Battletech (2018 PC game) Page 23

Next Last
  • sherpa1984 25 Apr 2020 13:39:55 847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's the thoughts on the combined DLCs? They have mixed reviews on Steam where as the base game is positive.

Looks like the Paradox sale on Humble can net all 3 DLCs for about £18.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Apr 2020 14:50:01 8,685 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Definitely worth getting if you like the base game.

Flashpoint adds a whole new post-game for once you've finished the campaign and greatly enhances career mode. Adds three new mechs and a whole bunch of mini-campaigns.

Urban Warfare focusses on mission variety. Adds two new mechs, a new biome, a couple of new mission types and a bunch more mini-campaigns.

Heavy Metal is more about mech variety. Adds an absolute shitload of new mechs, plus a few new mini-campaigns that hint at a Clans-based sequel.
  • sherpa1984 25 Apr 2020 15:58:27 847 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks- is it worth it for an in-progess campaign?

Also- any experience of crashes? I know the game was patched recently but when I picked this game up again a week ago I struggle to go 30mins without a crash.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Apr 2020 16:05:04 8,685 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @sherpa1984 For an in-progress campaign, you will see most of the new mechs show up in markets and as adversaries. The exceptions are the Hatchetman (FP), Raven (UW) and Bullshark (HM), which require post-game mini-campaigns to be completed before they unlock.

I've never really had crashes in Battletech. If you're getting them, it may be down to drivers or something on your PC.
  • stevenfindley 16 May 2020 18:13:11 1 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Brother Printer gets offline all of a sudden while printing and therefore the customers have decided to wag-off rather than resolving this issue. a number of the Brother Printer users donít have ample technical knowledge and thatís why they got failed in handling the related issue Brother printer keeps going offline. So, if you're too having a scarcity of technical knowledge, then donít screw yourself up! Just frequently make a reference to us via dialing our provided helpline number. As there are numbers of qualified and intelligent technicians working all day all night only to support you.
    If you're employing a printer that has been manufactured by the Brother brand, then you're accessing the right printer for your work. because it is that the user-friendly device that each one the purchasers can hassle-freely do the printing job or extra desired work. But one common question why is My Brother printer keeps going offline is often raised by you because, during the printing document, you'll get suddenly an offline error message on your display screen . to understand the top-to-toe remedy of such a question, you'll need to stay tuned with the dexterous also as deft connoisseurs who must have immense years of experience

Edited by stevenfindley at 18:17:07 16-05-2020
  • THFourteen 16 May 2020 18:48:14 53,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Really need to get back into this
  • neilka 16 May 2020 19:09:36 23,341 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Brother printers?
  • DasBooter 20 May 2020 12:55:41 486 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I resumed my career after a bit of a hiatus. It's all going swimmingly, got 8 good pilots, no fatalities yet and 2 mech bays of decent mediums mainly. Big fan of the Wolverine this time round for their jumpiness, decent heat management and ability to backstab.

I've just picked up an Orion V and a Warhammer. On the latter i swapped out the ppcs for 2 LL's and upped the armour a bit. Not used a Warhammer before, should be decent in close range.

I think I've just started the Heavy Metal quest line (something about rescuing a Kurita hostage from some corporation). It's 2 skull and is a doddle so far.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 20 May 2020 13:55:44 8,685 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DasBooter The Warhammer's an interesting mech - well-armed, but poor heat management and thin armour in its default config. You probably want to use it as a second-line brawler, holding its range out a bit rather than getting in close with mechs with big-hitting close-in weapons like AC20s or SRM6s.

And yes, that'll be the start of the Heavy Metal quest line. It's actually 4 flashpoints of escalating difficulty, requiring you to pass a few in-game weeks between each of them. The first three are fairly modest in difficulty, while the fourth is hellish. But you get the Bull Shark from the third and there's no time-limit on doing the fourth.
  • THFourteen 20 May 2020 15:00:18 53,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I started a new campaign the other day. Despite having loads of other games to play. I forgot how much I love this, and haven't played the 2 latest expansions yet either so bonus.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.