State of Decay 2 Page 5

• Darth_Flibble 25 May 2018 19:11:03 3,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    On my 1st attempt, they stuck me in an area with fuck all resources and 1 car that glitched in mid air after hitting a zombie and the cell tower objective is ages away on foot

2nd try, different areas, lots of resources apart from guns, 1 shitty rifle and one survivor carrying got set upon a pack of plague zombies, went down swinging but died. Took out the plague heart nearby and healed up the infected.

I want a story not endless Loot, kill repeat but I think this one has less of a story than the 1st game
  • Frogofdoom 25 May 2018 19:19:00 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is definitely side missions for some of the people in your settlement that have stories for them. Not sure how deep they go as I haven't played enough yet.
  • ZuluHero 26 May 2018 01:32:56 6,683 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had a really tense evening tonight, a lesson in being over confident. Took my only fuelled vehicle out on a supply run, went from house to house targeting buildings where I knew I'd find the resources I wanted. Filled my boot up. Started getting a few infestations near my homebase. Cleared one out, but thought I'd try another, as I pulled up I noticed them all pouring out of the house, with 3 screamers among them, so tried to use my car to take them all out. I managed to kill most of them, but somehow got the car stuck on the porch of the house, and couldn't move it, no matter how hard I tried. Then it was dark. Looked at my map and saw a car nearby, so tried to get it ASAP, passing a couple of plague zombies on the way. Got the car, managed to find my way back to the stuck vehicle, then moved all my rucksacks over to the new car before a very hairy drive home.

Thankfully made it back, though got chased by a feral (never seen one before?). Will try not to push it so much next time. :)
  • Darth_Flibble 26 May 2018 12:41:07 3,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think the lack of a real story might kill the game for me, thanks for the info about side stories for the people in my base. The problem I have is they tend to be whiny cunts, "yes I know there is a lack of food and no meds I was getting materials to build infirmary while they sit there doing nothing"
  • Ror 26 May 2018 12:54:28 17,702 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a zombie siege at my base last night. I blame my mate when we were preparing to take out the plague heart - he had some kind of audio bug where he could only hear the soundtrack. No sound effects, no dialogue, nothing else.

So he was just running about my base swinging his melee weapon. Then he leaves the game and my bloody community gets attacked :D Sod. I'll have to go in and fuck up his game!
  • Frogofdoom 26 May 2018 13:45:11 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Almost lost my best guy whilst helping an enclave set up their distillery. Got sent to the other side of the map with her and it got dark along the way. When we arrived there was an infestation with a plague heart in the building next door, my weapon broke pretty fast and I only had 10 pistol bullets on me. Luckily I managed to get back to my car and run over the remainder of the zombies before getting fully plagued or killed but it was so close. I arrived back just as my settlement got attacked as well which was a bit dicey as although I was healed I was right on the edge of having blood plague.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 13:46:27 26-05-2018
  • FWB 26 May 2018 14:00:06 55,101 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So are we enjoying this?
  • Ror 26 May 2018 14:01:22 17,702 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep. Though I never played the first, so it's all fresh for me.
  • Grump 26 May 2018 15:17:50 1,203 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @FWB Yes - very much so. It is my most played game since getting a One X last weekend.

I did really enjoy the first game however and this improves on it in all aspects - though very marginally in some cases.
  • Frogofdoom 26 May 2018 15:26:45 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's definitely rough round the edges and it caused my Xbox to instantly shut itself down earlier. There is definitely quite a lot of fun to be had though.
  • FWB 26 May 2018 15:36:37 55,101 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Grump Cool. I really liked the first one. Just thought it was a bit easy.

Oh MP doesn't have split screen, does it?

Edited by FWB at 15:37:23 26-05-2018
  • Frogofdoom 26 May 2018 16:38:05 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No split screen. Struggles enough with one screen rendered!
  • Darth_Flibble 26 May 2018 17:08:08 3,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Found my first horde, it was just 2 zombies! :lol:

Also went with a survivor to get their meds back and the get them back peacefully as I was walking out the AI wen mental and attacked the other survivor and all the AI characters died, it went to calm to everyone apart from me dead in 10 seconds!
  • ZuluHero 26 May 2018 19:50:37 6,683 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The 'hordes' do seem light, especially compared to the first game. When I first saw one near the house on the map, I was worried, but now I don't pay much attention to them.
  • Frogofdoom 27 May 2018 09:27:09 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know the infestations get worse if you leave them, maybe the hordes do as well.
  • Darth_Flibble 27 May 2018 11:24:47 3,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Starting to see bigger hordes, might be linked to leaving infestations as I do other stuff

Did one side mission where I had to go to talk some gun dealers and they were arsehats and had to kill them
  • Frogofdoom 27 May 2018 11:29:46 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had similar, settlement attacked me the second they saw me, I only had a melee weapon so I drove round their house beeping my horn hoping zombies would kill them. They were a bit well armed for that though so I came back with a rifle and slaughtered them instead.
  • robthehermit 27 May 2018 12:44:04 6,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    8 (I think) days in and hordes are getting proper dangerous. Taking out 15ish zombie infection while another 15 bundle in from somewhere else is proper hairy.
  • mumtoucher 28 May 2018 10:36:35 537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I lost my leader last night, got killed by a juggernaught sat outside my base.

Was absolutely gutted. It felt like a bit of a cheap kill as he was my follower and ran over to fight him and immediately got ripped in two.

I took the fucker down in the end.
  • Frogofdoom 28 May 2018 10:48:00 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just sent one of mine on a suicide run as I was going to exile her anyway. She managed to survive a massive attack and fight a feral off using melee, the screen was red as she had no health at all. I felt bad and thought maybe she should live after all. It was that moment a juggernaut decided to appear and tear her in two, so maybe it was her time after all
  • ZuluHero 28 May 2018 10:56:47 6,683 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Juggernauts are tough, nearly wrote off a car by trying to run one over in the dead (ha!) of night.

Is there some sort of win condition, or is it just see how long you can last against escalating odds?
  • robthehermit 30 May 2018 08:50:18 6,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ZuluHero Mostly it's just survival, but to "win" a map you need to take out all the plague hearts.
  • robthehermit 30 May 2018 08:56:31 6,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My base has come along lovely, I'm producing 3 more food than I need (the excess being mulched into seeds to make sure my farm continues to produce more than I need), +1 on materials (thanks staging area) and I'm neutral on meds and ammo. My base (Mike's Concrete?) has a built in generator and one of my (6) outposts provides base wide water. I actually have no need to leave the base for anything and am entirely self sufficient.
  • ZuluHero 30 May 2018 14:35:21 6,683 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How do you kill a juggernaut?

I have one loitering outside one of my gates that doesn't seem to do anything. I went out to try and kill it with one of my best characters, but she got ripped in two, before the juggernaut just went back to standing by one of my gates.

Now everyone in my colony is depressed because she was really liked :(
  • robthehermit 30 May 2018 14:38:54 6,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ZuluHero Many, many shots to the head, then when it's down run out and execute it with your melee weapon for not one, but two achievements.
  • robthehermit 30 May 2018 14:41:13 6,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I lost someone recently, and after the 30 minute death penalty to moral everyone was actually more cheerful because they all hated him and he carried a -5 moral penalty for everyone in the camp.
  • Apollo 30 May 2018 16:33:04 542 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can't even get past the launch banner. Game seriously broken. PC ver.
  • ZuluHero 31 May 2018 01:51:22 6,683 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've had a terrible night, I took another survivor out on a run, with the hope of making new friends. Met a guy who wanted me to watch his back while he scavenged, but he made so much noise it pulled in 2 hordes and a screamer which summoned more. Broke my melee weapon and my gun, barely making it out alive, using up all my meds and stamina boosts in the process. I abandoned the guy and left him to be eaten as I ran. Limped to a billboard, with the hope of scouting a car. Saw an ambulance, but as I approached a juggernaut saw me. Managed to jump in the vehicle, but in my haste to get away, managed to spin the ambulance over onto its roof. Made a dash into the surrounding fields. Long story short, found another vantage point, saw another car but on my way climbing down I fell off, killing myself in the process. Another colony member RIP.

My colony thinks its hopeless, I'm short on food, meds, fuel, no cars and there is a lot of in-fighting and depression.

Really hope I can salvage this night, I've put in a lot of hours, but I've learned a lot of hard lessons, hopefully I'll be able to rectify this mess tomorrow! :)
  • ModoX 31 May 2018 08:44:51 3,330 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still fairly early on, and am supposed to be going off and killing a nearby plague heart, the first one. However I had one explosive, and didn't realise that pressing 'Use' in the menu literally throws it immediately, so I just threw it at a wall next to the plague heart (is there no way to equip and aim it?). Now I have no explosives or fire stuff that I can see - how do I kill it?
  • Frogofdoom 31 May 2018 09:16:58 10,112 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Assault rifle or shotgun will help, also petrol bombs if you have any.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.