Following Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Page 160

• Steve-Perry 12 Mar 2020 11:27:14 1,146 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Not too difficult a level, you should get stabbing.
  • retro74 12 Mar 2020 21:11:21 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Found a new area / boss eventually, chased some monkeys across the buildings. More of a puzzle than anything but worked it out

Now Iíve ended up in quite an annoying area with lots of rifle people who are pretty dull enemies. Hopefully wonít have to stay in this area for too long

Fought a mini boss, Snake Eyes Something, who wasnít too much trouble at all. Stopped there as I went round the corner and was being shot at immediately- will leave it for another day
  • retro74 15 Mar 2020 14:49:16 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've been playing sporadically but it's all gone really dull and boring now. The Sunken Valley, Gun Fort, some poison area, a foggy forest and now I'm in a place called Mibu Village(?) which is also terrible

It's really dropped off a cliff big time at this point. I did go back and fight the Headless thing I'd encountered previously and it was mega annoying, I did it eventually but it too me nearly 20 attempts and every death was unbelievably frustrating as I had to go and grind for the resurrection node back and some pacifying powder

I'm hoping it gets back on form soon :(
  • Bichii 15 Mar 2020 17:49:50 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I used to think you were okay.
  • retro74 15 Mar 2020 18:28:31 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Bichii You have to admit they are poor compared to the stuff that came before? I spent most of my time running, I don't just want to run around areas, I want to explore

Anyway found a rock hard mini boss fight. O'Rin of the Water, that was hard. I never actually "died" but I ran away about 20 times after she'd taken my first node

I didn't seem to be able to do vitality or posture damage for a good while and although I thought I was parrying effectively I clearly wasn't as my posture was full almost immediately after one or two hits

Don't worry I still think you're ok despite you being wrong if you loved this bit of the game
  • Bichii 15 Mar 2020 18:47:08 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Doesn't your resurrection come straight back pretty much during the boss fight? I can't remember ever having to grind to get a res back??
  • retro74 15 Mar 2020 18:51:55 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah when I use a resurrect and then die, which I did on Headless, one of the nodes is then empty and you have to kill enemies to refill it - which takes ages
  • Bichii 15 Mar 2020 19:04:46 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ooooh so basically get good if you need more than one Res per boss fight :). On bosses with multi bars you get a res back per execution.
  • retro74 15 Mar 2020 19:09:49 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Most of them so far I've not needed a resurrect but on this one there was an escape route so I just went back to the idol as soon as I resurrected once and restarted the boss so I didn't have to grind

The Headless was the frustrating one, hated that fight. I did come across another Headless in the forest but left it alone as the reward from the other fight wasn't even worth it
  • Bichii 15 Mar 2020 19:12:32 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah you don't need to kill the headless ones at all. One gives a pretty good reward but definitely not essential. Also the air attack/execution you can unlock takes off one health bar straight away if they jump.

Edited by Bichii at 19:13:20 15-03-2020
  • retro74 15 Mar 2020 21:03:57 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think the Headless jump do they? I must have fought it 15 times and it didn't jump at all, it was just really slow moving and sort of teleported behind me a few times
  • Bichii 15 Mar 2020 21:10:34 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ahh that one in the forest, no not that one. I'm thinking of the ones that fire all the purple magic.
  • retro74 16 Mar 2020 18:43:54 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yay! Guardian Ape! He's fun isn't he? I like him, he's dead now though so I feel bad

Must have taken me nearly an hour just on that one fight. The first phase was easy enough but I could not get the hang of the second for a good while. I was actually being too aggressive, once I just waited for him to make the first move I beat him straight away

Onwards!
  • wuntyate 16 Mar 2020 19:04:13 14,513 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did you know about his little surprise beforehand?
  • retro74 16 Mar 2020 19:10:01 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I'd read about it before somewhere, I have a very bad habit of clicking on spoilers when I see them. They are just too tempting

I bet it drove people mad if they played it at launch :)
  • retro74 17 Mar 2020 18:32:37 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Done those other Headless now, the last one was mega annoying. Another 15 attempts job, so slow and frustrating and the grab move that pulls something out of your butt is a one hit kill

On a positive note I beat the Ape Couple first attempt, was much easier than the original Guardian Ape fight

I must be moving towards the end soon, seems like I've been playing it for ages
  • wuntyate 17 Mar 2020 20:33:49 14,513 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The headless are just utter dicks to fight. Personally thought they were utterly terrible design. Not fun in the least.
  • MiniSchnauz 17 Mar 2020 23:31:09 424 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    The mobs/ogres/mini-bosses/bosses are just utter dicks to fight. Personally thought they were utterly terrible design. Not fun in the least.
    FTFY
  • retro74 18 Mar 2020 09:31:06 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @MiniSchnauz I have to disagree :)

95% of the fights are incredibly fun, it's only really the Headless that aren't because your fast movement is taken away

I was worried that it would be far too hard but it's a very fair challenge, After reading this thread I doubt that I'll be able to beat the final boss but nothing else has been too difficult at all

Nameless King in DS3 is probably harder than anything I've fought so far in Sekiro. I used to act as a summon for him and fought him hundreds and hundreds of times - I bet more that 90% of players died in those fights, I'd struggle to find even one that beat him some days
  • wuntyate 18 Mar 2020 10:01:55 14,513 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah tbh it was only really the headless that I thought were shite to fight. I'm not overly in love with the game but on the whole the combat etc was decent. Just those spooky cunts, although I loved the visuals of them and the atmosphere, especially the one at the bottom of the lake .
  • MiniSchnauz 18 Mar 2020 12:57:44 424 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @retro74 it's cool! Tbh I'm just glad you're enjoying it and having fun with it. I'm quite upfront about the fact I'm not a fan of Sekiro but I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the systems as a whole.

I'm fairly sure you'll be good with the final boss. it's a spectacular fight and probably my favourite in the entire game.
  • retro74 18 Mar 2020 14:36:06 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wouldn't class myself as a big fan overall to be honest. The base combat is great fun, I love most of the bosses and mini bosses

The prosthetics I can take or leave, they are useful in some situations but most of the time I forget that they are even there. And all the junk you collect, none of that has been used, maybe there's a really useful thing you can do with sugars, ash, shards, powders etc but I've still got all of it

I used the confetti but other than that it's all just pointless

I'm not keen on the world either, I find it much harder to navigate compared to Dark Souls, I'm constantly asking myself where that thing was that I need to go back to and I can never find it. I was looking for a hag to give my rice to for ages at one point
  • retro74 20 Mar 2020 21:21:39 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Right, any advice on the second Owl fight? The first one was pretty tough but the Hirata one is nails

I had an hour or so earlier and tried it 20 times before giving it a rest for the night

Didnít even get the first deathblow in, only got his vitality bar down to less than 50% once in fact

So many one hit kills too, which I hate in boss fights 😬
  • wuntyate 20 Mar 2020 21:24:14 14,513 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pass, never fought him! Only found out after I finished the game that there was a second Owl fight. Not that I'm upset given what I know about it. Good luck...
  • Bichii 20 Mar 2020 21:26:00 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @retro74 a) it's optional. B) it's nails. C) try and draw the slam attack d) I wouldn't bother if it's annoying you. E) if you must, being aggressive is best bar one or two of his attacks. Unless you want to try the really long wunty method and just run around the arena occasionally hitting him.
  • retro74 20 Mar 2020 21:27:21 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @wuntyate hmmm, I assumed that I had to fight him so thatís actually helpful

Iíve done everything so far so not sure I want to miss him but it might take weeks rather than days
  • retro74 20 Mar 2020 21:31:14 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Bichii cheers, Iíve not got the patience to chip him down as one hit from him kills me 7 times out of 10

If I chipped him all the way down it would take about half an hour and then Iíd blow it probably and smash my PS4 to pieces

I tried being more aggressive but it had no posture impact so I need to hurt him somehow
  • Bichii 20 Mar 2020 21:35:30 2,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He is arguably the second hardest fight in the game and you don't need to do it. :)
  • retro74 21 Mar 2020 21:11:07 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spent another 2 hours trying the Owl

Managed to get the first deathblow and had his vitality down to less than 50% on the second but my hands got all sweaty and I could hardly hold the pad and blew it ☹️

Such a tough battle, many attempts lasted less than 5 seconds as heíd just kill me as soon as I approached him so I didnít bother resurrecting

Resorted to checking YouTube and found a video of someone beating him without taking a hit but the Owl had a massively reduced move set so it was no help at all. If it was like that (presume itís been patched) it would be no trouble at all
  • Steve-Perry 21 Mar 2020 21:48:32 1,146 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I don't think he was patched. Keep at it man. You'll get him

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.