Next Last
  • mangojoe 6 Jul 2018 21:39:21 1,875 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where is it on the psn store?
  • Derblington 6 Jul 2018 21:45:35 30,906 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's just the regular game, search for it if you can't find it - it has a 'Try free demo' option next to the regular 'buy' button.
  • mangojoe 6 Jul 2018 21:49:11 1,875 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah ok thanks. The word demo confused me as I thought that was always the case
  • Not-a-reviewer 6 Jul 2018 22:10:11 5,137 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tried it and it's not bad but after 3 races it already felt like I'd seen most of the game.
  • ModoX 7 Jul 2018 07:31:30 3,306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's definitely worth sticking with for a while, as much of the depth only unfolds over time.
  • Derblington 7 Jul 2018 09:47:01 30,906 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Played 2 offline games and 1 online. Won everything.

It's fun enough to drive and bash other cars but it just feels really pointless. There's little in the way of feedback on whether you're winning or losing from moment to moment, or even "racing/driving" well for your team, other than staring at the UI bar at the top of the screen. You just drive and do stuff, and the other players are doing the same, and you all crash and things, and then its over and you get score.

I won't be upgrading. It's a bold choice for a driving game but I'd be surprised if it does particularly well over time. Might be wrong though.
  • Derblington 8 Jul 2018 12:37:02 30,906 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's easy and enjoyable to play, and quite 'moreish'. I fancy playing a bit quite often.
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Jul 2018 08:52:36 5,808 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Downloaded the Xbox trial and did an hour.

Oh itís good.....itís really good. I actually regret not picking this up earlier! Itís just 100% unashamed arcade action which prioritises fun over everything else......such a good game.

I have one question though - Iíve jumped straight into MP (none of that SP/training bollocks) and every other person playing (on my team and opponents) have basic names : Giles, Fred, Hayley, etc. Iím assuming theyíre bots??

If they are thatís good in a way because itís still VERY competitive....but bad because it means no ones playing this :(
  • StrayBezza 11 Jul 2018 09:56:34 1,102 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave Its definitely more populated on PS4. Also its £23.99 on amazon.
  • OllyJ 11 Jul 2018 11:47:33 4,119 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Downloaded the Xbox trial and did an hour.

Oh itís good.....itís really good. I actually regret not picking this up earlier! Itís just 100% unashamed arcade action which prioritises fun over everything else......such a good game.

I have one question though - Iíve jumped straight into MP (none of that SP/training bollocks) and every other person playing (on my team and opponents) have basic names : Giles, Fred, Hayley, etc. Iím assuming theyíre bots??

If they are thatís good in a way because itís still VERY competitive....but bad because it means no ones playing this :(
    Don't completely sack off the SP content, it's fun going for the challenges and will improve your MP game no end.
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Jul 2018 11:57:06 5,808 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @StrayBezza

Just caved and got it for PS4, canít really say no for that price.

Codemasters need to give this game a bigger push : more free weekends, more demos, more marketing. Having a bad launch doesnít mean as much these days as it used to, games like Rainbow Six Siege and Project Cars didnít have great week 1 sales but theyíre still going strong.
  • ModoX 11 Jul 2018 14:41:25 3,306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah they cover this well with the bots too. I worry about longevity though, I don't think there's been any mention of the ranked mode yet?
  • Derblington 11 Jul 2018 18:20:08 30,906 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    R6: Siege got a bit of an overhaul. Itís not the same thing as an extra marketing push.

You need to put some effort in if you want to turn around an initial slump.
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Jul 2018 19:22:57 5,808 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    True....and I have no doubt Codies will support this going forward. They have Ranked play coming up which should give it a boost, if theyíve got any sense theyíll go after Twitch streamers and pro gamers with the hope that it catches on.

Thereís a hell of a lot of potential here, hopefully it gets more numbers over the coming weeks/months.
  • BadMonkey 12 Jul 2018 20:33:59 234 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    anybody else playing this? You totally should be, it really is very good. However the game currently won't connect to servers, so no online and no progression! Anyone having the same problem? on ps4 over here
  • DaftFunker 13 Jul 2018 18:33:43 52 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BadMonkey wrote:
    anybody else playing this? You totally should be, it really is very good. However the game currently won't connect to servers, so no online and no progression! Anyone having the same problem? on ps4 over here
    This. I started playing yesterday and the game has well and truly "clicked", but the servers seems strangely unreliable for a game that has been out for a while....?
  • CalamityJames 13 Jul 2018 19:47:25 207 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Are the servers down right now? The game just starts with the "offline only" message at the start, it doesn't even seem to look for a connection. All seemed fine when I last played a few days ago, and afaik nothing has changed at my end.
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Jul 2018 19:52:21 5,808 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PSN is completely borked, has been since last night - rumours on twitter of another hack but nothing confirmed yet.
  • CalamityJames 13 Jul 2018 19:58:01 207 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh right. Glad I only use pre-paid credit with my PSN accounts nowadays. Cheers for the info.
  • BadMonkey 13 Jul 2018 21:08:56 234 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh that would explain an awful lot. That said I have tweeted the official onrush account asking about connection issues (did this last night actually), but heard nothing back. It's almost like they don't want us to play this awesome game!
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.