Following Battlefield 5 Page 29

Next Last
  • ChiefGB 3 Feb 2019 11:07:51 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    No way, it's not great but it's soooooo much better than fjell? That is the meat grinder, fucking awful.
    Actually that too is pretty poor isnít that the one with the bridge of doom?
  • Bichii 3 Feb 2019 11:25:49 1,015 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That was 3. In 4 it was operation locker.

Chief it's the snow one on the mountain top.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Feb 2019 11:34:50 11,500 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't play 3. There was defo an underground map in 4. Might have been Locker. Was a grenade fest.

The mountain seemed fun at first, but now it all just bunches up around that low pass.

Edited by H1ggyLTD at 11:35:03 03-02-2019
  • Bichii 3 Feb 2019 11:49:29 1,015 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They might have re done metro in 4? Never got the add ons.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2019 12:02:41 11,157 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was Locker, shotguns and grenades everywhere.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Feb 2019 12:10:41 11,500 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was Metro, just looked it up. Was part of the Second Assault DLC for 4.
  • Bichii 3 Feb 2019 12:14:30 1,015 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ahhhhh cool so they did re release it
  • mickerty 3 Feb 2019 19:16:08 314 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They did release metro pm both 3 and 4. 4 had a bunch of maps from 3 which were all pretty good; Caspian border and gulf of Oman were my faves from that dlc.

Hamada isn't well liked here from previous posts but I just can't see how any of the others come close. It's just totally epic. You will get sniped but that's part of the fun in BF anyway - using smoke and constantly revivng squad mates eventually works.

Granted, the first break through zone as attackers is a bit lopsided, maybe Germany shouldn't have air support or the British need extra tanks or something to break the deadlock.

Don't like Rotterdam much and very much dislike devestation.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Feb 2019 19:18:48 11,500 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like Hamada.

It feels like war at times.
  • mickerty 4 Feb 2019 07:46:53 314 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is anyone else narrowly missing out on completing tides of war challenges? We got to the last one for the MAS last week but just couldn't get a squad or squad leader long enough to call in supply drops. Felt like a cheap last challenge.

We have also started the assignment to win a grand operations in every map - 75,000 TOW xp but holy hell it's very frustrating. Random map selection and at the mercy of other players.
  • Vortex808 4 Feb 2019 11:29:53 13,017 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Request orders to get squad leader if you have an inactive one, or form another squad and then call them in once it gets populated. I ended up having to do that to get it done.

Some Squad leaders are eejits- in Squad conquest, there's no point keeping points for v1's, you're unlikely to get enough in the time FFS!
  • andy10 4 Feb 2019 23:52:48 310 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Form your own squad and call in the supply drops yourself. They're pretty cheap so it's achievable even if the rest of your squad remains empty.

Squads really are hit and miss, still. The majority of my experience seems to be:

- Squadmate starts requesting order before the round has started and the objective markers have even appeared
    - Same squadmate spams 'Request order' every five seconds in a passive-aggressive fashion
    - Said squadmate eventually gets promoted to leader due to inactivity
    - As new leader they don't bother calling out any objectives

Either that, or I'm with three recons who immediately scatter to different corners of the map (or hole up in the spawn point) and don't contribute anything useful.

When you get a decent squad and it all comes together it's fantastic, though. I think I've developed a new enthusiasm for Breakthrough mode as it's good for encouraging some tight teamwork.
  • chessboxer 5 Feb 2019 13:58:47 324 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I play Breakthrough much more that Conquest. In fact apart from Squad Conquest (which can be awesome but needs more maps), I haven't joined a Conquest playlist this year. Breakthrough and sometimes Frontlines is where I have found the most fun in BF5 so far.
  • Bichii 5 Feb 2019 21:26:05 1,015 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah breakthrough is my goto,most of the cq in this is too stretched out and quiet.
  • FussyDuck 5 Feb 2019 22:25:35 52 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    I've nay touched Breakthrough, what's it about?
  • Bichii 5 Feb 2019 22:46:06 1,015 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FussyDuck attacking and defending team. Two flags generally. If the attacking team hold both flags at the same time the front lines more to the next area of the map. Defending team can retake flags back so long as they haven't lost both. It's not always two flags. It's brilliant and much more dramatic then conquest.
  • PatrickEwing 5 Feb 2019 23:46:19 2,392 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Agreed, as theyíve cocked up grand operations and Iíve never quite understood appeal of conquest on any game, breakthrough is where itís at for me.
  • FussyDuck 6 Feb 2019 17:49:30 52 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    @Bichii Ah, okay I have played it as a round in Grand Operations, fun stuff.

Hate spawning on a random squad of snipers that don't attack the objective, sheesh.
  • andy10 16 Feb 2019 18:14:58 310 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm finding this week's final Tides of War challenge a tough one.

20 kills in a ground vehicle would be time-consuming enough for me, but to do so while attacking an enemy objective is even tougher to engineer. Especially now everyone's squabbling over ever free seat in team vehicles and spamming "Get out" when they don't want you there.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.