Following Battlefield 5 Page 23

• Bichii 12 Dec 2018 09:02:10 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @CompetitiveDad go into setting and change things then :). You can tweak almost all your hud elements.

Yeah I like the ttk but ttd often feels wrong like you instantly die in your game and can't reacted where the other players screen had them hitting you several times before you die.
  • ChiefGB 12 Dec 2018 10:19:20 9,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find it disorientating when you are revived and have a split second toget your bearings on which direction you are facing and where you were shot from. Just to get mown down again.
  • askew 12 Dec 2018 10:34:11 18,229 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aye. Or when you spawn on a squad-mate and then get killed together :D
  • Huggybear 12 Dec 2018 13:25:10 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Some of the long range guns can certainly use a small nerf, but I'm kind of worried what'll actually happen is the other guns -especially SMGs- will get hit harder.

G 43 is quite broken. The range at which you can score quick kills with it is just extreme. It seems better than any of the actual Recon weapons at sniping. Plus, 3x Scopes on Assault weapons don't have scope glint.
  • mickerty 12 Dec 2018 16:30:52 306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Huggybear yep on the geweher. It's my go to weapon for assault for this reason. To me, it's perfect, to those I kill? Mwahahaa.

The recon smle is playing a bit better since patch? Might just be me. Got a wee streak on Hammas last night for first time with it.
  • Bichii 12 Dec 2018 17:56:54 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @mickerty did that reload upgrade on gew and it's now a beast!
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Dec 2018 22:50:21 11,236 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Update has screwed the sound?
  • mickerty 12 Dec 2018 23:57:06 306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How can ttk and ttd be different? I don't understand the uproar about it....
  • ChiefGB 13 Dec 2018 00:16:40 9,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Donít you sometimes find you have to plug 5 bullets into someone yet you feel like you go down in two? I think thatís what they are getting at, sharpening up the net code so you get a better feel of when you are in trouble before itís too late.
  • mickerty 13 Dec 2018 07:00:04 306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah, so the gap is the net code so dice increase "time to die" to compensate a perceived difference between ttk and ttd?

I'm still struggling to see how changing one doesn't change the other :(

If last week I got a kill with 3 hits, is it now say 4 or 5?
  • ChiefGB 13 Dec 2018 07:21:24 9,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Turns out that yes, they have nerfed body and distance shots a bit. Yes of course ttk and Ttd will effect each other but I think they are also looking to improve the feedback you get from the game to smooth the perception. Possibly, idk itís just my take on what they are getting at.

Edited by ChiefGB at 07:40:33 13-12-2018
  • shamblemonkee 13 Dec 2018 16:12:38 17,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's exactly that TDD is shorter than TTK. These of course lead to an unfair feeling. Apparently is netcode related and these changes are a bit of a band-aid.

With headshots remaining unchanged I actually quite like the changes. just need to solve the TTD issue.
  • mickerty 13 Dec 2018 17:15:35 306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A new challenger approaches. Someone call in the V2 Moderator rocket please.
  • Bichii 13 Dec 2018 19:40:48 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ?
  • Huggybear 14 Dec 2018 08:25:28 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I don't actually mind the new TTK, although I guess it somewhat wrecks weapon balance. I personally seemed to do much better last night in terms of K/D ratio, using the Sten (which is now supposed to suck), Lewis Gun (ditto) and G 43. Also, it looks like they're not done balancing yet, so we'll see. It's just a bit stupid to do the balancing on the Live servers, and without telling people about the changes in-game. They have that splash screen about events, why not use that to inform people about balance changes of this magnitude?

Anyhow, the sad part is that the change didn't actually fix the TTD. First thing that happened to me post-patch was getting killed from 100+ meters instantly... with an MP40 which is supposed to be, what, 7-8 bullets at that range. Saw muzzle flashes, heard bullets whizzing past me, ran for cover less that was less than two yards away, dead with only one hit registering on my screen.

Edited by Huggybear at 08:27:01 14-12-2018
  • Bichii 14 Dec 2018 08:50:56 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah it's basically shit. You still instantly die but now it just takes longer to kill. I'd say the biggest affected guns are the semi auto assault guns, the slightly slower firing ones that now need an extra bullet or two which means often you can't now kill two with one mag. Just a shit change no one wanted. Dice said about shit players dying fast, well the shit players will now not be able to kill as much either.
  • Vortex808 16 Dec 2018 23:18:07 12,946 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sigh. This Tides of War malarkey is glitchy as fuck.

Squad got two jb2/v1 kills, no tracking. I get Squad Leader a bit later, and we do it again, still not tracking. It is the last one on my list and is definitely selected.

I had some issues with last week's one not working too, but this one is tougher since you need a decent squad.

I love the game, but this glitchy assignment stuff is getting a bit tiresome. :-(

Edited by Vortex808 at 23:20:08 16-12-2018
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2018 07:17:08 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Why even bother with assignments? It's mostly pointless fluff. It's just another one of these shite modern game things to try and give a player something to chase to keep them busy.
  • askew 17 Dec 2018 08:25:20 18,229 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iím still having issues with the squad chat box appearing sporadicallyÖ never shows at the start; will occasionally be forced into rendering if I hit the pause menu 🤔
  • mickerty 17 Dec 2018 09:47:02 306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bichii I quite like them - I'm determined to get the mastery on the geweher for the "mint" receiver - they get really tricky the further you go.

They aren't just "kill 40 people" but could do with more imagination for sure.

Meant to say that the tide of war assignments are a bit basic though :(

Edited by mickerty at 09:47:40 17-12-2018
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2018 09:51:03 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    No idea why people chase these things. Just play the game
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2018 10:21:08 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Conquest core is THE goto mode now. Everyone actually plays their squad role!!! It's amazing.
  • SambaApe 17 Dec 2018 10:59:41 1,274 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Huggybear 17 Dec 2018 12:07:40 1,540 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Think I need to swap back to Core as well. Normal Conquest is pretty bad atm.

Can't remember the last time I won a game when joining through Quickmatch because it always puts you on the losing side and there's no rebalancing and you can't switch sides, people run around in groups like lemmings and the amount of people camping off the objectives seemingly just to pad their K/D is so high.

That, or just stop playing until they fix the game. So many bugs. Can't complete the Tides of War this week because the last thing -"Look Up!"- is broken. Completed it at least twice but it didn't register.

Think I really should have gone with my initial feeling and waited for the usual 6 months it takes them to get to game working.

It's so much fun when it works, but this is still really an Early Access game.

PS. I'd also just like to know what the heck is going on at DICE. They don't seem to have any kind of coherent plan or control of the situation. Things like the Deluxe Edition bonuses seem like they were -and are- handled by an intern first day on the job. Public Relations handling is awful. Etc.

Edit:

Iím still having issues with the squad chat box appearing sporadicallyÖ never shows at the start; will occasionally be forced into rendering if I hit the pause menu
    My chat box has been missing completely and permanently since the last big patch. Also, about two thirds of the time the Commo Rose doesn't work, ditto for the Reinforcement wheel.

Edited by Huggybear at 12:11:16 17-12-2018
  • H1ggyLTD 17 Dec 2018 12:30:29 11,236 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I use the assignment to decide what/who to play.
  • ChiefGB 17 Dec 2018 13:27:12 9,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok so yeah, theyíve fucked it.
    Time to kill is now pants and time to die is no different as presumably the former has just unbalanced the latter and made it worse on balance just increasing the frustration levels, well done boys, well done.
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2018 13:30:49 895 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah so the balance is now more off. Recon tossers are now buffed, medics are even worse and the semi auto assault rifles are now worse.

Just play core (although not all ideal as every player is level 50 so generally harder).
  • ChiefGB 17 Dec 2018 13:51:27 9,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah commorose stuff is deffo glitchy as well,

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.