Trials Rising Page 8

• HighlandPete 6 Mar 2019 15:19:41 618 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @waggy79

Most of the music from HD & evo is available in the editor so you should get some track central ones using it.

Won't help you with the main game though, no live for Motorhead or Jurassic 5? :(

Still not unlocked the extremes yet, on the second lot of hard tracks so maybe not too far away.

Got a diamond medal \o/ on a skill game...
  • waggy79 6 Mar 2019 15:36:07 2,295 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ComradePete No problem with motorhead, it just seems to repeat so frequently. Didnt know about previous games music in the editor though so thanks.
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Mar 2019 23:57:33 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Level 75 and I've beaten all but one of the hard tracks. I thin I've only unlocked 7 or 8 of them, but I get the feeling its the Extreme tracks that are unlocked next, rather than a few more hard ones. It'll be a shame if that is the case. Whilst the medium tracks have been good fun, it's the hard tracks that are ther most fun to play. Not impossible, but they require some thoughtful input to complete.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 23:57:43 10-03-2019
  • Poorandugly 11 Mar 2019 06:04:41 631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The extreme tracks unlock around lvl 90 I think. Apparently there are "ninja" tracks as well, if you get gold on all the tracks. Nowhere near that myself...

Agree the hard tracks are the most fun. Think they are the same amount of tracks as the medium ones, with three stadiums.
  • Lukree 11 Mar 2019 08:16:19 545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm on level 52 I think and I have most of the tracks gold. And still there are tracks behind a xp wall??? When you replay one track for hours to perfect your time and you get no xp progress out of it, it seems pointless.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Mar 2019 11:03:23 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, it's all about those challenges. They tend to offer fairly significant XP increases. I think I went from level 70 to 74 in the space of an hour, but they have become increasingly difficult.

I also noticed that all these challenges count towards your fastest/best times on the leaderboards. You could easily exploit using the Helium with a 150% speed modifier to set records on some of the hardest tracks.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2019 11:06:38 10,217 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    i did the xp grind to 58 last weekend and have now gold/silvered the first tier of hard courses.

Something i have found out... times you earn whilst offline do not get uploaded when you get internet again. This seems like a massive oversight for the switch version and means almost none of my times are recorded on the online leaderboard :(.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 11:06:53 11-03-2019
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Mar 2019 11:08:42 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 That's a painful oversight, but clearly one developed with the other consoles in mind. I've not played Trials outside of the flat, but I have had to re-connect to the servers when undocking the console.
  • Lukree 11 Mar 2019 11:32:28 545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It would be nice to list my "best track times" or otherwise compare how I have performed on tracks. Or am I missing something?
  • LFace 11 Mar 2019 12:14:28 105 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I also noticed that all these challenges count towards your fastest/best times on the leaderboards. You could easily exploit using the Helium with a 150% speed modifier to set records on some of the hardest tracks.
    Jesus christ, really?
    What exactly have they done right with this release. The UI is janky and slow, the XP grind is shoe-horned in, challenges are there just to enforce longevity, loot-boxes are irrelevant, the game freezes mid-track for loading/network activity...

Did they hire new people who had never played a Trials game before to make this one. It has lost everything that made a Trials game enjoyable.

Edited by LFace at 12:14:54 11-03-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2019 12:15:11 10,217 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @LFace Tracks are good fun
  • LFace 11 Mar 2019 12:18:52 105 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 When not stuttering midway through..
  • booped 11 Mar 2019 12:43:52 421 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Times done with modifiers like 150% do not get uploaded to leaderboards, as far as I have seen
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Mar 2019 12:48:26 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @booped My best time, set within that challenge I mentioned, is currently on the leaderboard. Maybe it was a server error, but I shaved off about 20 seconds from my previous best, which was set with the standard Mantis.
  • booped 11 Mar 2019 15:40:01 421 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I would report that on RL forum if you feel so inclined, I think what should happen is the time is registered on the map and for any medals you may have got but not on the online leaderboards.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Mar 2019 22:40:42 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'll do just that. I checked it again this evening and it is that same time. I'm playing on Switch, which does occasionally suffer sever drops and full game crashes. Maybe that'll explain it.
  • DangerousDave_87 12 Mar 2019 20:54:16 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ooph. The second round of hard tracks are tough. Enjoying them very much, though. This is about the right difficult for me!

Also, I've only managed a B grade for the multiple bunny hops training. I've never been great with bunny hops and although I thin I understand the technique for multiples, I'm clearly either missing something or in great need of practice!
  • andytheadequate 15 Mar 2019 20:32:50 9,211 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How do I get my Uplay cross platform friends to appear on the friends leaderboards?

I have Booped, Gartt and Comrade Pete on my friends list, but they're not appearing.

Although I've only played for 2 hours so far so not sure I want to be comparing times yet (at least until I lock the good bike :D).

The performance issues on my laptop was caused by it trying to use the shitty inbuilt gpu. Managed to sort that issue out, and then had to turn on V-synch otherwise it ran pretty badly. Seems to run pretty nicely now though.
  • DangerousDave_87 15 Mar 2019 21:31:36 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Would also like to know about the cross party friends as I've only got Switch friends showing up at the moment. :(
  • booped 16 Mar 2019 00:38:05 421 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Although you would think cross platform leaderboards would mean cross platform friends it does not.
  • DangerousDave_87 16 Mar 2019 19:19:55 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That sucks. Cross platform leaderboards don't really mean much if your leaderboard is lacking in friends...

In other news, I've completed every extreme track, but Inferno 5. I managed to Gold one of them, but the rest are all Bronze. I've got a lot of work to do on those. I did beat 3 of them in portable mode, though! \o/
  • monkman76 16 Mar 2019 19:23:14 16,157 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm playing pretty much entirely in portable mode. Don't think it's much easier docked is it? Or are you on a Pro controller?
  • DangerousDave_87 16 Mar 2019 20:09:41 6,811 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm using pro at the moment, but I did most of the game with the Joy Con. Its easier to bunny hop with the Joy Con, but perhaps slightly easier handling throttle control with the Pro. Its a matter of preference, I suppose. I've beaten extreme tracks with both controllers, without any issues.
  • andytheadequate 17 Mar 2019 14:01:09 9,211 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm starting to post some half decent times on a few tracks now, although I've still not unlocked the best bike yet.

Love the look of the tracks, and they all flow really nicely. If I ever get to a section that seems a bit slow or awkward then its nearly always because there's an alternative route that I've missed.

Just a shame about the cross platform friends issue. Is there not a way of getting them to appear on the leaderboards?
  • HighlandPete 17 Mar 2019 16:10:39 618 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Unlocking stuff takes a while, do as many of the contracts as you can & buy the bmx & Donkey as they'll unlock more - it's a fair slog to unlock all the tracks though.

Tracks themselves are great, there's some great lines & timesavers to hit when you revisit them.

I asked about custom leaderboards on the redlynx forums, no answer yet - I don't see itvbeing a big technical issue so wonder if there's some other reason preventing it?
  • andytheadequate 17 Mar 2019 19:42:19 9,211 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Could be an issue with Sony or MS getting funny about it.

I was going to unlock them, but decided to pimp out my bike instead 😀
  • OllyJ 18 Mar 2019 07:55:56 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So, exactly when do I unlock the extreme tracks? I feel like I've got to a point where I can't do much more in the way of contracts as they are all hard or extreme and less fun than just finishing a track.

Damn this fucking XP grind, it's seriously putting me off any future Ubi titles.
  • waggy79 18 Mar 2019 08:07:26 2,295 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @OllyJ Yeah the progression in this is really strange. I've got gold on everything available and have loads of content locked until I level up.
    Replaying tracks gives the tiniest bit of xp. Don't see how this is an improvement on previous games.
  • OllyJ 18 Mar 2019 08:54:39 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @waggy79 Crazy isn't it, I seem to earn 200xp from a quite tough contract...or earn roughly the same for having a bad multiplayer game.

From what I have read on the forums and Twitter etc, is this is frustrating just about everyone, new to the series people can't progress and veterans are getting sick of the grind. It's quite possibly the worst progression I have ever seen in a game. I wonder if they would fix it? Is it worth thier while to actually do anything about it?

For what it's worth, the contracts are fine as we've always had those in one form or another, not so keen on being timed AND being on fire AND having to do 17 seconds of inverted airtime though, it's a bit much haha.
  • imamazed 18 Mar 2019 10:04:50 6,419 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    So, exactly when do I unlock the extreme tracks? I feel like I've got to a point where I can't do much more in the way of contracts as they are all hard or extreme and less fun than just finishing a track.

Damn this fucking XP grind, it's seriously putting me off any future Ubi titles.
    Level 88 iirc.

The grind is a bit tedious, for sure. All was well until the hard tracks, when I had to start going back again and again to old tracks.

Top tips: Make sure you do all the University of Trials tutorials and Skill games at least once - they all give good XP. Also, buy the helium and donkey bikes as soon as you can as they offer new high-XP contracts. Also, make sure you check the stadiums for contracts after you have completed the three stages - they often offer high XP as well.

Was such a release when I'd unlocked the extremes. I don't think I'll ever unlock ninjas; I can get gold on most extremes but I doubt I'll even manage Inferno V.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.