Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Page 131

• MiniSchnauz 12 Apr 2019 22:58:21 27 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Decks I suspect your next post may be full of rage.
  • MiniSchnauz 12 Apr 2019 22:59:48 27 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @splosh Have you explored where you started the game?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Apr 2019 23:01:09 19,022 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ha no I was talking about those of which you speak. Its just such a cunt move you can't help but respect it. I can almost feel Miyazaki rubbing his balls in my face.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Apr 2019 23:04:01 5,443 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Decks Retaliate like for like on that fight. Cheap the fuck out of it. Second-phase fucker-cunt-ape has that slide-along-the-ground move he does. When he does that, you can just jump over him and land three hits before getting the fuck out. Run away from him and the other fucker, bait out that attack and do damage when it lands. Eventually, you'll get the headless ape down, at which point the normal ape should hopefully be cake.
  • MiniSchnauz 12 Apr 2019 23:04:07 27 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    If you haven't killed GA before you get down there then it's just empty and almost as much of a 'fuck you' moment because you just go, 'What the fuck is supposed to be here?!'

Enjoy the next area. It's quite explore-y and fun leading up to the boss.
  • Rodderz 12 Apr 2019 23:09:26 3,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Went back and got the kill of Demon of Hatred. Missed him on my basic playthrough. That wasn't a bad fight. Very Bloodborne.
    Nice one Roguey, he was indeed very Bloodborne-esque. If you go back up the stairs where the guy was who gave the rat mission much earlier in the game, there's an old lady standing near where he was who seemed to have some info on the Sculptor's demise in his past.

For anyone who has completed this and maybe I'm way off the mark, left-field here, but do you think there is the possibility that the Sculptor was Sekiro, at least in some way or form a grizzled, dejected alternative-future (failed?) version of himself? We already know that you can traverse time in this, like when you travel back to Hirata on the night it was attacked by bandits, creating the possibility, at least in theory, of paradoxical outcomes/events. It's odd that both Sekiro and Sculptor have specifically lost their left arms, and therefore both capable of using the prosthetic. Both are in some way 'fallen' Shinobi and both aren't 'normal', as per the Sculptor's suggestion that despite the cough that he develops from too many of Sekiro's own deaths, Dragonrot wouldn't be able to kill him. Finally, if you talk to that old lady after defeating the Demon of Hatred, she says some interesting stuff and makes a stark warning to Sekiro about controlling his future feelings...
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Apr 2019 23:11:38 5,443 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Rodderz I don't think what you've just typed under spoiler tags is so much "a theory" as "blatantly obvious".
  • MiniSchnauz 12 Apr 2019 23:14:08 27 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Rodderz - I'm with @Rogueywon on this, the worst of the three 'good' endings is rather direct about it. It's very similar to the Soulsbornes' pattern of repeating cycles.

Edited by MiniSchnauz at 23:16:31 12-04-2019
  • Rodderz 12 Apr 2019 23:20:36 3,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

wuntyphyve wrote:
    @Rodderz oooo Iíve missed 2 then as I know I canít get the other 2 til ng+. Hmm. All minibosses dead. Must have missed some lying around. Iíll have a hunt.
    Did you find the hidden cave in the Gun Fort? I think that's where I found at least one of the extra ones I have.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Apr 2019 23:22:43 19,022 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got them on the third attempt. Not sure whether it's just because I have their timing down so well but it kind of felt like they were set to easy mode.
  • Rodderz 12 Apr 2019 23:23:02 3,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MiniSchnauz wrote:
    @Rodderz - I'm with @Rogueywon on this, the worst of the three 'good' endings is rather direct about it. It's very similar to the Soulsbornes' pattern of repeating cycles.
    Ah, I haven't actually done an 'ending' yet, I'm still faffing about just enjoying travelling round the world in NG 😁
  • MiniSchnauz 12 Apr 2019 23:24:56 27 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Rodderz My mistake! Sorry!

But yeah, your spoiler is pretty much bang on with what *can* happen.
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 07:18:12 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @robc84 nope. down the middle of the castle where all the blue fucks are. Thereís a room with a big hole in the middle and a walkway. You can grapple as you jump off. Itís the room with an old lady and a blue prick patrolling.
    The bit before Ashina Elite you mean?
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 07:20:24 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Don't listen to these sneaky poisoned blade fucks. Be a student of the blade and parry him.
    Yeah I got him.

Decided I didnít really need to attack and leave myself open. So just waited for the double parry. Rinse repeat until his posture is broken. Lovely jubbly.

That was the 4th bead that I needed too.

Iím guessing this poison blade is in the dungeon? I was advised to leave that area for now.
    Go out the window. Come back to us a man.
    I had to come off as the little one woke up.

I may pop downstairs now seeing as everyone is still asleep just to see what you are talking about...
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Apr 2019 07:20:30 19,022 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Forget about the poison and get out that window.
  • wuntyphyve 13 Apr 2019 07:24:36 11,930 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rodderz got the two Iíd missed! Both bits that Iíd meant to back and explore more but forgotten about!
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 07:26:58 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As i typed it the little Ďun woke up. So it will have to wait until later :(
  • Rodderz 13 Apr 2019 08:45:08 3,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @robc84

robc84 wrote:
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @robc84 nope. down the middle of the castle where all the blue fucks are. Thereís a room with a big hole in the middle and a walkway. You can grapple as you jump off. Itís the room with an old lady and a blue prick patrolling.
    The bit before Ashina Elite you mean?
    rob, warp to Ashina Castle - Antechamber Idol. Then go up the stairs, through a room with one blue Samurai guy and then you'll be in the next big area where there are patrolling Samurai. You can drop down through the floor in here and grapple to a large wooden beam. From the beam you can see the bottom castle chamber now with a group of enemies. Lock-on to an enemy and move the target lock around so you can drop attack the Samurai guy first, as the others are easier enemies. Once you've done that, there was a door they were guarding - go through and there is a treasure chest with Sabimaru poison prosthetic. If you go out through another door to the right from this room there's access to another area and Idol to warp to plus another area beyond this location! Across the other side of the chamber from where you got the Sabimaru there's also a big door to open that was at the top of those main castle stairs where you killed the general, to open up another quick route.
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 09:44:50 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rodderz

Thanks man, iíll take a look later.

I also need to go back to the hirata estate. I got kind of lost on my way back after meeting father and ended up back at the idol before the first shortcut. I assume I have to go back to the bamboo pathway idol and work my way back up. That area was a PITA though. Maybe I can run through though.
  • wuntyphyve 13 Apr 2019 10:20:49 11,930 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84 hmmm. No. If you e been up that way thereís no way to go back again except for the three tiered pagoda. Thereís another way you need to go. I canít quite think of the exact directions off the top of my head but involves going left before thebamboo slope area.
  • wuntyphyve 13 Apr 2019 10:22:38 11,930 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    P.s. you want to go to that three tiered pagoda - you can see it from the bamboo slope if you look up ahead..
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 10:59:06 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok iím a bit confused. So the three tiered pagoda is not where I should be headed?

I got to the the bit with all the fire and left that area down some cliffs. Got a bit lost then ended up back near the start.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Apr 2019 11:11:16 19,022 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just go out the window, turn right and grapple up to the roof.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Apr 2019 11:12:16 19,022 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh wait hadn't read the other stuff.
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 11:30:18 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iíll go out the window first Decks.
  • MiniSchnauz 13 Apr 2019 11:42:58 27 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @robc84 Apart from the Pagoda I'd suggest you drop in to the river at the bridge just before where you fought the spear miniboss and look up to the wall on the left for a grapple point. That's where you come back to after seeing Owl.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Apr 2019 12:30:59 5,956 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    MiniSchnauz wrote:
    Ah, I haven't actually done an 'ending' yet, I'm still faffing about just enjoying travelling round the world in NG 😁
    Except it isnít because the sculpter has a defined backstory and a very definite end - he is the demon of hatred, his arm was removed to stop him from changing, which is why the demon only has one physical arm
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 22:10:31 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Just go out the window, turn right and grapple up to the roof.
    Didnít really have time to play tonight, but managed 10 minutes to see what you were talking about.

So finally met Genny. First impressions are that it is doable, but may take some time. Lasted quite a while and managed to whittle his health down a bit. Doesnít actually hit as hard as ashina elite.

Will give it a proper go tomorrow.
  • robc84 13 Apr 2019 22:12:05 13,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MiniSchnauz wrote:
    @robc84 Apart from the Pagoda I'd suggest you drop in to the river at the bridge just before where you fought the spear miniboss and look up to the wall on the left for a grapple point. That's where you come back to after seeing Owl.
    Sorry iím probably being really thick, but iím still not sure on the way to progress.

Is it the pagoda?
  • damagedinc 13 Apr 2019 22:15:08 2,672 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Decided to stick with it. Finally beat the ninja in the hole, however I still can't beat the fat spear man.

Have multiple ways to go now and not sure where to go

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.