Following Battlefield 5 Page 27

• JamboWayOh 19 Jan 2019 15:33:38 13,628 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Fuck this shit. Kill SEVEN enemies with explosives in one round to complete assualt mastery. I killed nine and it even fucking said on the stat screen. Me 1st fucking nine kills. Did it complete it????? No. Fucking no. Showed maybe 3 kills now resets. Fuck you derbs this is on you!!!!

Edit next game I got ten. Nope didn't work. Fucking fucks.

Nice. Game after that 14 kills.

Plus the new kill cam is putting my pad at risk, I don't fucking want some gash zoomed in camera when I die!!! Let me bleed out or call for help you pricks.

Edited by Bichii at 14:34:58 19-01-2019
    Nice normal healthy reaction there.
  • mickerty 19 Jan 2019 15:51:04 345 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bichii I had the exact same thing. Was running about like a phsyco with the dynamite and it only registered 3 kills on the assignment (assualt mastery?)

In other news I'm going to try and upload some gifs later - some very weird ankle excersices for dead players that I thought were quite funny.

Got an absolute belter of multi kill with drilling on squad conquest on Rotterdam. A few players were sniping me from a wee room off the main Street. I returned fire with drillings rifle but couldn't take them down. Did a quick flank around the entire map and ran in giving both barrels to take down two. Then one more on the floor by melee - that animation was frigging awesome. My soldier booted the proned guy in the face then dropped to the floor for a stab in the back. So satisfying as they were just being camping bastards and had not moved one inch in the time it took me to run round. My try hard moment - made Mrs Mickerty chuckle so I felt like a pr0 ;)

Edited by mickerty at 15:51:50 19-01-2019
  • Bichii 19 Jan 2019 17:05:26 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Love messing with campers. Had a squad of snipers way off to the side on arras breakthrough. Got in the light tank and proceeded to keep running them over until they gave up using their spawn beacon.
  • Bichii 20 Jan 2019 14:09:44 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Loving this almost as much as 4 now. :). Although when it's going badly I get more frustrated than any other game. Makes me feel the need for a release after playing.

Stats don't track properly either. I've been checking them a lot over the last dozen or so hours and it's completely broken. Apparently I've got 17 throwing knife kills but I've got 2 tops. And other stats are way lower than what they are. The timer isn't going up correctly either. Bit of a mess and it definitely more buggy for me post patch.
  • Bichii 21 Jan 2019 10:02:17 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The desert map is every pricks dream. Hate it. Plus there are so many prick camping support players since patch.
  • Huggybear 21 Jan 2019 12:11:07 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The problem with Hamada and Aerodrome is having three classes with weapons that are accurate at long ranges and / or have bipods and can equip 3x scopes. Couple that with the obsession with k/d ratios and of course you're going to have problems with people camping the edges of the map.

Panzerstorm doesn't have that problem, probably because there are so many vehicles you don't really want to camp behind a wall in the middle of a field, and you can't efficiently kill people from the edge of the map (except on C).
  • Bichii 21 Jan 2019 12:21:31 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Huggybear Panzer storm doesn't have that problem because for the most part there is actually cover between points. The desert one often has no cover.
  • binky Moderator 21 Jan 2019 15:43:03 10,958 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Really like Squad Conquest. Very addictive mode!
  • Bichii 21 Jan 2019 16:23:47 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not tried it yet. Not sure I'm interested in it though as I much prefer the carnage of 64 players and lots of vehicles.
  • CompetitiveDad 21 Jan 2019 17:28:27 8,155 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Me too. 3 maps is a bit shit though.
  • mickerty 21 Jan 2019 22:01:49 345 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad even worse is that it is only a temporary game mode. Words fail me why this (and later rush) will only be available for a short amount of time.

Give the people what they want!
  • Bichii 21 Jan 2019 22:03:54 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mickerty dice have said if they are really popular they might keep them. Too many game modes is a bad idea.
  • ChiefGB 21 Jan 2019 22:07:12 10,845 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    64 players or gtfo. 😬
  • askew 21 Jan 2019 22:47:56 19,307 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Have they introduce the parachute mode full-time yet?
  • QBX 21 Jan 2019 23:47:14 49 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How are people finding squad conquest?

I'm another who has enjoyed it but in the few games I've played recently the opposing team has barely scratched our tickets. I can't tell if this is down to our aggressive play or their poor teamwork.

Also it seems easy to get spawn trapped in Rotterdam and Arras making any form of comeback impossible.
  • Carlo 21 Jan 2019 23:58:00 20,564 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Yeah same. Such a ruthless game type. It's moved my k/d upwards as it's requires a lot more strategic and deliberate play.

They've got BF V absolutely right I think... Except tracking assignments. That's utterly shocking considering it's what keeps bringing players back and is a huge part of the game itself.

Buy yeah, this is just a wonderful version in the series.

Edited by Carlo at 02:48:27 22-01-2019
  • Carlo 21 Jan 2019 23:59:17 20,564 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    @mickerty dice have said if they are really popular they might keep them. Too many game modes is a bad idea.
    Not enough maps in rotation will mean it'll get pretty stale I imagine.
  • Bichii 22 Jan 2019 00:06:42 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've now max ranked 7 of the 9 assualt guns :).

Think I've got 900 minutes total combined for medic, support and recon and then something like 2500 minutes as assualt.

Edited by Bichii at 00:08:42 22-01-2019
  • binky Moderator 22 Jan 2019 07:59:55 10,958 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Normally Iíd agree and only play large conquest, but Iím loving Squad Conquest. I donít like inorganic assignments in Tides of War though. 6 revives as a medic without dying is a bit bloody tough, and it distracts you from playing the objective - which you absolutely all have to be doing when thereís only 8 of you.
  • Huggybear 23 Jan 2019 07:30:22 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Normally Iíd agree and only play large conquest, but Iím loving Squad Conquest. I donít like inorganic assignments in Tides of War though. 6 revives as a medic without dying is a bit bloody tough, and it distracts you from playing the objective - which you absolutely all have to be doing when thereís only 8 of you.
    That's an optional assignment though. It's also very easy to do while playing the Objective on a map like Devastation on normal Conquest.

I'm just happy the ToW stuff tracks correctly now. Normal Assignments also seem to track, it's just that some of them are incorrectly worded: at least one of the "get X kills with Y in one round" I have is not actually "in one round", it's "in one life".

Fortunately there's usually an easier-but-slower way of completing them. Overall, I like the BF5 assignments a lot more than the BF1 stuff where you had to "Get 10 headshot kills with a crappy pistol to unlock this SMG".

What this game needs now:

1. Better Netcode (people with high ping should be the ones to suffer, not benefit)
    2. More maps
    3. More / better cosmetics (BF1 had wonderful weapon cosmetics, practically everything in this game is disappointing or ugly).
    4. Rented Servers or some way of having a Map Playlist, so can choose which maps to play without constantly having to quit and rejoin to avoid the ones you hate.

Edited by Huggybear at 07:36:55 23-01-2019
  • Bichii 24 Jan 2019 15:06:20 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just played four cq games in a row. Narvik, Rotterdam, arras and devastation. Happy to report that medic is viable now. I got between 2.0-3.0 every round which I never would have got pre patch. Using the mp28 with the hipfire skill tree used. First time ever I got MVP as well. Got top three loads but always just beaten by someone. :)
  • Bichii 24 Jan 2019 19:21:36 1,809 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think conquest would be better if every map had one less flag. Even though there are 64 players it often feels too spread out.
  • Huggybear 25 Jan 2019 11:10:13 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I think conquest would be better if every map had one less flag. Even though there are 64 players it often feels too spread out.
    An even number of flags wouldn't work. You'd just have the teams hold two each and snipe each other in the hopes of winning the ticket battle.

And anyway the number of flags is not why it feels that way. I certainly never feel like there's not enough action on Devastation. It's only an issue on maps like Hamada which are large yet don't have enough vehicles to get around quickly (Panzerstorm has lots of vehicles at flags).
  • binky Moderator 25 Jan 2019 11:19:22 10,958 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    It's definitely the vehicles that's the problem. It's a carry over from BF1 - they simply need to deploy more 2/3 seater vehicles, I find it mad that they don't. The vehicle fun has always been a massive part of the Battlefield DNA, it's a shame that DICE seem to forgotten this.
  • JamboWayOh 25 Jan 2019 11:22:53 13,628 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    True, this coupled with the ridiculous amount of people just camping resulting in some very boring games has killed my interest in this game. Don't get me started on the imbalance in classes.
  • Huggybear 25 Jan 2019 11:25:54 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They could just add some motorcycles to all the larger maps. Sure, you'd see a return of the "Sticky dynamite on a bike, hop off, detonate" tactic, but I honestly don't think that would be a problem, since you can't actually one-shot a tank like that anymore.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.