Following Battlefield 5 Page 32

• Bichii 1 Dec 2019 00:55:22 2,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh it's not often that many kills, was just a good day. Yeah I have also just started getting back into all the old maps. All of those maps you listed are excellent.
  • QBX 8 Dec 2019 12:48:23 118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So the new patch dropped the other day which changed the TTK and added the new spotting system.

I really liked the old spotting system and think the new one is going to make the smaller game modes like frontlines and rush unplayable if just not very fun. I played a round of frontlines and thought I just had an icon over my head all the time so swapped to conquest.

I'm torn on the TTK. From what I've played between assault and medic the changes aren't as bad and not really had any issues with getting kills in close quarters. But I feel like I'm playing BF1 all over again especially since everyone zerging about the map is more obvious now.

Overall it just feels messy.

Edited by QBX at 12:58:51 08-12-2019
  • dsmx 8 Dec 2019 22:57:50 8,494 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I only just picked up the game last week because it was cheap and by far my most hated thing is just how many bullets from an auto gun it takes to down someone.

I shouldn't be going through an entire magazine to down 1 person and yet that is what happening, unless I switch to a bolt action or one of the recon semi auto rifles then they down everyone in 1-2 shots.

It's like going back to battlefield 2 with most of the default weapons; the auto guns merely irritate people, they don't kill people.

At the moment I'm beginning to think I will have to use the recon semi auto rifles because they actual kill rather than annoy my targets. Which is a shame because I prefer playing support or assault but the guns I have unlocked for them at the moment merely annoy what I shoot at.

But there is a good game in there but....I still don't like the map design. The maps feel like they were designed solely for troops to fight on but it's a battlefield game so there need to be vehicles and as such the terrain is by and large completely unsuitable for vehicles to traverse.

I understand why they made that choice in map design but I find it hard to shake the feeling that I'm playing COD with some tanks and planes thrown in to justify calling it battlefield.

Edited by dsmx at 23:03:45 08-12-2019
  • Duffking 9 Dec 2019 00:04:12 16,439 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BF's maps have be consistently awful in every game since 3 (included). They don't really have a clue any more, and it's worse that the worst maps in the series are consistently the most popular since 3 as well.
  • Bichii 9 Dec 2019 00:23:30 2,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Eh? 4 had plenty of quality maps and v has some amazing maps.

Iwo Jima is sooooo good, pretty much the perfect bf map. Twisted steel, Narvik, panzerstorm, arras to name a few. I'm probably forgetting some.

BF4 Siege of Shanghai, Paracel Storm ,Zavod 311 , Golmud Railway.

Bf3!! Caspian border, operation firestorm, davamad peak, Oman, kharg island were all amazing and I'm definitely missing some.

Edited by Bichii at 00:29:44 09-12-2019
  • TheMilkman 9 Dec 2019 11:06:56 599 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ttk changes are annoying. There were times pre patch when i'd get a really good flank behind a group of 4 or 5 people and I could take them all out with my sten + pistol. Now though you're lucky to get 3 before you either have to leg it or die, and of course you are also spotted now.

I dont get what they want to do with this game. It punishes you for playing tactically (auto spot).

It's still a really good game dont get me wrong. Just really bizarre changes.

Edited by TheMilkman at 11:08:31 09-12-2019
  • TheMilkman 9 Dec 2019 11:06:58 599 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • JamboWayOh 9 Dec 2019 11:11:34 16,597 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bichii wrote:

Iwo Jima is sooooo good, pretty much the perfect bf map. Twisted steel, Narvik, panzerstorm, arras to name a few.
    Right errr yeah. Maybe lay off the paint fumes a bit?
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Dec 2019 12:42:29 894 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I'm with Bichii.
  • MrAGSystems 9 Dec 2019 12:50:13 389 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Everyone needs to go play Titanfall 2 instead.
  • chessboxer 9 Dec 2019 20:13:13 350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jesus fucking Christ! 6 out of the last 8 games have ended with a couldn't fetch a report error. This is in the Frontlines playlist.
  • HarryB 9 Dec 2019 20:16:22 7,501 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Is single player worth 10?
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Dec 2019 20:17:27 894 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    No.
  • HarryB 9 Dec 2019 21:07:59 7,501 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Affirmative
  • QBX 9 Dec 2019 21:47:35 118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TheMilkman The general feeling is that it's a business move to appease the new players that will come in over Christmas and make it seem they are dying less. In doing so they've managed fuck over the community that has stood by the game the last year.

I don't know why Dice just don't make a hardcore game mode that reverts the TTK changes/removes the spotting and hope it's enough to get them through this shitstorm.
  • TheMilkman 10 Dec 2019 11:00:37 599 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do get some of the changes to be honest. When I think about it I could use smgs in every situation previously, whereas now they're basically for infantry maps. Promotes a bit more variety i guess, and as you say that in theory will take experienced players out of their comfort zone and give new players a chance.

They shouldn't do this part way through a games cycle though. They should do this for the next game. The way they are currently handling it makes people feel like they are lab rats rather than a community.

What they've done essentially though with the weapon balance changes is hugely buff recon, seeing as none of their stuff was touched. What does that mean? Everyone goes recon so there are spotting flares constantly up.
  • dsmx 11 Dec 2019 12:47:21 8,494 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It does seem a bit daft that recon semi-auto rifles are a 2 hit kill basically anywhere but any other rifle in any other class....well fuck you.
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2019 21:19:24 2,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why the fuck is every dick now power sliding around the map!?
  • johnnyrocketfingers 20 Dec 2019 13:53:55 200 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    It is cool.
  • QBX 20 Dec 2019 17:13:38 118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Since the big patch dropped the game has now become unplayable for me on Xbox. Not only do I get big lag spikes and booted from servers but when I do play I'm stuck with the most useless squads who have absolutely zero game awareness. Well played Dice.

But fuck those guys power sliding everywhere man.
  • Fleurrose 20 Dec 2019 17:19:52 4 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Exciting!

Gameplay reveal next week!

I am guessing modern day setting? A good sp campaign and back to the excellence of BF4 instead of the slightly disappointing bf1.
    Eh? BF1 was much better than BF4, it was actually pretty fucking stable upon release compared to the shitshow that was BF4 being early access in all but name. Also most if not all report that sources have all confirmed it's WW2. I don't mind this, does it have to be modern day setting with an endless amount of foregrips and scopes for a gun?
  • Bichii 20 Dec 2019 17:22:59 2,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah bf1 was more stable but overall it's proper shite Vs BF4..I'd rather play a crashing 4 over 1 any day. Bf1 was mostly sniper hell, vehicles were dull, most of the guns dull, most of the maps sniper heaven..
  • Fleurrose 20 Dec 2019 17:24:22 4 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    chessboxer wrote:
    I like that they have added the ability to take ammo from nearby support players. This was one of the best things that BF: Hardline did.

audacity
    I don't know if this is just limited to ammo replenishment or if grenades/explosives are included. Hopefully I'll get to play some more over the weekend.
    origin
    Plenty of opportunities for flanking and getting at the enemy. Looks really good as well.
    temp mail

Edited by Fleurrose at 09:43:42 23-12-2019
  • its-H1ggyLTD 20 Dec 2019 17:33:29 894 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    4>5>1
  • JamboWayOh 20 Dec 2019 19:36:28 16,597 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fleurrose wrote:
    chessboxer wrote:
    I like that they have added the ability to take ammo from nearby support players. This was one of the best things that BF: Hardline did.

I don't know if this is just limited to ammo replenishment or if grenades/explosives are included. Hopefully I'll get to play some more over the weekend.
    Plenty of opportunities for flanking and getting at the enemy. Looks really good as well.
    This is a bot by the way. Its just copying posts.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 19:36:44 20-12-2019
  • Bichii 27 Dec 2019 09:25:51 2,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Played lots yesterday to check out the new ttk. The guns I used meant I didn't really notice too much difference except there seemed to be less camping support players so I'm a fan of the patch!!!

Had an epic game on Iwo Jima being aggressive scout with model 8 rifle. Finished 49-17 ish, that gun is beast mode at medium range but not great at normal recon ranges. That one match made me go from rank 1-5 on the gun so I unlocked all the upgrades after the 1st in half an hour. :).

I swear this is the least I've ever been in vehicles, dunno why it just seems to almost never be tanks available.
  • chessboxer 30 Dec 2019 01:42:33 350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't believe I still need to go back to the main menu to change assignments and obtain unlocked weapons.
  • QBX 12 Jan 2020 10:35:28 118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Type 2A or not Type 2A?

That is how you break game balance.

/ponders
  • Anthony_UK 14 Jan 2020 21:51:38 2,974 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Such a love hate relationship with this game, didn't play it first time round but absolutely loving the Outpost game mode. Seems to focus all the games features in a way that makes them work. From building defences to the new TTK, with each class playing a defined role rather than as someone else said, everyone running around with SMG's.

Then they release the 2A, which is basically an insta kill and ruin it. Extra annoying as I didn't have enough spare time to even unlock the thing myself! So (unless I'm missing something) I'm stuck getting insta killed off something that fires faster than the MG42 that I can't even use myself.

Edited by Anthony_UK at 21:52:05 14-01-2020
  • Bichii 14 Jan 2020 21:53:46 2,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can you unlock the god gun using your unlocks money?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.