Singles holidays Page 2

Next Last
  • Salaman 6 Feb 2018 09:07:09 23,643 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    itsamemarcus wrote:
    @GuybrushThreepwood Thanks dude, like you said 18-30s isn’t for me. I came across Contiki, but I’ll take a look at the others.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of those kind of holidays.

I once went on a ski trip for singles. Me and single female friend wanted to go on a ski holiday and she found a website of a Dutch organisation that organises ski trips for singles. (we're both from Belgium)

With 48 Dutch singles ages 25-40 and us two Belgians, it was an interesting trip but I'm not sure if any of it will be relevant for your planned cruise trip to Egypt.
  • EMarkM 6 Feb 2018 09:16:30 4,480 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In search of STREET FOOD, eh?
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Feb 2018 09:55:05 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Also every time I’ve been introduced to someone as “we met while backpacking across Micronesia” they’ve been a nailed on weapons grade cunt
    You can spot total cunts a mile off, any twat with henna, dreads, piles of local jewellery or clothes is to be avoided.

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 09:57:54 06-02-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Feb 2018 10:07:10 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    up_the_ante wrote:
    There's a company called Flashpack that seems to do cool holidays for young people that are single. I wouldn't mind doing some of those myself, if I didn't think I was getting charged twice the price it should cost :rolleyes:
    I just looked at their Vietnam and Cambodia trip, 14 days - 2549 quid! It really is double the cost....
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Feb 2018 10:07:25 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    In search of STREET FOOD, eh?
    Hmmmm. Streeeet fooooooood.
  • thelzdking 6 Feb 2018 10:32:05 9,409 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    up_the_ante wrote:
    There's a company called Flashpack that seems to do cool holidays for young people that are single. I wouldn't mind doing some of those myself, if I didn't think I was getting charged twice the price it should cost :rolleyes:
    I just looked at their Vietnam and Cambodia trip, 14 days - 2549 quid! It really is double the cost....
    That's crazy prices for backpacking.
  • KnuttinAtoll 6 Feb 2018 12:29:36 7,232 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Yeah, I always thought the whole point of backpacking is travel on a shoestring budget.

If I spend 2-4k for a couple weeks holidays (per person!!) I expect nothing but luxury (and a personal servant carrying my bags at all times).

Just to put this into context, I spent about 10k Euros on six months travelling HK/Japan/Oz/NZ (i.e. not the cheapest countries, compared to other parts in Asia) including many day trips and excursions.

Hehe and a "Spain Vespa" trip starts from $1942 for 4 days. Presumably, Vespa to be returned after the trip. You wonder what sort of target audience you'll meet in those. Cash rich hipsters unable to plan a trip on their own and the inability to talk to strangers.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Feb 2018 12:35:00 13,617 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Yeah, I always thought the whole point of backpacking is travel on a shoestring budget.

If I spend 2-4k for a couple weeks holidays (per person!!) I expect nothing but luxury (and a personal servant carrying my bags at all times).

Just to put this into context, I spent about 10k Euros on six months travelling HK/Japan/Oz/NZ (i.e. not the cheapest countries, compared to other parts in Asia) including many day trips and excursions.

Hehe and a "Spain Vespa" trip starts from $1942 for 4 days. Presumably, Vespa to be returned after the trip. You wonder what sort of target audience you'll meet in those. Cash rich hipsters unable to plan a trip on their own and the inability to talk to strangers.
    Through my travels in Asia I've always found cash rich hipsters to be the type to intentionally slum it for the 'experience'. They will also dress in a manner which also gives the impression they're on a budget, but again it's part of the 'experience'.
  • KnuttinAtoll 6 Feb 2018 12:46:05 7,232 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Roughing it in hostels was a necessary evil to keep the budget under control, they were also great places to meet other single travellers. Was quite a character building experience as I travelled on my own and was quite shy at the time to approach strangers.

I remember some travellers boasting about staying in Sydney's Kings Cross hostels (i.e. proper dives, just to save a few bucks per night but bedbugs included for free) while I tried to filter out the worse ones and usually stuck with YHA joints. Usually the more dreadlocks you'd see the worse the hygiene standards overall.

In less developed Asian countries though I think you can probably stay in decent hotels for the same price or not much more and avoid hostels altogether, especially during shorter trips - the best and most luxurious hotels I ever stayed in were located in the poorer countries actually.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 12:47:27 06-02-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Feb 2018 13:02:51 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it possible to be caucasian, have dreadlocks and not be an arsehole?
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Feb 2018 13:05:50 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Can be, can also be going on holiday in quite a few locations where a rucksack is a far more practical choice.
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Feb 2018 13:10:26 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Indeed, do it yourself for a fraction of the cost and don't have to endure mass group tourism.

I can understand group travel for people who are older, don't speak English etc. but it fills me with horror.
    A mate of mine travelled round parts of the USA on one of these group tour holidays and loved it, I suppose you may tick of more of your "must see" sight boxes but traipsing on and off a bus with 25 others. Sod that.
  • KnuttinAtoll 6 Feb 2018 14:09:51 7,232 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Can be, can also be going on holiday in quite a few locations where a rucksack is a far more practical choice.
    Of course although when I go on a short business trip with my small rucksack I wouldn't call that 'backpacking';)
  • up_the_ante 7 Feb 2018 13:11:56 1,058 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Of course although when I go on a short business trip with my small rucksack I wouldn't call that 'backpacking';)
    You're not one of those guys that wears a suit and has a rucksack slung over one shoulder?
  • Syrette 7 Feb 2018 13:35:37 50,266 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Oh dear.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2018 13:52:42 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Oh dear.
    You have dreads?
    Fuck, sorry mate.
  • Syrette 7 Feb 2018 13:53:19 50,266 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I wish.
  • henro_ben 7 Feb 2018 14:08:31 2,388 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Explore do trips that tend to have a mix of couples & single travellers, and does include a "cruise" on the Nile between Luxor & Aswan.

I did it 3 years ago as I've done the traveller thing before, and quite frankly I couldn't be arsed to sort it all out myself again. Sometimes you just want to have a holiday and be a tourist ;-)

They've put their prices up a hell of a lot though, was around £800 end of 2014. But was a good trip, around 10 of us in the group and the sites were basically deserted due to the troubles. Guide was good, knowledgable and happy to help sort out extra stuff if you wanted to visit something else & it wouldn't interfere with their itinerary.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.