Following Battlefield 5 Page 33

  • QBX 15 Jan 2020 00:16:57 165 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can use company coin but I think you need to wait for the next ToW before it becomes available.

    Edited by QBX at 00:21:01 15-01-2020
  • chessboxer 15 Jan 2020 14:45:22 371 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You usually have to wait 2 weeks before a gun becomes available to buy.

    The Type 2A SMG is ok but you can always go Assault class with a Breda M1935 and its burst fire, that will usually beat it (as long as you aim and don't fire from the hip).
  • QBX 15 Jan 2020 16:26:15 165 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Outpost really has been a breath of fresh air.

    In between the rampant steamrolling there's been a couple of tight games with only a few points difference and I can't quite remember the last time I enjoyed myself so much. I really think it should replace squad contest as the permanent mode.

    Personal highlight has been driving about in the troops carriers acting as a mobile spawn point and just being a massive dick.
  • Anthony_UK 15 Jan 2020 18:44:07 3,003 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Also love in Outpost that you can only spawn at your home base and squad. Rather than be frustrating, I find it creates a natural frontline as people throw a little more caution to the wind and even set up defences.

    A basic troop carrier as you say can turn the tide of the battle just through being able to deploy squads quickly. Really switches up the whole feel of the game for me for the better.
  • binky Moderator 3 Feb 2020 10:59:08 11,032 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Turned to BF4 this weekend. Itís a lot more instantly gratifying than V.

    How are you guys getting on with the latest updates?
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2020 11:17:30 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do wonder how the shit show that is bfv will effect the perception of the brand. I mean Bf1 which I love but its not for everyone was very polished out of the gate compared to bf4 which turned out great in the end and bfv has been massively inconsistent since day 1 in content, gameplay, balancing and quality. It's a shame as I love the franchise but this game has never felt consistently fun and has been missing that sandbox gameplay that is synonymous with bf.
  • binky Moderator 3 Feb 2020 11:23:39 11,032 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    BFV has always felt like hard work, which isnít how a fun game should feel. Even when Iím getting beat at BF4, at least thereís enough bonkers action going on around you to make it still feel like a laugh.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2020 11:28:54 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Exactly, it just feels like they overreacted constantly to community criticisms, and then went overboard. I mean who thought starting with reduced ammo was a good idea and as well as the halfway house to 3d spotting because general visibility is poor and the whole prone meta.
  • binky Moderator 3 Feb 2020 12:03:08 11,032 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Iím sure I remember liking the beta and getting excited for V.
  • Bichii 3 Feb 2020 12:46:03 3,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    V is mostly excellent and vastly better than the mostly shite sniper and infantry focused 1.....well shite for a battlefield game but still better than nearly all other shooters.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2020 12:46:53 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    V is mostly excellent and vastly better than the mostly shite sniper and infantry focused 1.....well shite for a battlefield game but still better than nearly all other shooters.
    Errr...
  • chessboxer 3 Feb 2020 13:53:00 371 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BF1 had issues at launch. It got better but the gunplay (the feel of the weapons) is the worst in any Battlefield game I have played (including the old browser titles Heroes and Play4Free) however, sniping was ok for the most part.

    One thing I did appreciate in BF1 is that by the time they added weapon assignments, they were instantly available as the were associated with the weapon. Every time you selected that weapon, you could work toward completing the assigments to unlock a new weapon. I'm pretty sure that the new weapon was instantly available once unlocked.

    In BFV, you can only select assignments from the main menu. Once you have completed your selected assignment (maximum of 4 assignments and a maximum of 2 assignments for one weapon), you have to leave the server, navigate to the main menu and unlock the reward from the armory and select new assigments from the list. These two functions should be available from the menu in game.

    Whilst BF4 became awesome after many updates, sniping was shit, at least compared to BF1 and BFV.
  • QBX 3 Feb 2020 14:51:21 165 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I mean who thought starting with reduced ammo was a good idea and as well as the halfway house to 3d spotting because general visibility is poor and the whole prone meta.
    Me, though I seem to be in the minority.

    The hardcore elements such as the attrition system, spotting/visibility, focus on gunplay and high TTK all gave BF5 it's identity and was why I loved it. It wasn't another glorified CoD with everyone mindlessly running around and promoted caution and teamwork.

    Over the course of time though that's all gone and what it's become.

    Which is a shame because as an Xbox player there is a market for a hardcore shooter which DICE could have provided had they not caved. With Insurgency supposedly coming to consoles that will eat away another chunk of the playerbase.

    Edited by QBX at 15:02:18 03-02-2020
  • Derblington 3 Feb 2020 15:18:19 33,148 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • JamboWayOh 3 Feb 2020 15:27:15 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    QBX wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I mean who thought starting with reduced ammo was a good idea and as well as the halfway house to 3d spotting because general visibility is poor and the whole prone meta.
    Me, though I seem to be in the minority.

    The hardcore elements such as the attrition system, spotting/visibility, focus on gunplay and high TTK all gave BF5 it's identity and was why I loved it. It wasn't another glorified CoD with everyone mindlessly running around and promoted caution and teamwork.

    Over the course of time though that's all gone and what it's become.

    Which is a shame because as an Xbox player there is a market for a hardcore shooter which DICE could have provided had they not caved. With Insurgency supposedly coming to consoles that will eat away another chunk of the playerbase.
    I don't think I saw many people using caution and teamwork, just a lot of people running around or lying prone on their backs nowhere near an objective. That wasn't and isn't fun.
  • ComradePete 3 Feb 2020 15:48:39 618 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I play on and off, mainly as I like the setting. As ever with Battlefield in can seesaw wildly between fantastic and mediocre depending on map/squad mates etc...

    My biggest gripe would be some of the decisions made - eg why do such a wide ranging change to gameplay (ttk, weapon balance, attrition) a year after launch? Why keep implementing & removing game modes? (front lines especially, also meaning players can't get achievements/trophies linked to that mode, grand operations, no firestorm updates... )
  • QBX 4 Feb 2020 12:11:45 165 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    My biggest gripe would be some of the decisions made - eg why do such a wide ranging change to gameplay (ttk, weapon balance, attrition) a year after launch? Why keep implementing & removing game modes? (front lines especially, also meaning players can't get achievements/trophies linked to that mode, grand operations, no firestorm updates... )
    It depends on who you believe:

    DICE who're trying to find the perfect weapon balance to stop everyone using the STG .44 or the community who think the order came from EA to appeal to the Xmas casuals. It should be remembered they pulled the same stunt at the end of 2018 but reverted because of the backlash.

    The game modes stuff is a side effect of the live service and to keep players coming back for more because DICE are dragging their heels when it comes to content. By the looks of it there's one map which is to do us until April. Anything else I would blame on a simple lack of care and attention.

    I don't know if it would work but anyone who's needing the achievement could get lucky and find a community game until they bring the mode back.
  • binky Moderator 4 Feb 2020 14:07:26 11,032 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Solomon Island map is now live (despite it saying Friday?)
  • Bichii 4 Feb 2020 14:45:26 3,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    QBX wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I mean who thought starting with reduced ammo was a good idea and as well as the halfway house to 3d spotting because general visibility is poor and the whole prone meta.
    Me, though I seem to be in the minority.

    The hardcore elements such as the attrition system, spotting/visibility, focus on gunplay and high TTK all gave BF5 it's identity and was why I loved it. It wasn't another glorified CoD with everyone mindlessly running around and promoted caution and teamwork.

    Over the course of time though that's all gone and what it's become.

    Which is a shame because as an Xbox player there is a market for a hardcore shooter which DICE could have provided had they not caved. With Insurgency supposedly coming to consoles that will eat away another chunk of the playerbase.
    I don't think I saw many people using caution and teamwork, just a lot of people running around or lying prone on their backs nowhere near an objective. That wasn't and isn't fun.
    Reduced ammo etc was a great idea. It started off way more HC and has slowly been nerfed to more arcade like.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2020 14:50:00 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think Bf has ever been hardcore, it's always been somewhat arcadey to an extent. For me the best it's ever been was BC2 but that's just me and that was in no way hardcore.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2020 16:16:53 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    What is hardcore?

    PUBG?
    I class hardcore as no hit confirmation, kill confirmed on sight, no spotting, no mini map, no health regen. Essentially either Escape From Tarkov or ARMA. Bf has been neither of those things it's always been an arcadey experience.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2020 16:23:42 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have a look on twitch or YouTube, despite being over 2 years old Escape from Tarkov has blown up in popularity. I don't know the current state of the ARMA community.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2020 16:27:42 19,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Think that jackfraggs felly does the odd video of it.
    Yeah I subscribe to Jackfrags and he plays it on and off. Shroud plays it often too. It does seem extremely brutal for first timers.
  • binky Moderator 13 Feb 2020 23:29:39 11,032 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    So Iíve stuck with V since posting the other week, and have been playing along with the new chapters. Iím definitely getting more enjoyment out of it by sticking with it. It pays to not play anything else for a bit, doesnít it.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.