Next Last
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Jun 2018 13:34:39 10,766 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I quite like Tuborg. It at least has a taste unlike Fisters and Jarlsberg
  • chopsen 27 Jun 2018 13:37:53 20,502 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Isn't Tuborg supposed to be a posher version of Carlsberg?
  • JamboWayOh 27 Jun 2018 13:40:16 13,238 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Warm can of Worthington's is akin to torture.
  • thelzdking 27 Jun 2018 13:46:10 9,368 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carling is horrid, absolutely disgusting. Fosters is bland, although if it's really cold it's okay. Stella tastes of chemicals IMO. Carlsberg is my go-to cheap lager.

I remember my mate used to like Spar own brand lager, that was really horrible.
  • disusedgenius 27 Jun 2018 13:50:33 9,793 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was pleasantly surprised by that Hop House lager Guinness started pushing recently, it's pretty good for how available it is.
  • thelzdking 27 Jun 2018 13:56:30 9,368 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hop House 13, Estrella and Asahi are all in my good books.
  • RawShark 27 Jun 2018 14:43:02 579 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hop House 13 starts off well and gets progressiveluy tougher to drink as you go on. It's a good beer if you want to cut down as after three pints you're thoroughly depressed and want to go home.

Estrella isn't bad if you want a cold and fairly light lager on a hot day. I just wish they'd stop releasing those godamned "it's not an advert, it's a movie" adverts.

But yeah, a freezing cold Asahi, in the bath, with a white chocolate magnum and an iPad playing Last Week Tonight with John Oliver... That's living.
  • thelzdking 27 Jun 2018 14:51:13 9,368 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    But yeah, a freezing cold Asahi, in the bath, with a white chocolate magnum and an iPad playing Last Week Tonight with John Oliver... That's living.
    Are you sure you don't mean "glass of Lambrini" and "Love Island"?
  • JamboWayOh 27 Jun 2018 14:52:59 13,238 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    RawShark wrote:
    Are you sure you don't mean "glass of Lambrini" and "Love Island"?
    And a frozen poo in place of a Magnum.
  • minky-kong 27 Jun 2018 15:45:26 14,242 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    Estrella isn't bad if you want a cold and fairly light lager on a hot day. I just wish they'd stop releasing those godamned "it's not an advert, it's a movie" adverts.
    Estrella is my go to as well, but that awful Peter Dinklage pile of shit almost makes me want to never buy one ever again.
  • chopsen 27 Jun 2018 15:52:15 20,502 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You guys should go to a Festival Republic festival (leeds, reading, latitude). There is a choice of exactly 2 beers everywhere on site: tuborg or carling. You aren't allowed to bring your own alcohol in to the arena.
  • retro74 27 Jun 2018 15:52:55 2,851 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Asahi is my main lager too as it's very refreshing

Although recently I've been drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon as it's 60p cheaper a bottle
  • minky-kong 27 Jun 2018 15:57:05 14,242 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    chopsen wrote:
    You guys should go to a Festival Republic festival (leeds, reading, latitude). There is a choice of exactly 2 beers everywhere on site: tuborg or carling. You aren't allowed to bring your own alcohol in to the arena.
    Fuck, going to one on Saturday! :(
  • RawShark 27 Jun 2018 16:27:27 579 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @thelzdking If I'm watching Love Island I'm usually drinking Tennent's Super.
  • RawShark 27 Jun 2018 16:33:18 579 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @JamboWayOh One of the funniest stories I ever heard was how my friend went to see his first 15 rated film (Mortal Kombat) when he was about 13. He was so excited to have got in, and took a seat in the back row. Just as the film started, someone from the front row, for reasons unknown, lobbed an untouched and very much frozen Magnum, which after spinning majestically through the air like a WWI hand grenade, flew straight into my friend's grinning face. It loosened a tooth and split his lip open.

But at least it wasn't a frozen poo.

Edited by RawShark at 23:37:19 27-06-2018
  • chopsen 27 Jun 2018 16:38:51 20,502 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    chopsen wrote:
    Do what everybody else does. Get shitfaced before you get to arena security.
  • Dougs 27 Jun 2018 17:10:10 89,230 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    RawShark wrote:
    Estrella is my go to as well, but that awful Peter Dinklage pile of shit almost makes me want to never buy one ever again.
    I'll add in Moretti to this mix too. Definitely my go to beer at the moment. And I've started drinking quite a lot of Sam Adams Boston Lager.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Jun 2018 17:25:19 10,766 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    chopsen wrote:
    You're supposed to bury your drink/and or drugs the year before the site is set up, knock yourself up a little pirate treasure map and dig it up when you get there.
  • RawShark 27 Jun 2018 17:31:59 579 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @challenge_hanukkah Nothing like the taste of a year old can of warm stella pulled straight from the ground.
  • Dougs 27 Jun 2018 22:23:25 89,230 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @challenge_hanukkah Hah, a mate of my brother's did that before the Isle of Wight festival. 4-6 weeks before, buried a 12 pack, happy as Larry.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.