Next Last
  • cowell 7 Jan 2019 09:22:09 1,893 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wins a Golden Globe. Oscar anyone?
  • Vortex808 7 Jan 2019 10:22:37 13,181 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really enjoyed it, when I went to see it with our lad. Definitely one of the best superhero flicks I've ever seen and with a lovely art style.

Not sure it'll get an Oscar though.
  • sickpuppysoftware 7 Jan 2019 13:58:47 1,483 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Went with the wife and kids. The kids liked it and I enjoyed the style. However something about the film made my wife incredibly sick so she had to leave about half an hour in. She came back and listened to the rest of the film.

She was convinced we were watching the 3D version even though the cinema only had the 2D version to see. I could see her point as background stuff spilt into two different colours but I'm still not convinced it was a stylistic choice. Nobody else got up.

I'll have to wait for the blu-ray to confirm (unless anyone else had the same thing)
  • beastmaster 7 Jan 2019 14:10:29 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @sickpuppysoftware

It was deliberate. I thought it was excellent the way they did it. Especially highlighted in certain scenes.

Here's an interesting article (if somewhat lengthy) describing the way Sony wanted to break the rules of animation and how they did it from /film

Linky
  • DJCopa 7 Jan 2019 15:57:36 1,925 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I did the same - Looked around to see if anyone was wearing glasses :)

Didn't detract from the film, and didn't notice anything odd after a couple of mins - Brilliant film that we (family) all loved.

Now got the soundtrack on Apple Music blaring out as kids choice when in my car - Good Stuff!
  • brokenkey 7 Jan 2019 16:14:44 10,234 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I liked the colour splurge - for me the more irritating thing was how the frame rate seemed to flex quite a lot.
  • davidgreams 1 Feb 2019 01:11:34 3 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I saw it last night. I can confirm, it is amazing. It is really, really good. It's fucking crazy how good it is. Quite similar to the Lego Movie in tone and pace.

It is also one of the most visually unique movies I have ever seen. people will be ripping off its a style for a while to come.
  • beastmaster 1 Feb 2019 01:14:55 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They're doing a 3D IMAX release of this for a week. I really fancy seeing this on a huge screen.
  • cowell 25 Feb 2019 06:40:48 1,893 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deservedly gets the animation Oscar. Watched it again recently and enjoyed it so much. Itís a great film not just a great animated film
  • Lukree 25 Feb 2019 07:22:14 489 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I loved this very much. So much more style and heart than all the Marvel movies combined.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.