• neilka 12 Mar 2018 23:51:55 23,406 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    New Joker revealed

• DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 13 Mar 2018 00:03:05 32,519 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    :D

I bet they didn't even ask him to do any of that. It just happened.
  • Deleted user 13 March 2018 00:05:42
    Justice League isn't as much bad as it is just completely bland and forgettable. If BvS at least had some philosophical depth and lent itself to some individual interpretation regarding its themes of paranoia, fear and powerlessness, and if WW was powered by a genuine sense of emotion, JL was just...hollow. There was absolutely no substance. It just existed to show what the Snyder detractors what they wanted - an MCU clone - and to pander to nostalgia (including with the cringeworthy melody-drops of the John Williams & Danny Batman Superman & Batman themes), but instead of realising that what they wanted wasn't what they wanted, they started blaming each other and everyone else.

Whedon's an easy target for the criticism, but the reality is apparent from the BTS videos that this was basically Snyder doing what the studio wanted instead of what he wanted. Whedon's main contributions seem to be basically the terrible opening rooftop sequence and the weird colour scheme that looks like someone set the red/green colour balance on your TV wrong.

In a sense it's basically Suicide Squad, only without the gleefully exaggerated personalities and macabre humour that made SS at the very least entertaining.

There's a YouTube user who's created a "pseudo-Synder Cut" of certain scenes, only with a more consistent colour scheme with BvS, the BvS score and some of the dodgier Whedon-esque gags removed. If nothing else, I find the visualised concept here a lot better.

Incidentally, that same user did an "if Zack Synder directed Avengers" video which looks absolutely fucking awful. Just goes to show that one franchise shouldn't be copying the other.

Edited by FilthyAnimal at 00:08:29 13-03-2018
  • Deleted user 13 March 2018 00:42:46
    I wasn't too fussed about the WW1 setting. Personally I found it interesting to put WW in a context where she faced misogyny that was entirely socially acceptable and it was completely strange to her (contrasted by Etta Candy's willingness to submit to it). In some places it was a little too on the nose (such as the big military meeting scene) but there was a general sense of her not being respected, which she gave precisely zero fucks about. It made her interesting.

Setting the second film in the 80s will cause that to suffer a bit. I suspect the 80s was chosen because they wanted to have something halfway modern while preserving the gender disparity. It was essentially the start of the movement towards gender equality. But very few people were like Gene Hunt in the 1980s.

I do enjoy SS, up to the point where they suddenly decide to all fall into line and fight countless non-descript bubble zombies in Midway City. The film's at its best when they're scheming against and digging at one another. Any scene in which Enchantress is not featured is better by default. Basically most of the first half is decent, after that it was utter wank.

Edited by FilthyAnimal at 00:44:18 13-03-2018
  • Derblington 13 Mar 2018 06:55:52 33,414 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ControlledChaos wrote:
    Meh I thought JL is the best DCEU movie so far, followed closely by SS, I like the WW character but hated the WW1 setting, I found it problematic personally
    I'm struggling to think you're not just trolling the movie threads.
  • beastmaster 13 Mar 2018 17:55:57 20,912 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    New rumour/speculation going around. Thereís been nothing from Matt Reeves about the new Batman film because he hasnít yet turned in a first draft which he was supposed to do in October last year. Itís not at the place WB/DC want it to be.

As a result of this, none of the previously announced films such as Batgirl, Nightwing, Gotham City Sirens are not moving ahead. Which kind of makes sense as they are waiting to see what kind of direction Reeves will take it. There is also some speculation that itíll be used to reboot the entire MCEU, which I think is a bit of a stretch. Who knows, they may well see what happens with this before announcing Man of Steel 2, Green Lantern Corps for definite.

Weíve got Aquaman this year. I guess itís just a question of how awful itís going to be. Positive vibes so far but thatís pretty much always the case these days.

Edited by beastmaster at 17:56:35 13-03-2018
  • Not-a-reviewer 13 Mar 2018 18:20:32 6,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reeves is probably the best writer/director involved at this stage so if they want something good it makes sense to leave him to it.
  • Not-a-reviewer 13 Mar 2018 18:21:18 6,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's pretty unlikely batman will reboot the MCEU though.
  • Baihu1983 13 Mar 2018 19:28:24 12,459 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reeves came out recently and said the internet stories are BS and him and WB agreed he Wouldn't start on The Batman script till after all the war of the apes stuff was finished plus some other little bits her was already committed to.
  • nickthegun 13 Mar 2018 19:31:15 82,289 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thatís a very long sentence
  • Your-Mother 13 Mar 2018 19:34:09 4,472 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm glad we have all these industry insiders here to keep us abreast of these fascinating developments.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Mar 2018 19:34:46 19,988 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Totally needs to write for the White House relations team.
  • beastmaster 13 Mar 2018 19:47:20 20,912 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    But how many times have Hollywood execs and the like come out and said the internet is wrong...only to be revealed later that it was right! At least once, Iíd guess.

Apes was out in cinemas in July. Iím sure heís working hard this film and his other things. It could be the same problem they had with Batfleck. Getting the script right.

There are plenty of stories they could just plain pinch from the comics Iím sure. Why do they have to come up with their Ďoriginalí shit ideas? If Suicide Squad had been a straight adaptation of the Assault on Arkham animated film, it would have been a billion times better than the shit we got.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Mar 2018 20:30:40 19,988 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't wait to see another tortured flashback down Crime Alley with pearls dropping on the floor in slow motion.
  • Baihu1983 13 Mar 2018 20:46:17 12,459 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should do a live action version of The Batman Who Laughs
  • Baihu1983 28 Mar 2018 08:30:45 12,459 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    https://youtu.be/yG1ypwfULFI

IGN loved Batman Ninja.

Does look fun and the animation is well above their usual films.
  • beastmaster 17 Apr 2018 20:34:59 20,912 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Margot Robbie's back in action as the next confirmed film (until it's knocked back) is the Harley Quinn Spinoff ĎBirds of Preyí

Cathy Yan Likely to Direct Margot Robbie in Harley Quinn Spinoff ĎBirds of Preyí
  • Baihu1983 18 Apr 2018 07:01:27 12,459 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blackhawk being made by Spielberg

https://screenrant.com/spielberg-blackhawk-movie-dceu-wonder-woman/
  • Bichii 18 Apr 2018 07:13:22 3,164 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Today is a good day. I've decided on lots of naughty food, some drinks whilst watching m.o.s, bvs and j.l. in a row.
  • challenge_hanukkah 18 Apr 2018 07:50:50 12,840 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd hate to see what you subject yourself to on a bad day.
  • Bichii 18 Apr 2018 07:52:15 3,164 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Marvel movies!

Although to be fair I loved Thor ragnanok and Spiderman homecoming.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 18 Apr 2018 07:58:10 25,597 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Funnily enough they made Jimmy Saville do exactly the same thing when he got to hell.
  • Deleted user 18 April 2018 08:12:33
    Poor kids. As if locked in cages wasn't enough. They are now forced to watch cavills tache cgi.
  • beastmaster 18 Apr 2018 09:47:10 20,912 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Blackhawk being made by Spielberg

https://screenrant.com/spielberg-blackhawk-movie-dceu-wonder-woman/
    But not till after Indy 5 and West Side Story so itís a good few years away.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.