Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Page 132

• robc84 13 Apr 2019 22:22:00 13,336 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @damagedinc

By Ninja in the hole I assume you mean lone swordsman?

And by far spear man I assume you mean seven spears?

If so I think iím a little bit ahead of you (but still havenít killed either of those guys).
  • damagedinc 13 Apr 2019 22:32:11 2,672 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah those are the ones.

seven spears seems to be all about the posture but he resets so quickly

I can either go down the hole and into the dungeon. Bird roof death or take down the guy at the top of the stairs.
  • MiniSchnauz 13 Apr 2019 22:33:30 27 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @robc84 Have you seen Owl at Hirata? Then you mentioned falling off the grapple traversals, yeah?

It's not the Pagoda which contains a very nice present and is worth investigating. Where you have to go next is back to the river by the bridge and the watch tower before where you fought the spear elite and after the first couple of guys with shields you met having come up through the estate. If you drop down in to the river and follow it round to the left, at some point there is a tree sticking out on the left hand side of the cliff you can traverse to and come up behind a building in what the game calls the old graveyard that Owl mentioned. This will allow you to progress deeper in to the part of Hirata estate on fire.
  • robc84 14 Apr 2019 07:46:34 13,336 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MiniSchnauz

I got you. Thanks for clarifying!
  • robc84 14 Apr 2019 07:58:22 13,336 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @damagedinc

Iíve only had a couple of goes at Seven Spears but could see it was going to be tough so thought iíd come back when I was a bit stronger.

Guy at the top of the stairs leads around to the rooftop section, but you meet an NPC so itís worth going that way once.

Iíve not ventured far into the dungeon yet. I went with rooftops and if you go back a few pages you will see my frustrations! Had to google the best way and once I knew the best route to take it was ok.
  • Gibroon 14 Apr 2019 12:25:39 2,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've been plodding along quite nicely. Managed Genericho, 4 monkeys, snake eyes, another centipede arms and sneaked past the snake again, all in a couple of plays yesterday.

Think I'll give the magic ball dude a go next at abandoned dungeon .
  • SamNunn92 14 Apr 2019 20:16:21 829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What am I supposed to do with the two 'fruits' i.e snake giblets? I've reached what I assume is the last boss second Genichiro but am none the wiser.
  • neems 14 Apr 2019 21:39:15 4,466 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @SamNunn92

I think they were ingredients to allow you to enter heaven. Either that or they are part of the sever immortality plan. I forget which.

I reckon I'll have the final boss tomorrow. I've been to the last stage several times, just got to learn the timing.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 21:48:06 5,442 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @SamNunn92 Be warned, the spoiler tags in this post are SERIOUS FUCKING SPOILERS. No fecking around with these, so mouse-over them at your peril.

The "fruits" are needed as part of the quest chain for the "true" ending. If you have already advanced the Divine Child's story (eaten her rice multiple times, given her a persimmion when she's ill, talked with her in the monkey-world and found that item on the monk's corpse for her) you can hand them to her and she will give you some frozen tears. This must be done before you fight the Divine Dragon.

If you've done all this and got the frozen tears, then when you beat the last boss, you will be given the option of either just giving the divine dragon tears, or giving both those and the frozen tears. The former gives you the "normal" ending, the latter gives you the "true" ending.
  • neems 14 Apr 2019 21:59:22 4,466 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Rogueywon

Fucking hell I didn't know any of that. Hmm, NG+? Do I dare?

Of course I have to finish the current game first.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 22:34:50 19,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Way to many fucking boss fights in this, fatigue is starting to kick in a bit. I'm at the ghost monk, am I fairly near the end?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 22:36:15 5,442 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Way to many fucking boss fights in this, fatigue is starting to kick in a bit. I'm at the ghost monk, am I fairly near the end?
    Around the 75% point. Still a fair bit to go, including some utter-cunt bosses. But also the best (and most Souls-like) area in the game still to come.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 22:37:36 19,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't really like the Souls games so thats not really spurring me on.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 22:46:09 5,442 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If it helps, other than the last boss (who is fucking awful), you don't really have any compulsory difficulty spikes still to go.
  • SamNunn92 14 Apr 2019 22:46:59 829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rogueywon cheers for the warning - I read the first 3 lines and that alone has given me a big nudge in the right direction, thanks!
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 22:56:49 19,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    If it helps, other than the last boss (who is fucking awful), you don't really have any compulsory difficulty spikes still to go.
    Yeah I'm not finding anything particularly difficult now it's just feeling a bit, "fucks sake another giant health bar to whittle down." I don't particularly like boss fights in general though, at least the combat tends to keep these ones interesting.

Edited by Decks at 23:06:05 14-04-2019
  • MiniSchnauz 14 Apr 2019 23:02:36 27 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Decks I think you're pretty close to be honest. You have (almost) less than a handful of actual story 'bosses' to go depending on which fights you've done and of those one/two are puzzle bosses.

Keep at it, you're making great progress.
  • MiniSchnauz 14 Apr 2019 23:12:49 27 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @neems I'd say you should, though I went for the bad ending on my NG+ but I cakewalked almost every boss (save Genichiro 1. It's easier because you can ignore all the minibosses and most of the mobs plus you know the boss patterns. NG was about 45 hours (with all bosses and minibosses including the optionals), NG+ was about 5 hours. Even going for another full run at most I think I'd double that time.
  • neems 14 Apr 2019 23:17:14 4,466 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @MiniSchnauz

Cheers. I will decide what to do if / when I beat this guy. And of course One Finger Death Punch 2 comes out tomorrow, which promises to be the best fighting game ever made.
  • MiniSchnauz 14 Apr 2019 23:33:42 27 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @neems

It should be me thanking you! OFDP2 is out tomorrow? Damn, well... that blows my free time this week. So much for another Dark Souls playthrough.
  • Addy__ 14 Apr 2019 23:56:04 80 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    neems wrote:
    @MiniSchnauz

Cheers. I will decide what to do if / when I beat this guy. And of course One Finger Death Punch 2 comes out tomorrow, which promises to be the best fighting game ever made.
    Wait...there's a sequel? And it's out tomorrow? I'll have to get on that. Loved the original.
  • neems 14 Apr 2019 23:59:01 4,466 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is also a demo for OFDP2 (or there is on Steam at any rate, don't know about other formats). I'm tempted to go for the Switch version, assuming it's day and date.
  • MiniSchnauz 15 Apr 2019 00:01:25 27 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I played the original to death and I'be played the demo for 2 more than a few times. Switch is very tempting it has be be said.
  • Addy__ 15 Apr 2019 00:02:13 80 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    @neems

Cool. Pc for me. I sunk that many hours using a mouse I can't see myself playing it any other way.
  • HarryPalmer 15 Apr 2019 09:51:21 5,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think this is From's best game. I may change my mind, the boss fights have been brutal and I've only done Genny and Butterfly, which I found extremely testing, but the exploration and level design is so so good, and fighting the normal enemies and mini-bosses is fantastic.

Senpou Temple is such a cool area - proper tense too as I missed a shrine, some proper fucked up shit emerging. The fight with Robert's dad is a classic imo.
  • OllyJ 15 Apr 2019 11:40:16 4,429 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This seems too good not to share, mid/late game item spoiler, but I never knew it's purpose until I saw this...feels like a game changer.

• neems 15 Apr 2019 13:45:03 4,466 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @OllyJ

I had half an idea of how that worked, but I guess I didn't quite have the mechanics down. That could be very helpful, thanks.
  • neems 15 Apr 2019 14:16:47 4,466 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So fucking close I can almost taste it. I am so gonna kill this nobba (spoilers for the last boss obviously).

• Overmegasixwave 15 Apr 2019 14:46:26 87 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm amazed at how effective the Ichimonji (Double) combat art is during boss/mini boss fights, absolutely destroyed the last few I've faced using this.
  • atothewest 15 Apr 2019 14:48:16 974 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice. I got him on Friday. Managed to skip the third phase which helped a lot. Very tough fight but a fantastic final boss, real test of skill and very rewarding.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.