Following Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Page 13

• Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:05:33
    No idea who you are. Obviously hit a nerve.

Anyway...

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 14:07:05 14-03-2019
  • Rivuzu 14 Mar 2019 14:06:47 18,110 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    @monkman76 As I said, if you've played all 5 fucking games and are still crap, you're crap.
    I mean, I didn't quite phrase it like that but... yeah. If you aren't adapting to the challenges given to you, why are you continuing? And it's not about "oh you play so many games hur hur hur" it's about your behaviours.

Hardly think that's elitism. I'm not fantastic at the games myself, and often spend a lot of time eating shit from enemies just to learn how to beat them, but that's because I'm in a mind set where I want to learn and adapt and not just push buttons and get ruined.

People hide behind the excuse of difficulty to mask their own inability.
  • Frogofdoom 14 Mar 2019 14:07:05 12,901 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't argue with sensei you disrespectful cunts.
  • UncleLou Moderator 14 Mar 2019 14:08:16 40,158 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:

If you played all 5 of them and you're still struggling then yeah you're shit.
    Christ, of bloody course I am shit! It's a console game. You play it with a controller. I am in my 40ies, I am not "getting gud" at anything anymore.

It's a myth that these games only need "patience and pattern learning", you also need good reactions (and cope with some dubious hitboxes).

But again, saying they are difficult (which they are) is not the same as wanting to play Dynasty Warriors.

Edited by UncleLou at 14:10:11 14-03-2019
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2019 14:08:59 77,486 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is why I don't talk about the difficulty in soulsborne games, as I don't find them particularly hard, but it's hard to put that in a way that doesn't make you sound like a patronising l33t boi.
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2019 14:09:26 14,656 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Don't argue with sensei you disrespectful cunts.
    Which one?
  • JamboWayOh 14 Mar 2019 14:14:35 12,666 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When did Rivuzu become Mr Miyagi?
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:15:27
    UncleLou wrote:
    I am shit!
    See. :)

To be fair I have the same problem with any online game. I really can't be arsed to get good enough to compete and (despite what mongman69 might think) I don't have the time.

Single player games are not too bad though. AI is always predicable and exploitable to an extent if you play them enough.

By enough I mean EVERY WAKING HOUR
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2019 14:17:01 14,656 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Steady on dude, I really did hit a nerve with that comment didn't I. PLAY THE BALL NOT THE MAN!
  • Rivuzu 14 Mar 2019 14:17:51 18,110 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    When did Rivuzu become Mr Miyagi?
    Git Zen.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:25:41
    @monkman76 Last time I give you any help and advice from my elite RE2 skillset.

Looking forward to my next run!
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Mar 2019 14:27:28 1,632 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be fair, if you don't play many games, and you still managed to play all of From's output while not gitting gud at them...

I think you have other problems. Either you don't know what the term "many games" means, or you are really shit at figuring out what games you like - or maybe you just like running around the From equivalent of the first level in your free time over and over - I don't even know.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:28:52
    I wish I'd not asked about iframes now. That's a whole level of nerd I didn't want to know really.
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2019 14:29:33 14,656 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    @monkman76 Last time I give you any help and advice from my elite RE2 skillset.

Looking forward to my next run!
    Who?
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2019 14:29:58 77,486 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    But if you play an action game, you'll know why your dodge worked or not. YOURE FUCKING WELCOME.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 14 Mar 2019 14:30:04 15,263 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    To be fair, if you don't play many games, and you still managed to play all of From's output while not gitting gud at them...

I think you have other problems. Either you don't know what the term "many games" means, or you are really shit at figuring out what games you like - or maybe you just like running around the From equivalent of the first level in your free time over and over - I don't even know.
    There are certain games/genres that I want to like, and have continued to buy in the hope that 'maybe this is the one where it'll click', but are still shit at. I feel like a lot of gamers do this.
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Mar 2019 14:31:16 6,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:

I play alot of games.... I have beaten all of the soulsborne games, I would not say i have got good at them at all.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:32:09
    @mongman69 :)
  • wuntyphyve 14 Mar 2019 14:33:45 12,101 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sekiro then, I think it looks quite good.
  • monkman76 14 Mar 2019 14:33:50 14,656 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    These additional seven years are not going to help my action game reflexes.
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2019 14:34:14 77,486 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The thing with these games is that they are more or less all the same, including the clones so once you're 'gud', you're gud full stop.

So, yeah.... five entire games is a long time to suck.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Mar 2019 14:35:39 1,632 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:

There are certain games/genres that I want to like, and have continued to buy in the hope that 'maybe this is the one where it'll click', but are still shit at. I feel like a lot of gamers do this.
    Okay, that was an option I admittedly missed off my list, but it was covered by the fact I don't even know.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Mar 2019 14:36:13 19,316 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    This is why I don't talk about the difficulty in soulsborne games, as I don't find them particularly hard, but it's hard to put that in a way that doesn't make you sound like a patronising l33t boi.
    I find them more irritating (and a bit shit) than hard. I find myself constantly wanting my guy to move faster(oh yeah).
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Mar 2019 14:36:44 1,632 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:

I play alot of games.... I have beaten all of the soulsborne games, I would not say i have got good at them at all.
    And this one wasn't even my point.
  • wuntyphyve 14 Mar 2019 14:37:43 12,101 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Taking my trousers off for a moment and wading into this particularly boistrous pool, can I point out that they are different enough from each other so as to mean being good at one does not mean being good at another.

I fucking sucked at bloodborne for example and it took me a long time to get the hang of it. The fact I did is because I wanted to discover more of the game, and that is possibly my most motivating factor in these games. Not getting better per se, but devoting more time than I normally would becuase of the content that I will unearth and the game world and lore that I will immerse myself in.

I am not good. Yet I've platted DS1,2,3 and BB. Yet I'm not good. Skill has, to be blunt, fuck all to do with it. Do you like the game enough to spend the time required to progress? I do, others don't and move on after a while. Fair play. Who gives a shit?

Edited by wuntyphyve at 14:38:27 14-03-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Mar 2019 14:39:19 6,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:

And this one wasn't even my point.
    I admit... i didn't bother reading your post.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:47:31
    @wuntyphyve

Likewise. I'm shit at all the soulsborne games but finished them. I could pick one up now and still be shit at it. Takes me ages to find my groove. Gaming time and motivation is somewhat limited these days so takes me longer to 'git gud'
  • JamboWayOh 14 Mar 2019 14:48:27 12,666 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    C'mon. Can we all kiss now? Fwiw I'm absolutely balls at BB.
  • Bichii 14 Mar 2019 14:54:48 1,653 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is balls good or bad?

That's a full page arguing about if it's difficult or not.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2019 14:55:39
    Balls is good. He's absolutely good at it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.