Gears of War 5 Page 25

• Frogofdoom 8 Sep 2019 19:55:48 13,948 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mine is installed on a different drive as there wasnt room on my system ssd. Same on the Mrs' machine.

Like I said just need to change the default drive for app installs. It's really counter intuitive to do though
  • harriselhoff 8 Sep 2019 20:01:25 278 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    You can change the drive it installs to, just need to change the drive windows 10 installs apps to.
    This
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 8 Sep 2019 20:32:20 2,039 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Mine is installed on a different drive as there wasnt room on my system ssd. Same on the Mrs' machine.

Like I said just need to change the default drive for app installs. It's really counter intuitive to do though
    No, that wasn't the issue, my default is E: which has 500gb free. Had to change that to C:

An odd one.

Also, my PC sleeps with windows store downloads, anyone else have that problem?
  • Mayhem64 8 Sep 2019 20:33:40 1,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My physical copy arrived...! So installing now....
  • Frogofdoom 8 Sep 2019 20:36:30 13,948 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo oh no idea why it would do that, mine installed fine to a different drive.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 8 Sep 2019 20:43:59 2,039 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Only thing I can think of is that it's an exFAT formatted drive, not had issues with any other Windows Store stuff though
  • nickthegun 8 Sep 2019 22:14:15 78,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You can change the location of the install in the Xbox Game Pass Beta App Thing.
  • neems 8 Sep 2019 22:19:06 4,675 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    You can change the location of the install in the Xbox Game Pass Beta App Thing.
    That's how I did it in the end. I expected it to ask, and it didn't. It then said there wasn't enough room, pick another drive, but didn't give me the option. It then gave me a link to the default drive allocation options, which didn't work. Finally the setting in the xbox app got me there.
  • ChiefGB 8 Sep 2019 22:24:30 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíve given the game a rest this evening, from the looks of it acts 2&3 are rather similar in structure and Iíve done enough skiffing for one day tbh.
  • nickthegun 8 Sep 2019 22:32:04 78,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    neems wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    That's how I did it in the end. I expected it to ask, and it didn't. It then said there wasn't enough room, pick another drive, but didn't give me the option. It then gave me a link to the default drive allocation options, which didn't work. Finally the setting in the xbox app got me there.
    I might have clicked through the gears install really fast and it didn't have it in this instance but, generally, you click install and it flashes up the default install location. Next to that there's a 'change' button where you can select a different drive.
  • JamboWayOh 8 Sep 2019 23:31:34 14,721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Iíve given the game a rest this evening, from the looks of it acts 2&3 are rather similar in structure and Iíve done enough skiffing for one day tbh.
    Oh dear, I sense a Chief backlash...
  • ChiefGB 9 Sep 2019 00:36:39 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, not at all Iíve just been hard at it this afternoon to the point I needed a break.
  • neems 9 Sep 2019 01:06:22 4,675 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @nickthegun

Yea that's what I was expecting it to do, but nada.
  • nickthegun 9 Sep 2019 08:27:41 78,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hmmm... this maybe why they are still calling it a beta
  • Mayhem64 9 Sep 2019 08:41:01 1,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Okay installed, having a look around to set stuff up, I'm sure this is obvious but I'll ask a couple questions. New UI is interesting and will take a little time to get used to me thinks. And the tour of duty stuff is ace, but probably difficult for me to exploit because I have not that much time to devote to the game, certainly not daily!

So are the blood splatter config for executions? In Versus I can see Quickplay and Ranked, how is Arcade mode accessed, is it only the quickplay and not ranked? Sorry, daft n00b questions :p

At least I found out how to do the expressions and voice emotes...

Edited by Mayhem64 at 08:49:02 09-09-2019
  • SolidSCB 9 Sep 2019 09:08:26 11,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did the opening section last night. So far, so Gears, which definitely isn't a bad thing as far as I'm concerned but I don't understand whats so massively different and fresh about it tbh. I know from reviews that it opens up a bit in later acts, but mechanically it feels almost identical to last gen Gears (I skipped 4) other than a few bells and whistles.
  • TechnoHippy 9 Sep 2019 09:11:55 15,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've not read any reviews, so not sure what they meant, however for me I wouldn't want them to mess with the formula too much. Jack seems a bit more prominent, and there's some openish areas (although thankfully without an overload of stuff to do).
  • ChiefGB 9 Sep 2019 09:12:02 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Story is more coherent so far and the characters are better written. Plus itís back to having cool set pieces in it that 4 barely had by my recollection and the encounters just feel more exciting.
  • JamboWayOh 9 Sep 2019 09:15:51 14,721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would say all of what Chief has said but also the shooting feels so much better with so many more options available to you. Just to add, no one has mentioned this, but the enemy variety in this is quite astounding and they're all combined in different configurations in the encounters to really keep you on your feet.
  • DUFFMAN5 9 Sep 2019 09:19:14 24,912 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    What controller settings are you guys playing mp with. My usual Gears 4 ones seem far too twitchy.
  • mumtoucher 9 Sep 2019 09:20:21 620 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I took the plunge this weekend for £2 as my fiancee was on her hen do. This has really taken me by surprise, what a great game - can't wait to get home from work!!

I played gears 4 but never completed it.
  • Vortex808 9 Sep 2019 09:27:30 13,344 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    BiggerBFG wrote:
    And half my collected collectibles are missing.
    Yep have this too.
    :-)

This made me check last night too. All mine were missing too. Last night I Quit to menu and it appears to have saved the ones I collected last night, but the other two nights it locked up/crashed and had to be quit out of from the dash rather than quit to menu, so nada has been saved from those days. Sigh.

Hope it remembers to put them back on a replay, so I can try to get them back! On the plus side, the components seem to have saved ok. Given the checkpoints etc had saved properly, it seems really odd that collectibles haven't been remembered.
  • ChiefGB 9 Sep 2019 09:32:15 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I would say all of what Chief has said but also the shooting feels so much better with so many more options available to you. Just to add, no one has mentioned this, but the enemy variety in this is quite astounding and they're all combined in different configurations in the encounters to really keep you on your feet.
    This is also true, I was wondering if the switchup to 60fps is also playing a part (first time on gears for me but not for pc owners so Iíve discounted that a bit)
  • JamboWayOh 9 Sep 2019 09:36:26 14,721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The 60fps has definitely made an impact for me.
  • Mayhem64 9 Sep 2019 09:43:36 1,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    What controller settings are you guys playing mp with. My usual Gears 4 ones seem far too twitchy.
    I've set up with the same values, will see how it pans out and adjust as according!
  • Frogofdoom 9 Sep 2019 09:45:45 13,948 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I turned the aim acceleration off and upped the sensitivity to about 13. Aim acceleration is a terrible thing and should never be used.
  • SolidSCB 9 Sep 2019 09:49:35 11,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll have to try the aim acceleration thing. I thought it was just me being shit having not played a Gears game in years, it was absolutely all over the place.
  • BiggerBFG 9 Sep 2019 10:13:50 1,392 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm on Tournament controls and all sensitivity settings to 27 or 28.
  • TommyUnderwear 9 Sep 2019 11:52:43 232 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @mumtoucher Did the exact same. Bought the One X on Saturday, justifying the purchase because of the fact that I didn't have to pay full whack for the game. Really enjoying it so far. Christ, it looks unbelievable in some parts.
  • Duffking 9 Sep 2019 13:01:40 16,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    why is this not playable until 9pm? what kind of stupid time is that

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.