Following Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

First Previous
  • Innit 10 Jun 2018 21:42:43 28 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Looks really interesting, like Tenchu fused with Dark Souls.

Opinions?
  • Vortex808 10 Jun 2018 21:44:59 12,359 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I liked Tenchu.

I like Dark souls.

I hope it's good.
  • Innit 10 Jun 2018 21:54:08 28 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    It's the only game so far I'm remotely interested in at E3 this year.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Jun 2018 21:56:23 22,562 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Innit wrote:
    It's the only game so far I'm remotely interested in at E3 this year.
    This.

Looks cracking.
  • Jyzzy-Z 10 Jun 2018 22:08:49 3,274 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not really into the samurai aesthetic compared to the medievial souls/BB stuff but that's been done to death.

Be good to hear more about the gameplay.
  • Zippity-zap 11 Jun 2018 04:17:24 323 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have a hype rash. That's how excited I am.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jun 2018 06:36:58 2,750 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I liked Tenchu.

I like Dark souls.

I hope it's good.
    This
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jun 2018 07:09:56 22,562 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Early next year on Onesie, PC and PS4.
    Looks awesome, so FROM are working on 2 games in parallel?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Jun 2018 07:36:55 3,550 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Miyazaki has directly stated (back towards the end of last year) that they're working on three. This will be the "unnamed new IP" he mentioned at the time and there have been strong hints that one of the others is a new Armoured Core. So presumably there is a third out there...
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jun 2018 08:27:06 2,750 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    just rewatched the trailer (multiple times) am getting exite
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Jun 2018 08:29:50 39,509 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Great, but I would say Nioh stole a bit of its thunder. A couple of years ago, a Samurai From software game would have excited me a lot more.
  • monkman76 11 Jun 2018 08:33:00 12,832 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was going to say, it looks like Souls and Nioh had a baby. I've never quite got round to buying Nioh because I hear the environments are bland - that's likely where From will do better hopefully.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 11 Jun 2018 08:33:58 14,291 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If be surprised if the combat is as fun as Nioh. Looks good though.
  • wuntyphyve 11 Jun 2018 09:05:40 10,432 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I would agree with Lou. I would be more excited if we hadn't already had Nioh I think. Saying that though it looks great and I'm definitely interested.
  • the_dudefather 11 Jun 2018 09:16:12 10,804 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Occasionally tempted by Nioh, hows the difficulty compared to Souls games? (I've somehow managed to finish all of them despite being terrible at them)
  • GarlVinland 11 Jun 2018 09:25:43 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Great, but I would say Nioh stole a bit of its thunder. A couple of years ago, a Samurai From software game would have excited me a lot more.
    This. Looks amazing but lacks a bit of the excitement Bloodborne had for being brand new. Also, purely based on the trailer, character customization looks limited to non-existent, which is one thing I love about Soulsborne. Will need a bit more info before I'm fully hype.

Still, the door-opening animation gave me a sense of comfort for some reason.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jun 2018 09:26:53 2,750 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    This. Looks amazing but lacks a bit of the excitement Bloodborne had for being brand new. Also, purely based on the trailer, character customization looks limited to non-existent, which is one thing I love about Soulsborne. Will need a bit more info before I'm fully hype.

Still, the door-opening animation gave me a sense of comfort for some reason.
    ??? Not sure how you got that from the trailer
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jun 2018 09:27:07 2,750 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Occasionally tempted by Nioh, hows the difficulty compared to Souls games? (I've somehow managed to finish all of them despite being terrible at them)
    very do-able
  • GarlVinland 11 Jun 2018 09:27:35 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @the_dudefather starts off harder IMO but after getting past that bottleneck it evens out and becomes about the same. The loot system is more flexible and gives you more leeway to become OP.
  • GarlVinland 11 Jun 2018 09:29:23 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 seems like you play as a defined character rather than creating your own. Like I say, might be wrong, will need more info before confirming either way.
  • quadfather 11 Jun 2018 09:31:28 31,674 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    very do-able
    If you like more bosses than any other enemy, that is.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jun 2018 09:32:31 2,750 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Niohs bosses are its strength and its weakness as some of them (3) are too gamey for my liking but the human ones are immense.

The normal level enemies are the same throughout the game just slightly stronger so you get ot a point where no normal enemy is an issue at all.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 09:33:22 11-06-2018
  • Scimarad 11 Jun 2018 09:40:21 9,434 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Based on the trailer I can't say that I find this particularly appealing at all, which is a bit of a surprise. Obviously it might change once I learn a bit more about it.
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Jun 2018 09:45:51 39,509 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    I was going to say, it looks like Souls and Nioh had a baby. I've never quite got round to buying Nioh because I hear the environments are bland - that's likely where From will do better hopefully.
    Some of them are a little "gamey", and they lack the brilliance of From's design, but there's a great variety of environments, and they can be/look very atmospheric.

It's a brilliant, brilliant game.
  • monkman76 11 Jun 2018 09:48:52 12,832 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    monkman76 wrote:
    Some of them are a little "gamey", and they lack the brilliance of From's design, but there's a great variety of environments, and they can be/look very atmospheric.

It's a brilliant, brilliant game.
    I think I'm wary of it because it will be too difficult for me, even though I've completed Souls games (although that was before I was old and exhausted by children).
  • GarlVinland 11 Jun 2018 09:53:01 3,190 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you're ok with summoning you might just need it the once for the second boss, the rest should be manageable. Nothing in the game to compare to Flamelurker or Nameless King.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jun 2018 09:54:54 2,750 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    If you're ok with summoning you might just need it the once for the second boss, the rest should be manageable. Nothing in the game to compare to Flamelurker or Nameless King.
    some of the optional stuff is pretty tough.
  • Rivuzu 11 Jun 2018 10:19:06 17,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's wrong with you people? I've had to change my underwear six times this morning after seeing the trailer.

It looks fantastic. Especially with the ziplining bone arm similar to Tenchu's grapple hook. I'm hoping it's possible to play this full stealth as well.

It's 100% more Tenchu than it is Soulsborne, but I'm ok with that. Including no character customisation, and playing as a character in a specific story.
  • Jyzzy-Z 11 Jun 2018 10:21:54 3,274 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rivuzu Just doesn't do anything for me for some reason. Never been into samurai stuff.

I'm sure it will be incredible though. Miyazaku is pretty much a genius.
  • Rivuzu 11 Jun 2018 10:28:53 17,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Jyzzy-Z Completely fair, some people don't buy into the eastern concept. I (mis)spent a part of my youth learning about the Warring States era (which is when this is set) so it ticks a certain box for me to see another fantasy version of it but done by my favourite developer, directed by my favourite video game director, and linking back to one of my favourite game series that was ever released.

I think one of the points of interest in this though will be the scope and scale. If it's like Soulsborne which is a sort of technical open world, then combine that with the free movement and grapplehook arm and you could be in for a fun time.

If they go down the Tenchu route, you may just see different levels and "stages" instead which is less exciting but still ok.
  • First Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.