DC Films Page 55

• anephric 22 May 2020 15:48:29 4,017 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I know it takes all sorts, but the fact that people can be soooo passionate about this is a mind-boggling waste of energy. How is it possible to be so obsessive about something so sub par?

I MUST HAVE MORE ILL-CONCEIVED GRIMDARK WANK THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MADE BY NEARLY ANYONE YET I UTTERLY ASSOCIATE WITH THE AUTEUR ZACK SNYDER.
  • JamboWayOh 22 May 2020 16:25:27 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doesn't that apply to any artistic medium, you can find something that's objectively terrible and there will be people calling it the second coming.
  • Nazo 22 May 2020 16:51:10 1,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Some people....

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-zack-snyder-movie-physical-copies-destroy/
    Why even buy the thing in the first place if they hate it that much? Take this WB! I'm going to punish you by giving you all of my monies.
  • anephric 22 May 2020 16:51:29 4,017 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Doesn't that apply to any artistic medium, you can find something that's objectively terrible and there will be people calling it the second coming.
    You can, but bad things with followings tend to be culty and ironically appreciated, and then you're lucky if it gets a decent release somewhere in the world on Blu-ray, or it may get fanfunded because no studio or distributor will pay for it to be restored. Hence all sorts of fan edits.

That HBO are willing to drop $20 million to finish up Snyder's unfinished work is mental. You could make another film for that, but no, I NEED those extra Cyborg shots to really tie that boring-as-fuck subplot together.

You might as well edit a few episodes of Supergirl together and photoshop Steppenwolf in at the end, maybe a few more scenes of Jason Momoa saying BRO or something. That would up the ante.

It's just the frothing fandom over something so absolutely average and banal (at best) that astonishes me. But then THAT'S LIFE.

Edited by anephric at 16:52:06 22-05-2020
  • RGeefe 22 May 2020 17:06:07 985 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    You can, but bad things with followings tend to be culty and ironically appreciated, and then you're lucky if it gets a decent release somewhere in the world on Blu-ray, or it may get fanfunded because no studio or distributor will pay for it to be restored. Hence all sorts of fan edits.

That HBO are willing to drop $20 million to finish up Snyder's unfinished work is mental. You could make another film for that, but no, I NEED those extra Cyborg shots to really tie that boring-as-fuck subplot together.

You might as well edit a few episodes of Supergirl together and photoshop Steppenwolf in at the end, maybe a few more scenes of Jason Momoa saying BRO or something. That would up the ante.

It's just the frothing fandom over something so absolutely average and banal (at best) that astonishes me. But then THAT'S LIFE.
    Pretty much this. It's like saying release the Lucas Cut of Phantom Menace. Really?
  • beastmaster 28 May 2020 13:02:14 20,704 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    HBO boss has gone on record saying that the Snyder Cut is going to be "wildly expensive" and he wishes it would only be $20-$30 million dollars to get it done. I kind of through that wasn't much at the time. I'd expect it to cost around £60-$70 million.

Henry Cavill is in talks to play Superman again but not in a stand alone film. It won't be Man of Steel 2 but more likely Black Adam with The Rock.
  • JamboWayOh 28 May 2020 13:11:53 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why all this money, I thought Snyder kept saying his cut was always there waiting to be released? All the people saying release the cut. So which is it? Is there a cut or is some mentalist giving him money to remake his own film that was taken off him?
  • richarddavies 28 May 2020 13:17:43 7,669 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, it is a bit odd that people wanted this Snyder cut yet it seems they literally have to get the cast back in to actually make it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 May 2020 13:19:16 24,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You could have finished that sentence way sooner.
  • richarddavies 28 May 2020 13:21:20 7,669 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Heh. Too true. It's an odd worl we live in where 70 million will happily be spent to keep Zack Snyders ego happy.
  • beastmaster 28 May 2020 13:22:47 20,704 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Why all this money, I thought Snyder kept saying his cut was always there waiting to be released? All the people saying release the cut. So which is it? Is there a cut or is some mentalist giving him money to remake his own film that was taken off him?
    His original cut wasn't finished. There was still a fair bit of work to do on it before they decided to reshoot it.

There's also the "it's a whole new thing" statement. He showed them a 4 hour version of what he wanted to do and that probably includes changes to what he originally shot. It would probably take a good new million just to change some of the really shitty effects. Who knows.
  • Mola_Ram 28 May 2020 13:24:17 23,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Superman probably grew a beard again.
  • JamboWayOh 28 May 2020 13:25:41 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahh ok, so some mentalist is definitely giving him silly money to remake the film that was taken off him. That person definitely deserves a raise of some kind.
  • beastmaster 28 May 2020 13:46:44 20,704 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Ahh ok, so some mentalist is definitely giving him silly money to remake the film that was taken off him. That person definitely deserves a raise of some kind.
    If it gets HBO Max an absolute fuckton of money, then he will probably get a huge bonus. Then weíll get the Ayre cut of Suicide Squad. Although according to Ayre he just needs to recut the film and doesnít need any additional funds.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:46:59 28-05-2020
  • JamboWayOh 28 May 2020 13:49:48 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love how these guys constantly fall up.
  • Your-Mother 28 May 2020 17:05:17 4,294 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think people here are overestimating how popular this might be. HBO Max isnít going to be betting the farm on making it their premium driver of subscribers. Average people who donít give a shit but will subscribe for Friends far outweighs the neckbeards who are clamoring for this worthless endeavor.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 28 May 2020 17:23:55 19,729 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Heh. Too true. It's an odd worl we live in where 70 million will happily be spent to keep Zack Snyders ego happy.
    To be completely fair, for whatever reason there has been absolutely massive demand for it. Itís happening because the fans want it.

FWIW Iím interested to see it. Snyder teased a picture of Darkseid the other day which works for me.
  • nickthegun 28 May 2020 17:24:29 81,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I would/will watch it out of morbid curiosity but theres absolutely no way I would pay for it and it certainly wouldnt drive me to a subscription service.

Even if the reshoots cost 20 quid, I cant see how they will recover the outlay.
  • Not-a-reviewer 28 May 2020 17:36:53 6,227 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Theyíve said there are no reshoots or filming, the money is in effects, music etc.
  • Derblington 28 May 2020 17:42:10 33,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    richarddavies wrote:
    To be completely fair, for whatever reason there has been absolutely massive demand for it. Itís happening because the fans want it.

FWIW Iím interested to see it. Snyder teased a picture of Darkseid the other day which works for me.
    I actually quite like Snyder (as much as you can someone you donít know). He seems intelligent and knowledgeable, and his ideas for his movies are often incredibly interesting. He did a Q&A after the premiere of SuckerPunch here and it was really cool listening to him dissect the scenes and answer questions about process, etc, and the recent breakdown he did of MoS had a lot of hidden depth to what he was going for.

The problem is that heís not an accomplished enough filmmaker to translate his ideas onto the screen with any subtlety or nuance, and they all just come across as OTT style and spectacle. I canít really work out how he has such a following. Heís sort of a cack-handed version of George Miller.
  • beastmaster 28 May 2020 17:59:01 20,704 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Theyíve said there are no reshoots or filming, the money is in effects, music etc.
    Yep. When I said ď His original cut wasn't finished. There was still a fair bit of work to do on it before they decided to reshoot itď I meant the decision to part ways and being in Whedon.

Edited by beastmaster at 17:59:22 28-05-2020
  • You-can-call-me-kal 28 May 2020 18:04:25 19,729 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Whatever you think of Snyder, Whedon did a horrible job. His input is soooooo tonally mismatched to the rest of it and creates a completely broken jarring experience. Itís an absolute mess.

IĎve no doubt the Snyder cut will be terrible but at least weíll get a sense of what sort of film it was supposed to be.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 May 2020 18:06:31 24,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I honestly couldn't tell which scenes he did. I thought the whole thing was excruciatingly badly made. I can't think of a single scene that wasn't terrible.
  • Baihu1983 3 Jun 2020 18:26:54 12,344 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well joss whedon wants to do another JL. I don't see him getting that wish.

But what ever happens they need to build JL2 up with 5 or 6 other movies
  • Your-Mother 3 Jun 2020 18:31:31 4,294 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Or just not bother.
  • Baihu1983 13 Jun 2020 11:43:08 12,344 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WW84 delayed again

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-1984-release-date-change-august-october/

October
  • Gruff 13 Jun 2020 12:25:57 3,592 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Best DC property by far is the current Harley Quinn animation, and its not even close, the writing is always fresh and engaging unlike every DC film I have seen. But Joss Whedon doing a DC film would pique my nipples

Avengers Assemble was decent, for a Marvel film, I tend to turn most superhero films off within 20 mins TBH with a few exceptions.
  • beastmaster 13 Jun 2020 12:36:49 20,704 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Best DC property by far is the current Harley Quinn animation, and its not even close, the writing is always fresh and engaging unlike every DC film I have seen. But Joss Whedon doing a DC film would pique my nipples.
    A new Superman film with Henry Cavill?
  • Gruff 13 Jun 2020 13:07:03 3,592 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Never taken by the Superman character, dunno, just not for me.
  • beastmaster 18 Jun 2020 17:36:40 20,704 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darkseid is here!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.