Fallout 76 Page 17

• Mola_Ram 30 Nov 2018 22:45:05 18,925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Well what else are you going to use after emerging from a vault into a nuclear wasteland? Your old currency? Pffft.

I can't believe anyone could seriously suggest that Bethesda didn't entirely think this through.
    Yep. I thought about this for what... 7-13 seconds, ok 14 at a stretch, and would propose a barter system where each item has an inherent value that you can trade for other items or services. The values are not known to the player the game will simply grey out items/services you can't afford. While this may sound like a pain in-game (how do you know how much tat do you need to gather?) that's roughly how it would turn out IRL. Maybe add some coercion type (talk/fight/do favours) options to unlock actions/goodies if you don't have enough stuff to trade.
    I remember when Fallout 2 didn't have caps as currency, because the NCR was advanced enough to be able to start printing money. You'd find caps in the game and the text would read "a useless bottlecap, apparently some idiots used this for money, but not any more!"

And then Fallout 3 came out and it was back to caps. Because caps are cool, right? (I guess it was also set in a different part of America, but it still felt a bit dumb for the world in the future to regress back to using stupid caps)
  • mothercruncher 6 Dec 2018 07:55:49 15,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You know how the Fallout 76 engine is held together by twine, contact adhesive and Toddís manliness?

Turns out their customer support system has similar jank.

• captain-Snufkin 6 Dec 2018 10:07:30 763 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    They should just call it a day and sell their franchises. I honestly wouldn't mind that at this point.
  • KnuttinAtoll 6 Dec 2018 22:40:46 6,412 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FO4 is really souring on me again. I mean, the game gets a mysterious 400MB patch on Steam, looking at the news section all I see is Fallout 76 promo article bullshit and no patch notes, and the game runs worse than it did last week.

Load times are also getting worse, to the extent that I'm now surfing EG during load screens and sometimes wonder if the game crashed (it hadn't).

And now I finally notice the input lag. OMG. At times button presses don't register at all, or with a several second delay. This all reminds me of the PS3 version of Skyrim which got slower the bigger the save file became. Dreadful stuff.

And since I'm on Survival mode, and the restrictions are really grating on me now. Played this for 30 odd hours and might just switch back to Normal and rush through the parts of the game I haven't covered in previous playthroughs.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 22:41:24 06-12-2018
  • FredClintstone 7 Dec 2018 08:17:39 105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Has everyone seen the cleansing the wasteland YouTube videos? Including the first bit when he meets the gays and gets a disease cure off them?

Might be the funniest thing I've seen in some time. Also plenty of videos mocking W Y-P's hysterical overreaction article.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Dec 2018 08:26:27 23,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Chaps has anyone played Fallout NV complete edition on xb1 ? I have the game on disc(s) can't work out how I install and access all the dlc from the second disc.
    Thankyouplease.
  • drhcnip 7 Dec 2018 17:03:48 6,131 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

good fuckitall above, sir! you're not finally, after all these years, going to play nv?!
  • Globalmeltdown 7 Dec 2018 17:52:28 703 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 after you put disc one in it should start the download of the update that contains everything, you shouldnít have to bother with the other disc, hope this helps 😀
  • b-rk 7 Dec 2018 18:17:14 687 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Canít install mods on Xbox Fallout 4, just says ďthe operation could not be completedĒ. Fuck you, Todd.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Dec 2018 06:30:48 23,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Globalmeltdown wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 after you put disc one in it should start the download of the update that contains everything, you shouldnít have to bother with the other disc, hope this helps 😀
    Thank you mate.
    @Tony, I'm not admitting to anything ;)
  • ChiefGB 8 Dec 2018 10:50:57 9,773 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Globalmeltdown so Iím assuming the complete edition disc one is different to standard disc then? Surely we donít all get the dlc as well basically?
  • Globalmeltdown 8 Dec 2018 12:18:46 703 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ChiefGB as itís back compatible I think it downloads the version you have on disk 😀
  • JoeBlade 8 Dec 2018 17:29:38 4,288 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    And since I'm on Survival mode, and the restrictions are really grating on me now. Played this for 30 odd hours and might just switch back to Normal and rush through the parts of the game I haven't covered in previous playthroughs.
    Fuck yeah, I absolutely despise survival mode in FO4.

In FO:NV it was a flavour setting more than anything else, so I understand them wanting to ramp it up a bit in FO4.
    Having to sleep to save is just not fun though, esp. when combined with randomly spawning legendary enemies. Luck out and you'll encounter several groups in a row (even in an area where you should otherwise be able to manage fine) and you're suddenly out of consumables/ammo. 'Oh well, I'll just play the last hour all over and hope that doesn't happen again'

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fed to a pack of deathclaws.
  • ChiefGB 8 Dec 2018 19:01:25 9,773 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love the fact that no one has anything to say about 76, in the 76 thread
  • mothercruncher 13 Dec 2018 07:30:11 15,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bethlolster implemented 21:9 support with the latest patch. People had been unofficially getting it by editing the .ini files but it wasnít a good solution because it literally just stretched the picture out, including all of the UI.

Have a guess how Bethesda enables it...

https://youtu.be/mLVaQyD3_Xk
  • mothercruncher 13 Dec 2018 07:31:56 15,554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also, I didnít know it was possible for someone to sound like a human sounding like a text to speech program trying to sound like a human, but there you go.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Dec 2018 07:33:28 8,850 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Part of me admires the balls to put out such broken shit.
  • nickthegun 13 Dec 2018 08:03:51 75,881 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To be fair, we haven't exactly given them any hint of rejecting the other buggy messes they have shat out in the past so you can't exactly blame them for thinking they could do it again.
  • Mrsyms1 13 Dec 2018 08:31:34 67 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I love the fact that no one has anything to say about 76, in the 76 thread
    I think that is because the thread has been hijacked by people who dont like the game and never will.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Dec 2018 08:32:36 8,850 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a bad game and if you like it you're a bad person.
  • Mrsyms1 13 Dec 2018 08:34:11 67 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    And that is exactly why nobody is posting in here...
  • Youthist 13 Dec 2018 08:36:10 13,518 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Only write good things about this game people. Stop pretending itís shit.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Dec 2018 08:38:05 8,850 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Exactly. This wave of completely unfair criticism is keeping away the true fans who know the real truth about this stunning masterpiece.
  • Mrsyms1 13 Dec 2018 08:43:00 67 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Some people like different things and it doesnt have to be a masterpiece to enjoy it
  • JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 08:52:07 10,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you enjoy it write about it. As far as I can tell there isn't a ban on people writing about games they enjoy, even if some people don't agree. Unless you're saying people aren't allowed to criticise things? So which one is it?
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Dec 2018 08:54:55 8,850 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I could understand the ire if you'd come in saying "well I like it" and we'd responded, "you're wrong, you fucking cunt"

But no one did.
  • Mrsyms1 13 Dec 2018 08:57:17 67 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Im saying when all you get is abuse and insults thrown around at you for talking about a game, people tend not to engage

Edited by Mrsyms1 at 08:58:06 13-12-2018
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Dec 2018 08:57:57 8,850 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No one has been abused for liking the game.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 09:03:34 10,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mrsyms1 wrote:
    Im saying when all you get is abuse and insults thrown around at you for talking about a game, people tend not to engage
    I'm struggling to see the abuse and insults directed at people in this thread. If you like the game talk about it, obviously be prepared to defend yourself because we're going to call you a fucking stupid cunt with no sense after you do.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.