Following Battlefield 5 Page 20

• Vortex808 30 Nov 2018 12:48:15 12,884 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    Loving this generally.

On the bugs front - had a game last night that just wouldn't end - Needed ot plant explosives, but the explosive were not where the icon said. after 10 minutes of the time and tickets reading 0 had ot just quit out :(
    I had that happen quite a few times in the early EA access thing, but not so much latterly. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted out soon enough.

Although, admittedly, I have mostly been playing conquest of late, I should nip back through the other mode again over the weekend.
  • chessboxer 30 Nov 2018 14:58:20 319 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's annoying when the explosives spawn under the map and there's no way to get them.
  • Frogofdoom 30 Nov 2018 15:29:21 10,948 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Should hopefully be fixed In the patch next week.
  • muddyyfunster 30 Nov 2018 17:17:11 62 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PatrickEwing wrote:
    I got pretty darned good at BF1 for a plus 35 year old in the end but whatver style of play I had in that clearly doesnít work on this
    I shared your pain for the first 10hrs or so. After being fairly decent at BF1, it was a shock to suddenly be annihilated round after round. However I'm now generally finishing in top 20 by score and averaging a K/D of 1.2 so whilst I'm far from 'elite' I'm doing well enough to enjoy things.

FWIW I can share what worked for me:
    - find some low recoil guns and fit x3 scopes. I recommend M1A1, Gewehr 43 (Assault) and KE7 (Support). This massively reduced my own Leslie Neilson tendencies.
    - Avoid medic SMGs (high recoil and useless mid-range) and Recon guns (slow firing and you need to consistently land headshots for one hit kills) for now.
    - the scoring system has completely changed and rewards sticking with your squad more. In particular, you don't seem to score as high as BF1 for cap'ing flags, so the old tactic or sprinting around point to point in a circle isn't beneficial anymore.
    - Comparatively, kills score much more highly, especially when they count as offensive or defensive near your current objective. Squad support (saviour kills, assists) also seems to score more highly.
    - hold your position more, and try and encourage your squad to defend flags, and build up fortifications. However if they are all bugger off leaving you alone, then you are betting off staying with them than valiantly trying to hold the flag.
    - as per BF1, you can request orders from others and will get command if none are forthcoming which ensures you get the score bonuses.
    - when in command you can then boot any squadmates that aren't contributing and free up spaces in the hope of less selfish randoms.
    - Breakthrough and Grand Operations are generally easier to stay alive in than Conquest as you are much less likely to be isolated/flanked and shot in the back.

Disclaimer: I'm 34 so it could be my catlike under 35 reflexes instead.

Edited by muddyyfunster at 17:22:03 30-11-2018
  • CompetitiveDad 30 Nov 2018 17:46:25 8,106 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If anybody is looking to pick this is up digitally it's currently £39.99 in the PSN sale Christmas deals.

If you buy a £35 PSN code (£30.78) from:-
    https://www.electronicfirst.com/ef-weekly-sale/

and make up the difference you can get in for £35.77.
  • Frogofdoom 30 Nov 2018 17:57:28 10,948 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is no way the ke7 will be the same after the patch next week.

Edit just seen the notes, increased recoil and removal of the recoil buffer trait so will be nowhere near as stable.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 18:17:39 30-11-2018
  • askew 30 Nov 2018 18:42:31 18,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Arse. Its about the only useful weapon I have unlocked as support right now. Otherwise it's the MG34 and shotgunÖ

I stuck the 3x scope on it which makes it pretty good for long range suppression. I find it's already get some decent recoil after a few rounds, and it's pretty shit for close-quarter combat.
  • Frogofdoom 30 Nov 2018 18:46:14 10,948 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lewis Gun is great, give that a go.
  • askew 30 Nov 2018 19:06:06 18,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When i git gud and unlock it!
  • Vortex808 30 Nov 2018 20:30:26 12,884 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lewis gun is great.

I hope they buff medic guns a little. Either they are peashooters, or i *really * suck with them.
  • Frogofdoom 30 Nov 2018 20:40:12 10,948 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They are getting a buff according to the details today
  • askew 30 Nov 2018 21:57:46 18,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh. Itís gone buggy again and after leaving a game of Frontlines I canít join anything else 😑
  • Huggybear 1 Dec 2018 09:46:35 1,525 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Played a few games, and overall I'd say the game has great potential.

Currently the worst thing is the bombers, especially the JU-88. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to allow the bombers to hit the opposing spawn at the start of the round -only spawn at that point- basically killing half the team. The planes should have a delay at the start of the round or something.

Also, they basically ruin Conquest on Twisted Steel. The bridge is the centerpoint of the entire map, but fighting on it is suicide because of the constant bombardment.

Also, WW2 era bombers that can carry 36 round of bombs and control like fighters? They should be far more sluggish, to allow the actual fighter planes to counter them by outmanoeuvring them.

Hardest thing to get used to is the lack of spotting. Playing on base Ps4 and it's really hard to distinguish players on many maps. BF1 had the same issue because of the colour palette, and I'd taught myself to work around it by constantly spamming the spot button.
  • mickerty 1 Dec 2018 09:48:18 279 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @askew yeah I had the feeling unlocking the Bren was a bit of a chore and will now be even worse without the ke7.
  • Vortex808 1 Dec 2018 12:17:43 12,884 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unlocking it doesn't take too long. Chuck ammo, cap points. Done.

Bren is ok too, but i don't like the mg36 much at all. Mostly due to favouring more running with a lmg, since you usually bump into enemies rather than having to set up the bipod every time.
  • shamblemonkee 1 Dec 2018 12:25:06 17,945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Bren is by far my favourite support gun, so versatile
  • mickerty 2 Dec 2018 17:05:14 279 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @shamblemonkee had a few spawns with the bren until I had to stop. It's quite good isn't it?

Last night was all about the Turner SMLE. I can't decide between this and the Geweher which I prefer. I also notice the more you use one gun the more assignments it will give you and these are most of the time fun little challenges.

I think conquest is my current favourite mode. Slower than frontlines and breakthrough but gives you a bit more freedom in controlling the ebb and flow of battle between flags.
  • Derblington 3 Dec 2018 14:08:32 31,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
  • askew 3 Dec 2018 14:35:04 18,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yay, tanks!
  • ChiefGB 3 Dec 2018 15:01:22 9,772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Patch notes anywhere?
  • mangojoe 3 Dec 2018 15:05:00 2,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Liking this but does feel extremely unfinished
  • askew 3 Dec 2018 17:17:32 18,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Top tip about the Bren. Starting to grow into the game, and find my groove (AKA, contribute through killing the enemy, not just throwing medkits/ammo around)

Just had an awesome bug where I hit start to quit between rounds, only, I didn'tÖ so hit B to dismiss the confirmation dialogue, to which it booted me back to the menu as though I had confirmed the action.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Dec 2018 17:27:16 10,908 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I seem to have to quit twice to get out of a game.
  • XtraCheese 3 Dec 2018 19:10:31 116 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    So I heard hardly anyone bought this ?

Thank fuck for that. Dice needed this wake up call for shafting hardcore BF fans with their casual cheap cannon fodder shovel ware they keep churning out in recent years.

The only way Iím spending money on a dice product now is if itís a bad company 2 or bf3 remaster
  • mangojoe 3 Dec 2018 19:24:26 2,153 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    XtraCheese wrote:

Thank fuck for that. Dice needed this wake up call for shafting hardcore BF fans with their casual cheap cannon fodder shovel ware they keep churning out in recent years.

The only way Iím spending money on a dice product now is if itís a bad company 2 or bf3 remaster
    Or if Fury in hot pants was a DLC
  • askew 3 Dec 2018 22:05:44 18,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Airborne on Narvik is pretty impressive with the flak and the death and the northern lights.
  • christourlord 4 Dec 2018 08:16:32 2,673 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yay itís patch day! Oh, wait :(
  • Huggybear 4 Dec 2018 09:31:07 1,525 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    XtraCheese wrote:

Hardly anyone bought physical copies. Which is not surprising because of the (stupid) staggered launch which allowed digital copies to be played much earlier.

That said, your whining is a bit odd, since this looks like the least casual BF game in a very long time. Certainly less casual than Bf1, 4, 3 or BC2, because of the limited ammo, no passive health regeneration, no grenade spam, no mortars and no spotting.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Dec 2018 09:34:21 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's Cheese. When does he not moan about stuff like a 30 something incel.
  • christourlord 4 Dec 2018 10:51:51 2,673 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Predictable Battlefield launch issues aside, this game is great. Every match I've played for the last few days has come down to a really tight push & pull, with each squad able to make a real difference to the outcome if they worked together.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.