Following GameSeek Kaput?

• YenRug 5 May 2018 14:32:13 4,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Try not to turn this into a whinging/lynching thread about your experiences when dealing with GameSeek, we all know that online stores can cause good and bad experiences, this is a heads-up/evidence gathering exercise.

Anyway, on to the point.

Since sometime on Thursday gameseek.co.uk has been producing this error message:

Our site is currently under maintenance, we apologise for any inconvenience caused
    Members of a Facebook group I'm in have been commenting that orders placed in the last week or two have not been shipped, admittedly, GameSeek are notorious for slow shipping at times, and attempts to contact them via email and phone have gone completely unanswered. Phoning, in particular, is noted as cutting off immediately, suggesting lines may have been disconnected.

It's not just orders, someone who was signed up as a Marketplace seller through them has not been able to contact them either, through their dedicated seller contacts.

So, if you've perchance recently placed an order with them and it's been charged already, you might want to start checking out your chargeback options.
  • killersrquiet 5 May 2018 14:58:34 3,188 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The bullshit they pulled with those cyclonic deals was unbelievable.

Good Riddance if true.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 5 May 2018 15:28:15 8,665 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Weren't they the ones who had Switch preorders up for 200 quid and swore they'd honour them? Did that end up happening?
  • YenRug 5 May 2018 15:55:50 4,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh As far as I am aware, they did honour those deals eventually. Suspect it didn't drive up the regular customer base that they hoped for.

Annoyingly, they've been pretty good for doing boardgames at stupidly low prices, which I've been buying every so often and had been browsing Wednesday night; a while back I was buying a game from another site which said they would pricematch anyone, I used Gameseek to compare against to try to add another game which I'd been looking at, they said that Gameseek were selling below what their cost price was and simply couldn't honour a pricematch.
  • millerlfc 7 May 2018 19:46:27 601 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Their Twitter feed has also been dead since then, which is unusual as it's usually posting regularly throughout each day.
  • Frogofdoom 7 May 2018 19:50:34 13,204 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They are gone by the looks of it, some poor fucker is about 480 down with his pre orders and outstanding orders.
  • brokenkey 7 May 2018 19:57:04 10,234 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    They'll be fine...as long as they didn't pay with PayPal.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.