Halo Infinite Page 2

• y2rich 12 Jun 2018 08:33:18 3,496 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aye something to do with the AI eating itself after a certain time to stop it developing and learning too much I think...

Who knows I stopped caring about the story after 3 when I realised the best games were the ones where you don't never play as Master Chief
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2018 08:42:46 32,235 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rampancy isn't purposeful, it's a flaw and inherent side effect of AI learning where they essentially learn so much they think themselves into oblivion. It'd be like if you thought about stuff so hard, your brain forgot how to make your lungs and heart work.
  • y2rich 12 Jun 2018 09:06:32 3,496 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DFawkes sounds like half of my work colleagues except they have to think so hard about the lungs and heart stuff they forget everything else
  • PRASAD 18 Jul 2018 19:53:43 1 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Announced at the Xbox Media Briefing today. Looks like it's powered by an all-new engine called Slipspace, and I'm guessing it's a way off, given the short teaser.

Looks amazing and huge though, and we're going back to an actual Halo!

I think Halo Infinite PC version will be base on cloud computing with crack protection because GOW4 with UWP already cracked. so microsoft did'n lost demand of their million dollar Halo franchise
  • Ror 19 Dec 2018 23:32:40 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Some little bits n' pieces from the 343 social stream (VoD is here).

Spartan customization will be Reach-inspired. They said they know a lot of people liked that level of customization and will be pleased with what Infinite has.

Infinite will have 4 player splitscreen.

The Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind when it comes to different hardware combinations.

Black undersuits for Spartans are confirmed (all parts that aren't metal). The art department is aware of the demand for it.

Another reason for a new engine was that they hit a content limit with Halo 5.

343i will have an internal tournament on an Infinite build at the start of the year.

They are in the process of rebuilding their Pro Team and Competitive Halo will play a role in the future.

Halo 5 players who reach Spartan Rank 152(max rank) will receive an award in Halo Infinite.

I better get those last few ranks squared away!

Summary nicked from here.

Edited by Ror at 23:33:50 19-12-2018
  • Ror 10 Jun 2019 00:03:13 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
  • richardiox 10 Jun 2019 00:05:00 7,751 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Can't believe they didn't show gameplay footage tonight. Yes the game is 18 months out but that's not stopped footage of Last Of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima etc being shown.

Infinite / Scarlett reveal was shit.
  • Ror 10 Jun 2019 00:08:41 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wasn't expecting gameplay, to be honest.

I get what you're saying with respect to those other games, but I think Halo's in a bit more of a precarious situation with its gameplay. Halo 5 really split the base; some love it, some really, really hate it.

So I think they need to really take the time to go in depth about the gameplay mechanics with Halo Infinite.

Which kind of leads me to a criticism of today's conference. They showed a ton of content, but a lot of it went by in a blur. I think they really need to slow down a bit and go deeper into a smaller selection of games. Maybe a bit like Sony's E3 2018, except without all the other shit like elaborate set changes and fucking flute solos.
  • Derblington 10 Jun 2019 00:35:45 31,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The problem is that they don’t need to do that for 3rd parties and they have so little to show of themselves. 15 mins of Flight Sim would be wasted at this event, Forza was just DLC, Halo is too far out and they’d want it for next year.
    So we would have got Gears 5 and Bleeding Edge demos. Which would have been good but still not much.
  • richardiox 10 Jun 2019 00:41:23 7,751 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    And they didn't even show any Gears 5 campaign....a game that's out in 3 months. Piss poor first party showing really. As usual this gen. Hopefully they're cutting their losses and holding it all back for next year / next gen.

Sony still have TLoU 2, Dreams, Death Stranding and Ghosts to tide over to PS5. Next year on Xbox is going to barren.
  • Ror 10 Jun 2019 00:59:51 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not showing any campaign gameplay for Gears 5 makes absolutely no sense when it's three months out. Hopefully that'll be on Jeff Gerstmann's list of questions when he has his annual sit down with Phil Spencer.
  • Rodney 10 Jun 2019 01:44:54 3,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought the Halo trailer was a bit shit. I know it was just a cinematic, but Halo isn't about enclosed spaces. Would have been better to show something a bit more indicative of the game design. Unless the new Halo is going to be a cinematic tight corridor shooter, which I wouldn't put it past them since 343 don't seem to understand Halo that we'll.
  • Ror 10 Jun 2019 11:34:59 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did you see last year's trailer?
  • Derblington 10 Jun 2019 11:37:39 31,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Not showing any campaign gameplay for Gears 5 makes absolutely no sense when it's three months out. Hopefully that'll be on Jeff Gerstmann's list of questions when he has his annual sit down with Phil Spencer.
    They have a separate stream with footage - it was announced when the conference ended.
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Jun 2019 11:41:45 7,617 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    They have a separate stream with footage - it was announced when the conference ended.
    a) why announce it after the steam when people turn off
    b) Ror was changing his trousers after masterchief appeared and would have missed that
    c) why not show some gameplay in your conference which most people will be watching and not in some half hidden stream?
  • Derblington 10 Jun 2019 11:43:12 31,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm in agreement, just informing that they are actually showing something at some point.
  • Ror 10 Jun 2019 12:07:34 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't miss that, actually :D They didn't give a timeslot though - I went to the Gears Mixer channel right after the conference and it was off air.

It's just a bit weird that they showed more of Gears 5 when it was 15 months out than they did when it was three months out. I, along with most, was expecting a bit of a blow out this year.
  • TechnoHippy 10 Jun 2019 12:20:15 15,370 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The new engine looks competent, but nothing earth shattering so far. However I've been a Halo fan since the beginning, especially the Mastchief (and Cortana) and it's great to see him back.

The music as always gets the nerves tingling :-)
  • ChiefGB 11 Jun 2019 01:00:08 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This looks a bit cartoony, the texture of chiefs armour didn’t quite look right too me.
  • adamasunder12 11 Jun 2019 01:25:47 586 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

343 are still to prove they can do a Halo campaign and though Halo 5 arena was immense the gameplay did not translate well to Big team and mixed combat at all which was telling in the lack of any official maps.

Hopefully third time's the charm but I fear the horse has bolted, then died.
  • Technoishmatt 11 Jun 2019 08:09:03 3,508 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really enjoyed the Halp 5 campaign... I find it hard to go back to some of the older campaigns, they can be quite repetitive.

Are the new textures a bit of a hark back to earlier MC, rather than the glitzier updated version?
  • Pierre2k 11 Jun 2019 08:46:42 1,138 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    343 are proven capable IMO. I absolutely loved the Halo 4 campaign and would place it in joint favourite of the whole series alongside Reach.

That said, I found Halo 5 a bit "meh", despite not playing it until it was in X-enhanced form. It ran like a dream, looked ok (though I actually preferred the X-enhanced version of Halo 4 visually believe it or not).

I know Halo 4 wasn't a huge success with everyone, but I found the story one of the most gripping, and it looked spectacular in 4K HDR, with a silky smooth 60fps frame rate.

Edited by Pierre2k at 09:36:50 11-06-2019
  • Vortex808 11 Jun 2019 09:13:38 13,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pierre2k wrote:
    I know Halo 4 wasn't a huge success with everyone, but I found the story one of the most gripping, and it looked spectacular in 4K HDR, with a silky smooth 60fps frame rate.
    I didn't like it on 360, but firing through it again as part of MCC with the new shinies and I enjoyed it far more. Probably due to knowing how to play against the prometheans a bit better tbh. Halo 2 was lovely too.

Reach is there in MCC for PC now isn't it? Does this mean it will appear in xbone MCC eventualy? I still need to do a re-run through ODST yet though, but Reach was my favourite and I would like to replay that at some point.
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Jun 2019 09:18:35 24,894 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Pierre2k
    Along with Reach Gears 4 was my fav campaign.
  • barchetta 11 Jun 2019 16:44:00 1,885 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Pierre2k
    Along with Reach Gears 4 was my fav campaign.
    Gears or Halo? I know there is only one true love!

I co-op'ed Halo2 recently on Legendary and it is brutal. Back in the day I was pretty good but time isn't kind to the reflexes though playing at that level shows how important a good weapon choice is.

May jump to Halo 4 next as I haven't touched that since the 360.
  • Ror 11 Jun 2019 16:55:39 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @adamasunder12 You should come back to Halo Mondays. Big Team Super Fiesta has actually made BTB fun in H5.
  • adamasunder12 11 Jun 2019 16:59:17 586 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @Ror I'm actually sans console at the moment mate even though I'm fairly sure I have an active game pass membership.

Looking to get a cheap S around September so I'll get back to Halo Mondays then.
  • Ror 11 Jun 2019 18:07:41 18,808 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @adamasunder12 Ah, fair. Well, you know when and where we are ;)
  • ChiefGB 11 Jun 2019 18:18:39 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really liked halo 4, 5 ive never actually completed but have tried about 3 times or so. Not using xb1 as main console for so long also meant I wasn’t being reminded about it all the time.
  • Derblington 12 Jun 2019 10:16:35 31,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.