Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lol
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 Nov 2018 09:02:01 8,846 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has it even been out a week?
  • Deleted user 24 November 2018 09:06:13
    I'm glad I didn't preorder at full price. At £20 I'm tempted but I can easily imagine me thinking I've wasted £20 after a few hours.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2018 09:15:04 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Has it even been out a week?
    Yep it's now been a week. It reminds me of the drop that AC:Unity got after getting savaged for its bugs. However in that game's defence it actually looked beautiful and was demanding on hardware for legitimate reasons.
  • Deleted user 24 November 2018 09:17:14
    Bethesda have it discounted on their website. Not by as much as CD Keys, but it tells you something.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2018 09:20:13 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If it doesn't last beyond a year, get the support it needs and has the servers shut off then you're going to see to a revolt from the followers in the Church of Bethesda.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 24 Nov 2018 09:25:05 17,187 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Half price on PSN as well.
  • AddyJB 24 Nov 2018 09:25:38 545 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I actually didn't find the game buggy. Just boring. Exploring was ok for an hour or so but then I was saying "is this it?" It's the kind of game you'd play if you really had fuck all else to play which is never the case for me.
  • Velios 24 Nov 2018 10:32:54 178 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Things need to change at Bethesda after this. They have severely damaged the brand and the name of the studio with this game. Todd Howard has also become a laughing stock too.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Nov 2018 10:47:38 8,442 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I don't get why this is so bad when they've done such a comparatively serviceable job with Elder Scrolls online.
    ESO was not developed by Bethesda specifcally but Zenimax online. Bethesda don't have any experience with online gaming.
    ah, ok. That explains a lot
  • captbirdseye 24 Nov 2018 10:50:55 8,996 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They are one of the last major studios that take risks in terms of what they release. Dishonored and Prey would never have seen the light of day at any other publisher but they've become so lazy in terms of development and relying on their fan base to fix their games.

Bethesda needed a cash cow after a really shitty year in terms of major flops and they probably should've just released at remaster of Fallout 3.

Edited by captbirdseye at 10:51:42 24-11-2018
  • Darth_Flibble 24 Nov 2018 12:17:27 3,216 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    "Remaster" or a cheap uprezed port of fallout 3 would of sold better than 76 and been cheaper than the already low budget and effort 76
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2018 12:48:57 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It would have definitely been an unprezzed port as opposed to anything with attention or care.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 12:49:05 24-11-2018
  • Retroid Moderator 24 Nov 2018 12:55:43 45,463 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My only hope for F76 is the modding community, and that's only if they can build a proper Fallout game in that environment with NPCs & storylines etc.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2018 13:05:17 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    My only hope for F76 is the modding community, and that's only if they can build a proper Fallout game in that environment with NPCs & storylines etc.
    This right here is the main problem, relying on the modding community to spend their free time unpaid to try and salvage a supposedly AAA game that costs 60 quid initially. This shouldn't really be the line of thinking when we talk about professionally made products.
  • mothercruncher 24 Nov 2018 13:46:47 15,554 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The many accolades of Fallout 76:

• Retroid Moderator 24 Nov 2018 14:29:14 45,463 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Retroid wrote:
    This right here is the main problem, relying on the modding community to spend their free time unpaid to try and salvage a supposedly AAA game that costs 60 quid initially. This shouldn't really be the line of thinking when we talk about professionally made products.
    Oh, agreed. But given I lost all interest in F76 when it was announced as Online Only and there are dedicated modders building entirely new Fallout games like New California, well. That's my personal hope for this. What I've seen of the environment looks nice enough, new creatures etc. I'd just like a proper singleplayer game in there.
  • b-rk 24 Nov 2018 14:56:01 687 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    The many accolades of Fallout 76:

GAMES PLAY BEST ON XBOX ONE
  • Deleted user 24 November 2018 20:50:58
    I had a moment of insanity and bought it for £20. I spent about 4 hours playing and it's...strange. Itís exploring and side quests which is often the best thing in RPGs. You leave the vault and can go anywhere.

It's not an attractive game which would have helped encourage you to wander. I didn't see another player when playing. If I'm kind and ignore it's mostly crap design decisions.by Bethesda, this would add to the lonely post apocalyptic feel. There are people out there but you can't get to them easily. They could be nice or they could be arseholes.

Solid 5/10 so far.
  • captain-Snufkin 24 Nov 2018 20:56:53 763 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Did you like fallout 4?
  • JamboWayOh 24 Nov 2018 21:51:34 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JanetSnakehole wrote:
    I had a moment of insanity and bought it for £20. I spent about 4 hours playing and it's...strange. Itís exploring and side quests which is often the best thing in RPGs. You leave the vault and can go anywhere.

It's not an attractive game which would have helped encourage you to wander. I didn't see another player when playing. If I'm kind and ignore it's mostly crap design decisions.by Bethesda, this would add to the lonely post apocalyptic feel. There are people out there but you can't get to them easily. They could be nice or they could be arseholes.

Solid 5/10 so far.
    Isn't the player count extremely low for a map that is 4 times the size of FO4?
  • Deleted user 24 November 2018 22:57:20
    The short answer is there aren't many people for an online game. On the positive side, you're always about 5-10 minutes away from someone. If people wanted to join up it wouldn't take long but I doubt they will want to because everyone is doing their own thing.
  • Dungeonbash 25 Nov 2018 09:47:26 63 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    There is no positive side to this. Bethesda are just con artists who've scammed money out of people with the unwitting collusion of a largely lazy media. Too few journalists and critics were calling this piece of shit out for wht it is. The whole game is an ugly mess that doesn't even deserve a place on the shelves. Yet companies like this get away with it time ang again because they are allowed to. Eurogamer posts a review days after release criticising the game. Where were they during the beta making the same warnings?

But nobody cares, they just end up wasting their money and slagging off other gamers. This whole industry is riddled with this predatory corrupt greed and it's gamers that pay, literally, the price.

No doubt some sad fucker will be along in a minute to spit his chips out by whining that I'm expressing a disfavourable opinion. C'est la vie
  • Frogofdoom 25 Nov 2018 09:49:27 10,948 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No because this is actually shit and your moaning is justified for once.

A stopped clock and all that.
  • H1ggyLTD 25 Nov 2018 10:02:18 10,908 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It sounds that bad, that i kinda want to see for myself.

When it hits GamePass.
  • JamboWayOh 25 Nov 2018 10:40:43 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    There is no positive side to this. Bethesda are just con artists who've scammed money out of people with the unwitting collusion of a largely lazy media. Too few journalists and critics were calling this piece of shit out for wht it is. The whole game is an ugly mess that doesn't even deserve a place on the shelves. Yet companies like this get away with it time ang again because they are allowed to. Eurogamer posts a review days after release criticising the game. Where were they during the beta making the same warnings?

But nobody cares, they just end up wasting their money and slagging off other gamers. This whole industry is riddled with this predatory corrupt greed and it's gamers that pay, literally, the price.

No doubt some sad fucker will be along in a minute to spit his chips out by whining that I'm expressing a disfavourable opinion. C'est la vie
    You really should get someone to remove all that sand from your vagina.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2018 10:47:46
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2018 10:47:48
    Don't mind me. I'm just spending my day shitting up threads. Not that anyone cares.

• JamboWayOh 25 Nov 2018 10:50:41 10,297 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ha what did you delete?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.