Post deleted
  • Zippity-zap 23 Aug 2018 13:00:48 368 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • wuntyphyve 23 Aug 2018 13:12:22 11,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aye all of a sudden I'm getting quite fucking keen. FROM always seem to release their games near my birthday as well. It's a sign.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Aug 2018 13:31:07 4,957 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I AM HYPE!!!

i am also going to be shit :D
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Aug 2018 13:35:58 25,402 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks fucking great to me, I still havenít started Nioh FFS.
  • Fonzie 23 Aug 2018 15:15:12 3,329 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Despite them saying it's not a souls game, the combat reminds me a lot of Bloodborne. The speed, dodging etc, obviously minus the gun. This is not a criticism in any way as the combat in Bloodborne was fantastic. I like the way you can stealth kill which seems to have taken the place of the backstab and the demo showed many different ways to approach the enemies. Some of the tactics used by ENB to beat the larger enemies differed greatly to the way VaatiVidya took them down so I'm guessing there will many ways in which you can approach each section. It already looks great and it's still a long way off release yet.

Edited by Fonzie at 15:15:49 23-08-2018
  • wuntyphyve 23 Aug 2018 15:17:48 11,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Okay i watched the ENB vid at lunch and now I'm very keen indeed. I don't understand the posture thing yet. What's the point of hitting their posture meter when you reduce their health anyway? Or does it mean you can't finish them off til their posture is broken? If so, what's the point in filling their posture bar before their health is depleted?
  • wuntyphyve 23 Aug 2018 15:19:25 11,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather

Are you interested in this? You should be. Epic Name Bro said (and I quote) "falling off things is NOT an insta kill. I have confirmed with the rep on site and he assured me that that feature is in the finished game".

Ledges won't kill you straight away lemming man! You just respawn with some health lost.

Presumably because you are a LOT more mobile this time with jumping, double jumping, grappling etc. It's just an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 15:20:09 23-08-2018
  • JamboWayOh 23 Aug 2018 15:25:08 11,134 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @quadfather

Are you interested in this? You should be. Epic Name Bro said (and I quote) "falling off things is NOT an insta kill. I have confirmed with the rep on site and he assured me that that feature is in the finished game".

Ledges won't kill you straight away lemming man! You just respawn with some health lost.

Presumably because you are a LOT more mobile this time with jumping, double jumping, grappling etc. It's just an accident waiting to happen.
    I've read there's an actual manual ledge grab in the game. Quaddy should be golden
  • wuntyphyve 23 Aug 2018 15:27:01 11,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That won't save him. He'll still plummet to his doom. At least this time it's not insta-doom.

Although it does still remove some health, so I imagine it will be more like this:
    https://youtu.be/dEacGiMO3K0

Edited by wuntyphyve at 15:28:24 23-08-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Aug 2018 15:29:23 4,957 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @wuntyphyve I think the posture meter allows you to give a crit attack, for the lower enemies it is an instakill
  • wuntyphyve 23 Aug 2018 15:31:51 11,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Ah right. That makes sense yeah.
  • quadfather 23 Aug 2018 15:32:51 33,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @quadfather

Haha

Hm, looks ok I guess - I've only just tuned in though. I'll have to check the videos out later.
  • quadfather 23 Aug 2018 15:43:35 33,738 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hm, combat looks pretty interesting - spoilered just in case anyone wants to go in blind -

While Kitao was unwilling to give too many specifics on combat systems, I can safely say that Sekiro is unlike anything we've seen in other From Software games. Instead of hacking away at an enemy's health bar, Kitao says famed director Hidetaka Miyazaki wanted to capture the feel of "swords clashing."

While there's still HP, combat revolves around 'posture.' When you attack an enemy, they'll easily block your attack but will lose posture each time. Once lowered enough, they'll be open to a gory finishing move, but the same goes for you. As enemies attack, blocking lowers your posture unless you block perfectly (similar to parrying in Dark Souls). With a perfect block you'll actually throw the enemy off balance and lower their posture instead.

In this way, combat in Sekiro feels more authentic to a sword duel: A battle of attrition as each tries desperately to create an opening to deliver a fatal strike. Once you finally trip a foe up enough, you can hit them with a 'Shinobi Death Blow'óa gleefully bloody finisher that kills weaker enemies instantly.
  • wuntyphyve 23 Aug 2018 15:52:20 11,076 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah it's quite intriguing. It could be a nice shake up in playstyle. Apparently the ninja tools and prosthetic arm use consumables work the same as quicksilver bullets in BB. You pick them up and consume 1 (or more) each time you use the tool / prosthetic. Extras go into storage and are refilled at a shrine thing - again, similar to BB.
  • erasr 24 Aug 2018 20:57:52 261 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really loved the look and feel of Bloodborne but couldnít be bothered with its difficulty. Die a few times and I was done.

I uninstalled and installed that game more than any other.

I love the look of this but why do they need to be difficult and require so much patience? Iím in my 30ís and donít have the time or patience.
  • Bichii 24 Aug 2018 21:00:00 1,009 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just watched some videos. I don't think they've created any new sfx since dark souls 1. Did they fire the audio person and never got around to replacing them!?
  • retro74 24 Aug 2018 21:04:49 2,650 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iíve only watched a bit of the gameplay but I donít like the look of it. It doesnít seem to flow very well and it looks more difficult to retain the space accurately between you and your target with this

Maybe itís different when you play it yourself but for once itís not a certain purchase for me. Might wait to see what the Souls regulars on here say first
  • JonFE 26 Aug 2018 01:59:18 1,882 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @retro74

You might want to watch EpicNameBro and VaatiVidya's recent youtube videos (the ones Fonzie mentioned on the previous page) that explain some of the fighting mechanics.

From what I gathered, you don't want to retain space between you and your enemy, because the whole posture system favours aggressiveness over passiveness: that posture meter builds up when you attack and cools off when you don't and, apparently, you want it filled up to perform a critical hit that finishes off the powerful enemies.

ENB also had a twitch discussion on Saturday noon, where he broke down some of the videos he recorded and made a in-depth analysis. He does sound overhyped about it :rolleyes:
  • nickthegun 26 Aug 2018 10:33:33 76,520 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It looks kind of like Ki system in Nioh. Press the advantage for a critical or back off to use items.

But, yeah, I'm super pumped for this. I just got massively back into Nioh and my body is definitely ready for a Tenchu'd up version.
  • Deleted user 26 August 2018 11:17:11
    erasr wrote:
    I really loved the look and feel of Bloodborne but couldnít be bothered with its difficulty. Die a few times and I was done.

I uninstalled and installed that game more than any other.

I love the look of this but why do they need to be difficult and require so much patience? Iím in my 30ís and donít have the time or patience.
    Because that's the point of these type of games - to be difficult where you have to master them like the games we grew up with in the 80s and 90s. I get bored unless a game is story driven or if it's too easy.

Maybe Souls games just aren't for you?
  • Deleted user 26 August 2018 11:17:34
    Looks soo good. Can't wait.
  • Huggybear 12 Feb 2019 08:26:31 1,566 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I just realised this is out on March 22nd, a week after the Division 2.

Guess the Division 2 has to fucking wait then.

Edit: can't search for this thread because the OP deleted the account it seems

Edited by Huggybear at 08:27:20 12-02-2019
  • chrisno21 12 Feb 2019 08:48:29 2,109 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's my thinking too, anything released near to this will just have to wait.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Feb 2019 09:23:21 4,957 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yup :)
  • Rodderz 12 Feb 2019 09:40:32 3,595 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm looking forward to this too. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to Nioh, considering it looks to be occupying a similar space/genre. Not long to wait now!
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2019 12:45:27 25,402 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck, I havenít even started Nioh yet.
  • the_dudefather 12 Feb 2019 13:11:17 10,880 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never quite got around to Nioh, was always 'maybe when it's cheap' wish list

Looking forward to this though, looks like they've mixed up the formula quite a bit
  • cambison 12 Feb 2019 14:54:49 73 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My ass temps are prematurely cranked for this... From Software makes what appears to essentially be Bloodborne meets Tenchu (minus the MP) take my fucking money now...👍

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.