Following Battlefield 5 Page 9

  • Bichii 8 Sep 2018 00:03:10 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @erasr finally!!! Positivity
  • d_h1234 8 Sep 2018 00:28:29 97 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anytime someone says "This is beta, it'll have more/be better/no bugs in the final game!" sets off a big red flag for me.

    And Dunkirk was a bad film there I said it.
  • mickerty 8 Sep 2018 07:30:27 247 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    These are just two maps on terrain (and battle scenarios) which don't suit vehicles. Pretty sure they have stated there will be a few maps that are vehicle focussed (north Africa?).
  • Thehulkbeast 8 Sep 2018 08:29:30 6 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    My brother just bought this game off one of those buy sell trade apps for a good price. We were actually shocked to see it listed on there already. But it's totally awesome and a recommended buy for anyone interested.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Sep 2018 08:32:40 16,774 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do you by chance have the name of that buy sell app good sir?
  • aaron0288 8 Sep 2018 11:38:28 636 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Bichii why are you so obsessed with people being positive about this? You like it, others donít. Simple as that. This is such a well established franchise now that it doesnít need ďpositivityĒ, it needs criticism where itís due, so they donít get too big for their shoes and get lazy (so to speak. I realise the hard work that goes into these games).

    Iím enjoying it but itís mostly down to the fact itís new and shiny. It has its issues and the gunplay certainly feels as close to COD as itís ever been, certainly with the ttk. Which Iím still unsure about. Going back to BF4, I canít help but think with those mechanics and gameplay features, thisíd be perfect, as I do love the WW2 setting. Do like the addition of squad revives and ammo/medic attrition though.

    Add me to the list who thought Dunkirk was an average WW2 film too.
  • H1ggyLTD 8 Sep 2018 11:42:01 10,650 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So is 4 still well populated?

    Tempted to re-download.
  • aaron0288 8 Sep 2018 11:48:49 636 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @H1ggyLTD Yup, still plenty of well populated servers on PS4. I imagine even more on PC.
  • XtraCheese 8 Sep 2018 12:45:45 110 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    aaron0288 wrote:
    @Bichii why are you so obsessed with people being positive about this? You like it, others donít. Simple as that. This is such a well established franchise now that it doesnít need ďpositivityĒ, it needs criticism where itís due, so they donít get too big for their shoes and get lazy (so to speak. I realise the hard work that goes into these games).

    Iím enjoying it but itís mostly down to the fact itís new and shiny. It has its issues and the gunplay certainly feels as close to COD as itís ever been, certainly with the ttk. Which Iím still unsure about. Going back to BF4, I canít help but think with those mechanics and gameplay features, thisíd be perfect, as I do love the WW2 setting. Do like the addition of squad revives and ammo/medic attrition though.

    Add me to the list who thought Dunkirk was an average
    WW2 film too.
    Itís hilarious isnít it that somebody can be so vulgar as to tell someone to Ďfuck offí just because you donít like something that they do.

    Such a shame we have this level of pea brain decorum on the forum.

    Edited by XtraCheese at 12:46:06 08-09-2018
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Sep 2018 13:19:10 8,437 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    XtraCheese wrote:
    aaron0288 wrote:
    @Bichii why are you so obsessed with people being positive about this? You like it, others donít. Simple as that. This is such a well established franchise now that it doesnít need ďpositivityĒ, it needs criticism where itís due, so they donít get too big for their shoes and get lazy (so to speak. I realise the hard work that goes into these games).

    Iím enjoying it but itís mostly down to the fact itís new and shiny. It has its issues and the gunplay certainly feels as close to COD as itís ever been, certainly with the ttk. Which Iím still unsure about. Going back to BF4, I canít help but think with those mechanics and gameplay features, thisíd be perfect, as I do love the WW2 setting. Do like the addition of squad revives and ammo/medic attrition though.

    Add me to the list who thought Dunkirk was an average
    WW2 film too.
    Itís hilarious isnít it that somebody can be so vulgar as to tell someone to Ďfuck offí just because you donít like something that they do.

    Such a shame we have this level of pea brain decorum on the forum.
    Weren't you originally banned for racism or homophobia or something?
  • Deleted user 8 September 2018 13:34:59
    @challenge_hanukkah

    Yep and that was after he was trolling Xbox owners like a 12 year old child. Let's not even start on his boxing knowledge.
  • Duffking 8 Sep 2018 14:40:30 15,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Played about 2 minutes and then it crashed but it seemed pretty decent. Removal of 3D spotting already makes it a million times better.

    On the other hand the weapon upgrading system looks like a massive pile of fucking garbage.

    Edited by Duffking at 14:40:53 08-09-2018
  • Technoishmatt 9 Sep 2018 04:23:08 2,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played two games. Quite enjoyed it! they do make things gorgeous. Disnt miss spotting.

    Scout was my favourite.
  • Bichii 9 Sep 2018 09:32:10 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @aaron0288 criticism is good. Dick heads like cheese just talking shit though. Big difference. I've got plenty of bfv negatives.
  • HairyArse 9 Sep 2018 10:57:59 1,152 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any news on the BR mode for this yet?
  • JamboWayOh 9 Sep 2018 11:05:49 9,931 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I read its being made by Criterion, 64 players in 4
    man squads, full plethora of vehicles and a literal ring of fire keeping you moving.
  • Technoishmatt 9 Sep 2018 13:16:24 2,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, I really liked the Rotterdam map, but didnt quite get the Norway thing. Just felt I wasnt achieving very much, despite having a pretty good K/D ratio and playing the objective.
  • Duffking 9 Sep 2018 14:10:48 15,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's modern BF through and through though. Capturing flags just feels progressively less meaningful ever since the third game due to all the changes made to spawning etc.
  • mickerty 9 Sep 2018 14:53:59 247 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Duffking yeah that's true - I didn't realize it until pointed out. That's maybe why there's a PTFO problem with the series?

    I tend to hold back and support players going for flags with ammo / health / cover fire than capping myself.

    I really, really like the scout class - the binoculars are basically the spotting feature and works really well.

    Not enough bolt action rifles for the period though - wish bolt action wasn't only relegated to scout class. I do appreciate the turner SMLE in the assualt class but won't come close to unlocking in the time frame for the beta.

    I'm liking it a lot.
  • Duffking 9 Sep 2018 15:31:46 15,906 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think the root of it is that BF3 brought the changes made to squad spawning from the BC games into the main series. Prior to BF3 you could only squad spawn on the squad leader. In the BC games you could spawn on any squad member, which meant that large maps could still feel busy with comparatively small player counts.

    Bringing that system into 64 player matches made everything much, much faster, especially in BF3's tiny maps that were trying to juggle both 64 and 24 player games. Since then we've also gained the ability so spawn directly into open vehicle slots, spawn beacon in some games... there's a feeling that a lot of the time you can spawn basically anywhere, which makes the maps feel smaller and flags change hands far more frequently. Which makes capturing flags much less meaningful. It's rare you'll see a tight, deadlocked game where both teams hold onto flags for extended periods in any BF since 2142.

    V is feeling a bit better for it, as the removal of 3D spotting means you don't basically have ESP if you have half competent team mates.
  • Lukree 9 Sep 2018 15:31:49 448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    mickerty wrote:
    Not enough bolt action rifles for the period though - wish bolt action wasn't only relegated to scout class.
    This. I want to be a medic with a bolt action rifle, but you are only given SMGs. :| At least you can pick weapons off the passed ones.
  • binky Moderator 9 Sep 2018 17:59:41 10,916 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    But where are all the vehicles?
  • AgentDaleCooper 9 Sep 2018 20:16:49 1,316 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I prefer a strong focus on infantry gameplay anyway, I think that's probably one of the reasons I think BF1 is excellent.
  • Lukree 9 Sep 2018 22:11:13 448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Twice a spawning bug today, killed my mood for playing. First, just couldn't pick a spot where to spawn and the second, only gave a number 9 on any spawn spot, without ever spawning. After that, I got logged out of Origin and couldn't log back in. :|
  • Innit 9 Sep 2018 22:44:29 237 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I really like the gunplay of BF5 but there's something off about the whole experience, but I can't pinpoint what it is. No 3D spotting, no more grenade spam, more skill focused - these are all great things but I'm struggling to enjoy it.

    Maybe it's franchise fatigue.

    Edited by Innit at 22:53:11 09-09-2018
  • binky Moderator 10 Sep 2018 08:14:41 10,916 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think Iíve bedded in with it now.
    TTK definitely feels more like CoD, and the 2 maps shown definitely feel a bit smaller than the big maps I normally enjoy, but itís still battlefield.

    I do want to see more vehicles at any given time though, but at least thatís something they can tweak if enough people feel the same.
  • dvn269 10 Sep 2018 08:40:36 2 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    For the people who like it. The deluxe edition is currently on sale for Ä54 for the Xbox one. Normal price is Ä90

    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/battlefield-v-5-deluxe-edition-xbox-one-beta

    Edited by dvn269 at 08:40:52 10-09-2018
  • Bichii 10 Sep 2018 09:00:11 798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @binky yeah definitely more vehicles! Even if it's just some fast transport ones with a machine gun.

    I have come straight from bf1 and haven't noticed the ttk but then again I noticed everyone else has so it's just me :). Saying that my k/d ratio and s about double that of bf1 so maybe short ttk is good for me :)
  • binky Moderator 10 Sep 2018 11:03:09 10,916 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Bichii Iím wondering if itís something as simple as having gotten used to bolt action rifles making TTK seem vastly different.

    Perhaps BF4 to BFV is a better comparison.
  • BillMurray 10 Sep 2018 11:23:42 9,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wish I wasn't to wank with bolt action rifles. I can only seem to hold my own when I'm spraying the assualt rifle.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.