Forza Horizon 4 Page 32

• X201 23 Jan 2019 17:04:48 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @askew You need to complete the preceding challenge "It's The Smell" before you can complete the following challenges.
  • askew 23 Jan 2019 18:41:53 19,536 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    @askew You need to complete the preceding challenge "It's The Smell" before you can complete the following challenges.
    Oh.

/facepalm
  • Saucy 23 Jan 2019 19:41:36 2,773 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Iíve always found the prescriptive order frustrating!
  • X201 23 Jan 2019 23:27:16 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    One more thing to add to my minor gripe list.

When I turn the radio off, leave the bloody thing off, donít turn it back on at every stage of the mission.

Last mission in Ishaís Taxis Iím looking at you!
  • Andee 25 Jan 2019 05:33:05 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Disappointing that it still seems to have quite a few issues yet. Engine sounds still glitch at times when online, and had a few occasions of pop up messages being stuck on screen, requiring a reboot to fix.

Hoped they'd be fixed by now but the online modes are still a mess. Still no vote choice for car selction? They'd had that since Horizon 1. S1 and S2 races seem the most common, but no fun inthe checkpoint races when folk are keen to barge you out the way, and even then, if you choose to use rewind after missing a flag it still respawns your car at full speed just at the point you were going to miss the flag anyway.

Still, managed 100+ hours so far, but not even close to the quality of H1 or H3.
  • GoatApocalypse 25 Jan 2019 20:38:59 5,768 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Um, stupid question, but when they ring me to tell me my Barn Find is fixed... How do I actually get to use it?
  • X201 25 Jan 2019 20:51:25 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Go to the Barn Finds option on the menu

Edited by X201 at 20:52:29 25-01-2019
  • KD 25 Jan 2019 23:46:05 2,112 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I like the new ranked mode for online, only started after the latest patch myself but finding the free for all loads of fun. Getting a few cars sorted for the right class and race type makes life a lot easier but thanks to whoever mentioned the Hoonigan RS200, that thing is a monster.
  • freddymercurystwin 27 Jan 2019 02:50:37 1,694 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    OK a bit late to the game here and really I bought the game for my boy but I have a go myself when I can be arsed but are we doing something wrong here, when racing I can seemingly be in say third place, miss a checkpoint and then respawned to twelth place? What gives?
  • Andee 27 Jan 2019 05:21:05 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If it's on single player, then you can press 'Y' to rewind the race to the point before you missed the checkpoint. If you leave it to respawn though, then the race is still going on in real time, so you'll lose a lot of places. Worth being aware that for most events you don't need finish first (or even podium iirc) for them to count as complete.

If it's when playing online though, then you really are best just to wait for the respawn due to the rewind placement issue.
  • GoatApocalypse 27 Jan 2019 07:25:02 5,768 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have gotten into this massively in the last week or so. I cannot for the life of me control any of the top-end cars, or cars I've maxed out. Just too damn fast.
  • Andee 27 Jan 2019 07:47:37 1,027 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RWD cars on Forza at the upper end of the PI limit have always been tough to control. Might well need to enable traction control, or alternatively look at 4WD/AWD setups.
  • KD 27 Jan 2019 17:39:38 2,112 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just look for tunes with high ratings and read the bit at the top left to say if it's drag or whatever.

Only takes a minute and makes them good for online in most cases.
  • X201 6 Feb 2019 16:15:54 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The update the other day did the following:

Storage Increase

The number of cars you can store in your Garage has increased to 750
    The number of Designs you can store has increased to 500
    The number of Vinyl Groups you can store has increased to 500
    The number of Tuning Setups you can store has increased to 500
    The number of photos you can store has increased to 150

Multiplayer Community Championships

Seasonal Championships featuring community-made routes can now be played in Co-Op and PvP.
  • tenofspades 14 Feb 2019 08:24:38 1,774 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    some stunning artists worked on Forza Horizon 4. Beautiful game.
  • crispyduckman 26 Apr 2019 01:18:23 1,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can someone please let this old timer into the EGXF club? I'm absolutely loving playing this and SoT online. Thanks! GT: crispyduckman
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Apr 2019 06:48:43 24,777 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @crispyduckman
    Started this yesterday after downloading from gamepass. Only played 30 mins but as expected it looks lovely. I have the previous 3 games and love the series, however racing is one of the genres I have real trouble getting into.

I also downloaded the Crew2 "free weekend" to have a go. I have lots of love for Ubi and they way they go about things, but after only a few races, not feeling if. It is playable (with cheveos) until Monday, so I will prob try again, but don't think it is for me. I hated the one flying race I have been in, I can never control planes in game!

...so two games on the go that I really have no business in playing!
  • crispyduckman 26 Apr 2019 09:21:50 1,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5
    Crew 2 is terrible compared to FH4 imo. Handling is king in racing games and FH4 destroys C2. I actually preferred the handling in the original Crew over its sequel. It had a heavy Driver type cinematic feel. C2 is more Need For Speed and not in the good way.

Stick with FH4 for a bit. It grows on you. Team online adventures are awesome once you get the hang of the game modes and have pre selected and upgraded a section of your own garage cars for each event type. With friends it's an absolute blast.

Triarii and I jumped in some off roaders and had an awesome time just exploring random bits of the map together in freeroam.

Imo, I think MS are the kings of games as a service with SoT and FH4. Their core focus seems to be on giving people great social experiences, rather than just building an addictive loot grind. I'm sure Rare and Turn 10 are both working to that brief, whether it comes from MS or just their own leadership. Both have also iterated their products remarkably well pre and post launch. Take note Bioware, this is how you fucking do it! Hopefully 343 have the same focus and manage to nail it just as well in the next Halo.

Also, playing FH4 in 4k HDR ultra at 60 fps on PC is pant wettingly sexy af.

Hit me up for a game if you see me online. Like many other GaaS, it can be helpful to have a buddy show you the ropes.
  • KD 26 Apr 2019 09:44:39 2,112 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They patched in a ranked mode for online, got to do 10 championships to qualify but you get some rewards like Forza edition cars. The following seasons it's just 1 championship to qualify.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 26 Apr 2019 09:47:05 6,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    For those who might find crispyduckman's post offputting, I'd emphasise that it is a perfectly good game even if you ignore all the GaaS stuff and just play it as a singleplayer game.
  • kosigan 26 Apr 2019 10:28:39 697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 - the flying does take some getting used to in The Crew 2, but it's good when you do. I've done everything in it prior to the latest update and I'll do that stuff too. Not got FH4 as I've not seen it in a sale yet.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 26 Apr 2019 11:00:04 3,541 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    For those who might find crispyduckman's post offputting, I'd emphasise that it is a perfectly good game even if you ignore all the GaaS stuff and just play it as a singleplayer game.
    I have only been playing it single player, in between other games. Got it on recent cheap game pass deals for PC. Never felt the need to even look at the online stuff though. Annoying that it doesn't seem to have an easy way to have a second profile on Windows though as my son wants to play but we have to share a profile this way.
  • welshben1982 26 Apr 2019 12:16:53 1,297 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Offputting? crispyduckman is totally correct, The Crew 2 is terrible compared to FH4. The driving is worse than the original for some cars, how they managed that I just do not know, the boats handle truly hideously & the planes are just so boring.
  • KD 26 Apr 2019 13:11:09 2,112 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx log out of the Xbox app in settings in the app itself. You can then log in and play it as another profile. Keeping signed in on the windows store and may need to add your son to the windows family sharing stuff.

I do it to juggle profiles so 2 xboxs and a pc can play same time off one account.
  • crispyduckman 26 Apr 2019 14:04:04 1,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Rogueywon Definitely! It's GaaS done well - MP or SP. Having said that, imo the SP progression in FH3 was maybe a little better if you were resolutely SP only (I did have VIP though).

In FH4, even if the SP eclipses every other arcade racing game out there, there's the niggling feeling that you're not getting 100% of the SP value unless you at least occasionally dabble in the MP.

For me, this is most apparent in relation to the cosmetic rewards - totally pointless in SP but so much fun in MP! Now that I've got a few trusty cars that cover all my racing requirements, all I want is more hats!
  • crispyduckman 26 Apr 2019 23:09:16 1,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @multicolouredpoopoo Agreed. Tbh, all they had to do was give me that amazing map of the US and a well modelled Ford Mustang, maybe a GT too, and literally nothing else. No races, events or AI opponents. No fucking boats or planes. I'd pay the full £50 just to drive around the States listening to Spotify. A bonus would be if it ran at 4k 60fps on my machine, like FH4, instead of the slideshow that it does run at. Seriously disappointing.
  • voden 26 Apr 2019 23:34:37 741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought the Crew 2 was pretty good. I had loads of fun driving around that map, had to change some settings to make it feel better though. Nice and easy platinum as well. Obviously there's no comparison with this, especially on the X or PC at 60 fps.
  • crispyduckman 29 Apr 2019 18:25:26 1,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @voden I think my disdain for Crew 2 really just comes from my love of Crew 1. Pretty similar to the way I felt about Fable 3 after the incredible time I had with Fable 2. Yeah, they're good games but they both lost the magic of their predecessors imo.

Also, great games last night. Have I convinced you to go cockpit view with no racing line permanently? It's probably not for everyone but I'm soooo happy T10 made it playable that way. I switched it on for a few days to be more competitive in MP but it's a completely different experience that way and I'm not keen - even if it means I lose a few places in the results.

I might have to start a cockpit + no line FH4 club! What, no takers? Hmm...
  • voden 30 Apr 2019 09:20:47 741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea some fun races! Cockpit is certainly fun and more playable than I thought and the 60 fps helps for sure. It's a nice change, I did some online races like that yesterday as well. Still though 3rd person is also fun in Horizon and seeing around the car helps with all the nutters.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.