luck in it, but luck isn't really the determiner of you being able to win consistently.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 00:09:21 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    And that's a heart kill on the Silent. Much, much faster than the Defect. Just the Ironclad to go now.

Got the Silent kill with a shiv-based build, with just a bit of poison for background damage. Had an absolutely huge hand again.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2019 00:14:03 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've never managed killing the heart with Silent. Though I probably could if I went back to a lower ascension level.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 00:19:42 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm doing all this on Ascension 1 for heart kills. The increased elite frequency means you can rack up more relics, but nothing else is harder.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Nov 2019 01:34:45 21,765 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I should probably try that. I don't really care about killing the heart (though I'll always try to). It would just be nice to get the beta art for each character.
  • Duffking 9 Nov 2019 12:24:36 16,402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How is the "successful runs" stat calculated? I'm at ascension 3 on Ironclad and 2 on Defect/Silent, so by definition I've won 7 runs but the game only says 5? Does it not count the ones where I tried to kill the heart but failed?
  • HairyArse 9 Nov 2019 13:42:19 1,335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Started playing this on Xbox yesterday, thanks to GamePass and liked it enough to buy it on Switch to play in bed. However, if I accidentally press Y one more time and end my turn before playing a card I'm going to fucking scream.

It wouldn't be hard to add a confirm prompt for when you accidentally press End Turn with full energy still. Enjoying it otherwise, though.
  • TechnoHippy 9 Nov 2019 14:02:24 15,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Finally managed to reach the top - killed a boss that cheated and respawned and then encountered the heart and died, but I'm not sure how \i'm supposed to kill it. Was it because I hadn't fully unlocked the character?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 16:07:18 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @TechnoHippy You can't kill the heart on your first time hitting it with any character.

If you do want to kill it, you'll first need to kill the chapter 3 boss with each character. Once you've done that, you'll unlock some new stuff on future runs. If you want to progress to chapter 4 and fight the heart, you'll need to:

a) Defeat the elite with a swirly thing around it (there'll be one of these in each chapter, but you only need beat one of them). When defeated, in addition to the usual relic, it'll give you a shard.

b) Choose to recollect rather than resting or forging at a rest site. This will give you a shard. You only need do it once per run (and it does mean essentially skipping a rest site).

c) Choose to take the shard rather than the relic from a chest. Again only needs to be done once per run, but again means you are basically skipping the chest.

If you fight the chapter 3 boss and win with all 3 shards, chapter 4 will unlock. That's very small. You get a rest site, then a merchant, then a unique elite, then the heart. Chapter 4 is much harder than the rest of the game and killing the heart takes both preparation and a fair chunk of luck, but it represents the "true end".
  • TechnoHippy 9 Nov 2019 18:07:04 15,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thanks!
  • Duffking 10 Nov 2019 16:12:33 16,402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago

eat shit, collector
  • Murbs 11 Nov 2019 09:55:32 24,461 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finished a great Defect run this morning. Had a relic that gave me a new orb every 2 turns. That with a few claws, strength boost from curses, focus boost, and extra energy. Still thought The Enlightened One would have me at one point, but a well timed Buffer+ helped me right out 👌
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.