Forza Horizon 4 Page 24

• Scimarad 11 Oct 2018 12:18:29 9,528 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What was going on with that Delta Wing Challenge? Did they not have permission to use an actual Vulcan or something? "Race this generic delta wing bomber" didn't really have the same appeal.
  • WladTapas 11 Oct 2018 12:52:16 15 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    I'm saving cash to get the 5 million together for the house that doubles Forzathon rewards. That looks like it should pay dividends in the long run.
    Incidentally, that is the house that is given to VIPs freely, in addition to the starter house everyone gets.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 12:57:24 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @WladTapas Really? Because I have the VIP pass but don't have that house. Mind you, haven't tried actually buying it yet.
  • WladTapas 11 Oct 2018 13:01:25 15 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rogueywon Yeah. Try driving there and see what happens - I think you had to visit it physically.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 13:22:05 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @WladTapas Yes, you're probably right. I suspect that the only time I've been past it, I was doing a barrel-roll in a Koenisegg, so I'll pop by properly tonight and see if it gifts it to me.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 13:31:49 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rogueywon When you visit it you still have to click purchase, but it'll say that it's free when you get to the relevant screen.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 14:26:14 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll On the one hand, this is very good news.

On the other hand, I've been saving up for that damned house all week, when I could have been sitting back and enjoying my double points all along.

Ah well, I've still got 3.5 mill or so to spend on something else now.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 14:42:57 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rogueywon Buy 3 hypercars and you're poor again:)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 15:00:10 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Might be too late now - but worth noting that the Peugeot rally car available as the weekly Forzathon purchase is really, really, really good for skill point farming. It has an inherent bonus to all skill scores and the unlockable bonuses also greatly increase skillchain values.

I was fairly easily able to nab a 1.1 million skillchain using it.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 15:03:48 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I already own that Peugeot - think it was a wheel spin - really would prefer to only get exposed to the slower cars during the first few hours of the game in order to have a more sensible progression curve. But Forza seems to do this all the time, you barely start and the first car in your garage is already some OP monster.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 15:18:46 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Yeah I already own that Peugeot - think it was a wheel spin - really would prefer to only get exposed to the slower cars during the first few hours of the game in order to have a more sensible progression curve. But Forza seems to do this all the time, you barely start and the first car in your garage is already some OP monster.
    One thing I'd like for future titles would be greatly increased rewards from racing, but the removal of cars from wheelspins. I think I'd prefer to go back to the older CarPG model where you build up your own garage, rather than just using whatever the wheelspins throw your way. I've only bought one car so far, which was for a Forzathon weekly challenge.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 15:29:50 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah same here. I always end up with a collection of cars that I wouldn't normally go for.

Or they could just make it easier to sell cars, say at a 50-75% of the original value - that way you could at least gain some quick and easy coin (TM SpaceMonkey) while keeping your garage the way you want to (including no duplicates).

Really not a fan of the auction system, as there's no guarantee your car gets sold (remember that awful Final Fantasy wagon in FH3? The auction house was awash with those). Likewise, I tried to buy some unique cars in FH3 via the auction house before, the 'buy now' prices were either ridiculously high or I kept getting gazumped. Not fun and wasting too much time from playing the actual game.
  • Andee 11 Oct 2018 16:02:25 1,016 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd never really used the auction house in Forza games before, but due to the 300k drift car price bug for Games Pass folk I thought I'd have a look.

Surprised how cheap stuff sells for. Managed to get most of the drift cars for 30-40k, saving about 2.7m credits for the entire pack.
  • ModoX 11 Oct 2018 20:09:11 3,378 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This might be the first week I don't buy the FE Forzathon car... bloody slow Land Rover, what's the point?
  • askew 11 Oct 2018 20:12:15 18,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :D But it looks so cool in its camo /s
  • WladTapas 11 Oct 2018 20:56:46 15 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's an S1 Land Rover, an awesome little cannonball of destruction! I got it from a wheelspin earlier.

I decided to splash 2 mil on Fairlawn Manor, partly for the fast travel unlock, partly for 10 sweet super wheelspins. I got a lot of useless horns and emotes, 770k in cash... and the 4.5 million Lambo. Pretty good house investment. :D
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 21:20:28 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So yes, when I went to buy that house it was free. Double points ahoy!
  • askew 11 Oct 2018 21:35:15 18,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Forgive me if Iím being a bit slow, but Iíve got a feeling one of the expansions is going to be m0t0rb1k35Ö
  • Andee 12 Oct 2018 06:01:44 1,016 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bikes would be nice, but I don't see it as being too likely, as it would require a fair amount of work for a new physics engine. As far as I'm aware, the Horizon engine borrows heavily from the Motorsport series (albeit with some tweaks), so I can't see Playground Games as being the one to start the bike thing.

I've frequently seen Goodwood mentioned as a possible expansion, as the Forza team were there recording engine sounds and the McLaren promo thing for Horizon 4.
  • KnuttinAtoll 12 Oct 2018 06:50:44 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But Goodwood is only a short stretch of road, possibly a single circuit (my only exposure of Goodwood related content was Gran Turismo 6 and an Assetto Corsa mod). Would be a bit weak to be honest unless there's something I'm missing.
  • Andee 12 Oct 2018 07:37:11 1,016 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I didn't realise initially, but it's a rather large place. There's a rally stage at Goodwood also, and apparently an old race circuit too. Also has an airfield and golf course which would work for playground locations. Theory being (from the Forza forums anyway) that the expansion would use the entire estate, allowing the space for plenty of off-road and rally stages.

Wouldn't be that keen on it though. Ideally would like to see something completely different in the style of the Horizon 3 expansions.
  • KnuttinAtoll 12 Oct 2018 07:42:48 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah I see. Yeah as I said previously any DLC set in the UK wouldn't really feel distinct enough, and the game already features the landmarks you mention so it'd be more of the same really.

Still hoping for a location outside the UK just to add some variety.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Oct 2018 09:07:20 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Winter-week is going to be annoying, isn't it? Can basically forget about a lot of the speed traps/zones and danger signs for a week.
  • X201 12 Oct 2018 09:17:03 18,747 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's good, you can use the snow drifts to get fast travel boards that you can't get at any other time of year.

Also there's a barn find on the lake
  • KnuttinAtoll 12 Oct 2018 09:19:27 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I actually started to miss Winter after the prologue. But then I also got sick of it after a few hours.

Really hope they're shortening the seasons rotation period, although that wouldn't really work well with the season specific events/rewards.

Suppose this is only a real issue if you play this every day;)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Oct 2018 09:27:13 4,679 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    It's good, you can use the snow drifts to get fast travel boards that you can't get at any other time of year.

Assuming you mean bonus boards? I had all of the fast travel boards done shortly after the switch-over to Autumn.

The only awkward fast travel boards are the one on the church roof (keep doing danger signs until it unlocks the ramp) and the one on the railway track in the far north (drive to the other side of the viaduct to get on the railway, then backtrack for ages along the tracks).
  • Andee 12 Oct 2018 09:41:00 1,016 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Winter-week is going to be annoying, isn't it? Can basically forget about a lot of the speed traps/zones and danger signs for a week.
    Yeah I think that is a fairly big problem. Assuming summer has best traction, then there's only one week per month where you can get a decent go at that stuff.

Too complex perhaps, but I'd like to have seen them split the map into 4 quarters, with a separate season in each, rotating every week. It would fit the whole '4 seasons in a day' saying the UK is known for, and would allow for greater variation in gameplay.
  • BOFH_UK 12 Oct 2018 09:53:14 208 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll Wondering if they'd do the Isle of Man. Links to motorsport (albeit more bikes than cars), nice separate location to make integration easier ala blizzard mountain, mix of terrain and a different feel than the rest of the current map.

Of course I'm still holding out hope we get a decent slice of Wales added in! For all the extra verticality of the FH4 map feels like there's scope to go a bit more extreme and the principality would work well for that. Plus Cardiff would make for some fabulous courses while being a nice counterpoint to the architecture of Edinburgh.
  • hedben2013 12 Oct 2018 10:09:54 853 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    X201 wrote:

Assuming you mean bonus boards? I had all of the fast travel boards done shortly after the switch-over to Autumn.

The only awkward fast travel boards are the one on the church roof (keep doing danger signs until it unlocks the ramp) and the one on the railway track in the far north (drive to the other side of the viaduct to get on the railway, then backtrack for ages along the tracks).
    I unlocked the one on top of a church when the ramp appeared during a Forzathon Live- had no idea you could do it with danger signs. I did think it was a bit fiendish of them to force you to do it in a Forzathon... and it had to be done in 1 or 2 tries before everyone beat the score and moved to the next event.
  • KnuttinAtoll 12 Oct 2018 10:11:59 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BOFH_UK would IoM be that much different though visually? Never been there but from watching some TT coverage in the past it doesn't seem to stand out too much.

London has also been mentioned here but that would mean 100% city map, and while I think they did a good job with Edinburgh, that part of the map is my least favourite (similar to FH3's Surfers Paradise, although Edinburgh is much more fun and better looking compared to that).

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.