Forza Horizon: Rally Expansion Pack - Xbox One BC how to install

• Captain_Toad 7 Mar 2018 21:52:00 582 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Firstly buy it here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Horizon-Rally-Expansion-Download/dp/B01LDPT5QA

Then activate the code.

Find the main Forza Horizon icon on your Xbox One dash, right click, manage game, ready to install and away you go.

As the pack has been de-listed, buying a code is the only way to get it. I assume when the codes are done, they are done.

Playing it now in lovely 4k BC and it's very nice :)
  • Captain_Toad 8 Mar 2018 12:55:57 582 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    No one interested in grabbing this before the keys are all gone?

The rallying has a brilliant feel and the tracks are really well designed. No dynamic weather or time of day however. Once the keys are gone you may never have a chance to play this again so just giving fair warning (also it's in 4k on the one X)!
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 8 Mar 2018 13:03:52 31,998 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a bit pricey, and I'm still waiting on the fix they promised. I bought it months before it was de-listed and it didn't work, so they promised a fix. It hasn't happened so far, and at this point it's fairly safe to say they never will fix it now, so there's no way I'm giving them more money for the same thing a second time.

Edit: Looking at the official forums, it might actually be fixed now, and has been for a while. My apologies to the developer and publisher for not having kept up-to-date.

Edited by DFawkes at 13:08:34 08-03-2018
  • Captain_Toad 8 Mar 2018 13:12:02 582 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    What was broken?
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 8 Mar 2018 13:32:27 31,998 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Season Pass owners downloading the Rally Expansion didn't work. It'd try and contact the servers, which were supposed to authenticate that you had the Season Pass and add the expansion to your downloads, but the server responsible for that didn't work for a good few weeks before it was officially de-listed. This meant people that wanted to downloaded before it was de-listed couldn't do so.

The Season Pass also didn't directly give access to any of the other vehicle content due to the same issue, but there was a workaround for that part using the Xbox Live Marketplace website. This workaround didn't work for the expansion, though. It had to contact that content server to verify the Season Pass. If you tried to just download the Rally Expansion, it'd try and charge you separately.

From the forum, I assume they just fixed that server, but I'll have to wait until I get home to confirm.
  • Captain_Toad 8 Mar 2018 14:55:45 582 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ah ok, yeah, should work fine for you now!
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 8 Mar 2018 20:44:36 31,998 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It works! Was a bit of a faff, as selecting Horizon Rally displayed a different message about it being available on December 18th, but when I clicked download inside the in-game Marketplace on the car you get with the expansion, it triggered the expansion download.

I wouldn't even have thought to check after all this time, so thanks for the reminder Captain Toad :)
  • MrMumtaz 8 Mar 2018 21:26:44 1,136 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Did they ever turn Rivals mode back on in FH1?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.