Trials Rising Page 7

• DangerousDave_87 4 Mar 2019 12:46:48 6,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd be finding this game a grind if I wasn't so compelled to go back and complete challenges that keep popping up. I've only just unlocked the second lot of European tracks.

I'm level 52 and I've had the Mantis for what feels like an age, but have only really needed to use it with these latest tracks.
  • Graxlar_v3 4 Mar 2019 13:20:21 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 Thing is, i did 8 events at lunch (in half hour - it is alot quicker going through them when you are less concerned about getting gold) and i went up 1 level. All 8 were medium difficulty.
  • Rhaegyr 4 Mar 2019 13:29:08 5,201 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agree with the general consensus - the tracks are fantastic, certainly a lot better than Fusion. The University is great too.

The map and ESPECIALLY the 'race against four people' thing they've got going on is fluff I didn't really want. Load times are a bit longer than usual too.
  • Deleted user 4 March 2019 15:22:49
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @ComradePete can you not do cross platform friends list using uplay?
    Doesn't seem to work like that at the moment.

Anyway, I don't want booped's times to appear - he's about 15th in the UK at the moment! At least at the moment I've got something achievable to aim for :p
  • Sharz 4 Mar 2019 16:25:32 1,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good lord the micro transactions get on my wick. Love so many elements of this but they really want to ruin it with loot crates and two types of currency.

Never got into Fusion because I bought it on PC and didn't feel right (Only because live is where played Trials HD all those years ago) . Got Rising on the Xbox and it feels great but stop reminding me of 2019 games with all the crap.

Case in point I have one victory animation (mooning) which I utterly hate but it won't let me select any of the others as it wants me to spend acorns. Atleast let me turn off victory animations or something.
  • Graxlar_v3 4 Mar 2019 18:50:50 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So this is markedly easier second time round huh... I just beat my time on a course using the helium... by 20 seconds
  • Woodythecowboy 4 Mar 2019 20:40:25 4 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Loving the game for the sections I have been playing, ignored the challenges mostly and just played the tracks over and over like I did with other trials games.

I will say the stadiums are a bitch, the loot boxes are pointless and the backflip contracts can fuck off!

But the tracks are awesome, great playing with the old lot again for leaderboard positions, just unlocked the hard tracks so hoping to get higher than top 15%.

If any new players want to add Iím crwoody on Xbox live.
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Mar 2019 07:20:07 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Level 53 skill game gifts oh a platinum. I got it on my first attempt.
  • Poorandugly 5 Mar 2019 07:28:40 631 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nice one, Graxlar!

I'm hooked on the "climb as high as you can" skill game, spent way too many hours on that one. Nowhere near a platinum though.
  • DangerousDave_87 5 Mar 2019 08:10:43 6,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Which one is that? The last one I unlocked was the one with the explosive barrels between numbered ramps. Took a few goes just to get gold.
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Mar 2019 08:19:24 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 the one after that. It auto accelerates for you and you just need to position the bike correctly.
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Mar 2019 08:59:22 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ok... hit lvl 55. The B ranked contracts in the university are beyond my ability (timed ugh). I have apparently unlocked red bull contracts but don't know where to find them. The stadium finals are also beyond me.

I am on a helium race with 60 seconds completion time and you need to spend 25 seconds in the air which is pretty brutal :(.

Can anyone tell me how many hard/extreme tracks there are in this? I kinda wanna gauge how much more there is in this.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 08:59:37 05-03-2019
  • Ironlungs_76 5 Mar 2019 10:39:42 177 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    :D@Woodythecowboy

Eh up woody! Will add you tonight, not been on XBL for ages so my friends list is somewhat decimated and the "ghost of gartt" keeps whooping my arse (as always)
    :D
  • Lukree 5 Mar 2019 10:50:19 545 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The tracks have been actually great so far! So fun when the tracks match to country theme. Just unlocked Mantis.
  • Woodythecowboy 5 Mar 2019 12:55:22 4 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ironlungs_76 I knew there was a name missing from above me on the leaderboards. ;)
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Mar 2019 13:07:24 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wow the donkey sucks!
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Mar 2019 13:17:19 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ok... i am done with the game.

I am bored of all of these backlips and frontflips and wheelie and air time challanges and my xp bar doesnt seem to be moving anymore (lvl 55 1/2)

If they fix progression i will come back but i am not doing anymore grinding.
  • Poorandugly 5 Mar 2019 14:41:46 631 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah the xp grind is a strange design decision. Surely you "grind" to get a better time on a track, not to get xp. Now they've made it so that if you only play to get good times, your progression is slowed and you feel like you'd be better of doing something else (contracts) instead.

Whyyyy?
  • DangerousDave_87 5 Mar 2019 15:21:26 6,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's no benefit to having a levelling system and I can understand all the complaints. It's such a poor design choice. Fortunately the grinding hasn't really bothered me too much, as I've enjoyed doing these extra challenges. Even the donkey ones have been fun. It helps with getting more familiar with the tracks and I've even bagged a few platinum medals for doing so.

There's a great game hiding in here. Most of the tracks have been top notch and you can even pick out your friend's ghosts for each track from the leaderboard menus. It's just everything else about the game is naff. The level select screen, the crates, the gear, the shoddy customisation options, the XP system, the stadium events and the music.

At least I've discovered that the game doesn't need to run at 60fps to be perfectly playable. That and analog control works fine as well.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 15:22:09 05-03-2019
  • booped 6 Mar 2019 06:01:09 421 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The contracts actually become a fun distraction from trying to get fast times once you have finished the grind to get tracks.

The whole contract grind to open tracks just gives them a bad first impression and it is a strange design choice.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Mar 2019 06:39:13 10,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I like the contracts.... I just donít like being forced to do them.
  • LFace 6 Mar 2019 08:34:27 116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So having played all previous Trials games and being addicted to them, I finally bought this but agree with everything said in here. The tracks are still amazingly fun but everything else is janky. The interface is abysmally cluttered and unnecessary.
    I've stopped opening loot crates because they take so long to actual open and contain nothing I care about.

One thing that seriously bothers me though and I haven't come across it as of yet in comments or reviews, is the tracks themselves sometimes stutter midway through like the engine is streaming in new assets at a certain point. This is a serious flaw and should not happen in a tight physics racer such as Trials.

I'm on a PS4 Pro and tried moving the game from external storage to internal and it's the same.

Is it just me? Anybody else suffer this jank?
  • Poorandugly 6 Mar 2019 08:35:37 631 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @booped Perhaps you're right. I have all the hard tracks now and don't really care what the extreme ones look like. Think I'll just enjoy the game and ignore the xp entirely from now on.
  • Poorandugly 6 Mar 2019 08:38:54 631 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @LFace I have it on both pc and switch because I am an addict/idiot and can't get enough. I get the mid level loading thing occasionally on the switch but not on pc.
  • LFace 6 Mar 2019 11:50:20 116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @FussyDuck Cheers matey. Such a janky experience with this game. It doesn't even look like it takes advantage of the Pro at all. No HDR, doesn't look from playing to be above 1080p but I could be wrong there. Hopefully DF do an analysis.
  • Sharz 6 Mar 2019 11:52:42 1,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For the stutter does it help if you run it off a SSD either internal or external?
  • LFace 6 Mar 2019 12:16:01 116 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    No idea about SSD. I'm using the stock drive that came with the pro, and an external 2Tb drive for the bulk of games I have installed.

Cant justify slapping an SSD into the console at present... and this game shouldn't need one, its hardly taxing.
  • waggy79 6 Mar 2019 15:08:30 2,325 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I know its already been mentioned and is subjective but this is the first game in pretty much ever ive had to turn off the music. It all sounds the same and the track list seems very small.

Would be good if the music kind of went with the courses in some way, kind of like Gigatrack in Evo.
    Loved that course.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.