Forza Horizon 4 Page 31

• DUFFMAN5 20 Dec 2018 13:45:30 24,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hottodz wrote:
    Hey all Iím back :) ..... so has anyone done all the treasure chests ?
    With a new hair-do ?
    ;)
  • BOFH_UK 10 Jan 2019 10:42:05 231 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @FredClintstone Looks like Free for All Adventure mode adds back in the Forza Horizon 3 way of doing adventures by ditching the team stuff so players competing individually. Replaces the "Anything goes" option in the Online Adventures tab. Can't find any mention of offline mode though.

Other than that mostly looks like bug fixes and a few quality of life updates. Handful of Wheel Fixes look a bit more important, hopefully that'll help for those who use 'em.
  • BOFH_UK 10 Jan 2019 10:42:05 231 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • X201 10 Jan 2019 12:45:34 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hopefully the drift challenges will be tweaked down a bit.

There's something wrong when you can be in the top 30% but still haven't three starred a challenge.
  • X201 10 Jan 2019 12:48:35 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    15th Jan Patch notes:

New Features

Free-For-All Adventure

This update adds a brand-new way to play Online Adventure, where players compete individually. Available in both Ranked and Unranked modes, this new game mode can be found in the Online Adventure tab, replacing ďAnything GoesĒ.

Cross Platform fixes

Added Racing Series, Creator and Title filters to Event Blueprint searching.
    Added the ability to view all the eligible cars for a Trial or Seasonal Championship.
    Resolved issue where Drivatar names could be duplicated in events.
    Fixed issue where a certain tune on the Forza Edition Caterham would cause graphical issues.
    Fixed a bug where changing units to metric caused issues with the route length indicator during route creation.
    Fixed an issue where turning off rewind in difficulty menu would prevent users from being able to rewind during route creation.
    Fixed an issue where disabling car lights would not also disable the reverse lights.
    Fixed an issue where flipped or snapped elements on an imported livery would unflip if ungrouped.
    Fixed visual issues caused by Santa outfit and Reindeer nose.
    Prevented damage being applied to player car when restarting British Racing Green: Chapter 10.
    Improved visibility of Street Race event finish lines.
    Fixed issue where downloading your own design via Creative Hub or the curated designs menu would not allow you to edit it.
    Fixed an issue where leaving and rejoining a convoy during a #Forzathon Live event would allow users to collide with each other when they shouldnít.
    Fixed an issue where passing through a Danger Sign twice in quick succession would cause all other PR stunts to stop working.
    Fixed an issue where Drivatars could win a co-op Seasonal Championship, despite scoring fewer points.
    Fixed an issue where the Speed Trap near the train bridge could be exploited.
    Fixed an issue where invalid performance ranges could be displayed on event flyers.
    Fixed an issue where player prestige level would not be shown in pre-race leaderboards in Online Adventure.
    Improvements to stutters.
    Various stability improvements.

PC Fixes

No PC specific fixes.

Xbox Fixes

No Xbox specific fixes.

Wheel Fixes

Fixed issue where Average Slip Damper was not working on wheels that required inverse FFB.
    Fixed issue where center spring in FFB would remain on while in the air.
    Fixed issue where spring effect would trigger when driving through water, even if set to OFF
    Improved rumble and FFB feedback on wheels.
    Fixed an issue with the UI for the Thrustmaster T150, where buttons were displaying incorrectly.
    Fixed issue where controller mappings for a second device were not being saved.
    Fixed an issue with the Thrustmaster TS WX Racer competition mod, where setting the steering Axis Deadzone Outside to below 50 made it impossible to drive the car.
  • X201 15 Jan 2019 08:38:42 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    In today's update.

Mitsubishi are back, new free car pack.(7 cars)
    New story mission - Isha's Taxis

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh4_series5
  • b-rk 15 Jan 2019 11:53:12 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    According to my Xbox I have the Ďultimateí edition installed. Does that include this fortune island thing? The store wants 35 quid for it, or at least that seems the cheapest dlc bundle. Itís all quite confusing. Dlc should be included with game pass imo, on Microsoft published games anyway.
  • KnuttinAtoll 15 Jan 2019 11:56:34 7,345 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @b-rk It does. Go into your downloads or apps section, you may have to install it there (I remember I had to manually 'push it' to be able to access it - stupid store as always).
  • X201 15 Jan 2019 12:00:51 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ultimate Edition includes Fortune Island and the next expansion and other stuff. Everything basically.

Not sure how it works on Xbox, but my PC version sorted it out without me needing to download anything.

The Microsoft Store is abysmal though.
  • KnuttinAtoll 15 Jan 2019 12:06:32 7,345 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Am on PC, and it wasn't as smooth unfortunately. It downloaded something at the time of release, so I assumed I will see the Fortune Island icon on the map. Nope.
  • BOFH_UK 15 Jan 2019 13:01:48 231 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @X201 Good to see the supply of Black Cabs will be going up in the very near future! Always found it slightly odd that one of the most well known British cars was locked away behind (seemingly very rare) wheelspin wins. It'll be a magnificent sight having a dozen of 'em jumping around the sand dunes! Plus another business is welcome to keep credits ticking over to fund the 'I'm sure this will be a good idea' upgrade fund. Shame you can't use your own cars though, suspect some passengers would be a tad shocked at how quickly they arrived! Mitsubishi seeing sense is overdue but nice to see them gifting a bunch of cars as a result.

To be honest the only thing I really want to see they haven't already done is some further improvements to stability in multiplayer and resiliency to the game being put in background. The number of times I've gone back in and found the sound has dropped out requiring a restart of the game is just silly... Another playground arena would be welcome at some point too but that's probably being greedy.
  • b-rk 15 Jan 2019 13:18:40 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Am on PC, and it wasn't as smooth unfortunately. It downloaded something at the time of release, so I assumed I will see the Fortune Island icon on the map. Nope.
    Unless the game gives you that annoying af ad even if you do have the dlc then it hasnít downloaded anything on the pc version for me. Will see whatís what on the Xbox later on.
  • b-rk 15 Jan 2019 13:46:06 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Traveled to the dlc location on Xbox but itís asking me to buy it. What the fuck.
  • KD 15 Jan 2019 13:51:36 2,112 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @BOFH_UK Just go back to the desktop and switch your audio device to get audio back, I had it too until I upgraded my motherboard and now I dont get it anymore but no need to restart the game to fix it.
  • Andee 15 Jan 2019 14:02:12 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    Traveled to the dlc location on Xbox but itís asking me to buy it. What the fuck.
    Check what's installed in the 'manage game' section (press start button on the game tile, and select manage game). It'll show all dlc you own, and what's installed or ready to be downloaded.

I often find that even if you have ultimate/deluxe type editions of games, the content doesn't get installed automatically and you have to do it from there.
  • b-rk 15 Jan 2019 14:19:07 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just says Forza 4 and Formula something pack. 😒
  • Spectral 15 Jan 2019 14:41:12 6,278 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I had the ultimate version of FH3 and all that did was basically mark all the content it contained as owned on the store. I had to find it on there and download it manually.
  • b-rk 15 Jan 2019 14:51:34 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Doing that now.
  • BOFH_UK 15 Jan 2019 15:06:26 231 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @KD Difficulty: Xbox. Swapping the motherboard (or, indeed, any other component) is a tad tricky... Might actually be a way to solve it but by the time I've gone through the dashboard to get to the audio settings might as well just reset the game.
  • KD 15 Jan 2019 16:12:09 2,112 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @BOFH_UK Shit, I assumed pc ofc.
  • b-rk 15 Jan 2019 16:35:06 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I deleted the game and downloaded the ultimate edition from the store but it still isnít listing anything other than the base game and the formula drift pack. Sigh.
  • Andee 15 Jan 2019 18:12:47 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That seems a bit strange, as if you have the ultimate edition then the content should be listed either in the installed or ready to install sections.

With that not being the case, it'd seem the content isn't recognised as being linked to your account, so probably need to be a case of contacting MS support. I have heard of something similar happening before (different game though iirc), and MS sorted it quickly.
  • whatthefu 15 Jan 2019 18:36:34 1,233 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I didn't originally think the DLC was included with game pass but it seems to be now. I'm downloading a 3.75GB update now
  • Spectral 15 Jan 2019 18:40:32 6,278 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    I didn't originally think the DLC was included with game pass but it seems to be now. I'm downloading a 3.75GB update now
    Pretty sure the DLC isn't included in game pass.
  • whatthefu 15 Jan 2019 18:59:51 1,233 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah I saw the gamepass logo on the store, but it's advertising that you get £1.50 off the DLC if you have gamepass. Oh well
  • BOFH_UK 16 Jan 2019 09:58:54 231 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ran through the new Taxi story last night. Definitely the easiest one I've run across so far (once you realise going to the map pauses the timer anyway so finding shortcuts is trivial). Simple enough missions, nothing standout but most are decent and with the exception of the last one there's not a huge amount of wasted time getting from the business to the punter pickup point. Rewards aren't spectacular though you should more-or-less earn your initial 100k buy-in back by the end even with poor wheelspins.

Of course the big draw is the Taxi and I was somewhat surprised to see the amount of upgrade options available for this thing. Tops out somewhere in the low S2 range and while not exactly Hoonigan RS200 territory it's halfway decent. Definitely taking an S1 variant into PlayGround Games at some point as another addition to my 'what the hell was that' fleet. Oh, and while still rare they do pop up on the auction house now. Base car without mods goes for up to 22k, specced up it can be just over 100,000.
  • X201 22 Jan 2019 14:16:05 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finally finished the Drift Zones in the main game last night.
    they were more a chore than and enjoyable part of the game.

Judging by the stats, a vast majority of people haven't three starred them.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 22 Jan 2019 14:37:36 6,151 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @X201 Aye, they misjudged the difficulty of those. I three-starred them all after somebody here pointed me at the third-gear trick, but they are massively harder than anything else in the game.

Interesting that the ones in the first expansion are so much easier. I pretty much one-shot all of those, not even bothering to use a drift-tuned car for half of them. Guess they realised the dropped the ball on the tuning of the ones in the original game. Not sure why they haven't patched them.
  • askew 23 Jan 2019 16:51:26 19,536 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hmm. Am I misunderstanding the current Weekly Challenges, or is there a bug?

- 1000 Corners. Hop in your modern rally car and use it to achieve a podium finish in a Dirt Racing Series event at the Gauntlet.

Right. I got in my Impreza WRX STI and won the race. It doesn't show as completed.

- Road Closed. Time to put that speed to the test! Earn a total of 15 stars from Danger Signs with your Modern Rally car

Well, I've not done 15, but I've certainly hit a fair few. Again, completion is 0/15.

In fact, the only one it says I've completed is

- Nimble As A Deer. Own and drive any Modern Rally car

Gah.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.