Trials Rising Page 9

• OllyJ 18 Mar 2019 10:34:31 4,539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @imamazed Yeah I have got Gold on every track, and at least A on all University tracks.

I didn't realise there was a Donkey bike or Ubisoft sponsort contract so I will start those, gutted about the Ninja tracks, seems unfair to lock content away like that.
  • ComradePete 18 Mar 2019 10:35:15 609 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    imamazed wrote:

Was such a release when I'd unlocked the extremes. I don't think I'll ever unlock ninjas; I can get gold on most extremes but I doubt I'll even manage Inferno V.
    Use the helium. I timed out on inferno V first time & just manged it in 28 mins first completed run. It's much easier on the bmx, manged to get a gold medal on my third run through with it.
  • imamazed 18 Mar 2019 10:37:16 6,393 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    imamazed wrote:

Was such a release when I'd unlocked the extremes. I don't think I'll ever unlock ninjas; I can get gold on most extremes but I doubt I'll even manage Inferno V.
    Use the helium. I timed out on inferno V first time & just manged it in 28 mins first completed run. It's much easier on the bmx, manged to get a gold medal on my third run through with it.
    I've only tried it using the helium haha.

There are quite a few bits in it I know how to do, but I just can't do them consistently. The other extremes I can get better at slowly but surely, but with Inferno I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall. I've got near to the end but not finished it.
  • imamazed 18 Mar 2019 10:39:12 6,393 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    @imamazed Yeah I have got Gold on every track, and at least A on all University tracks.

I didn't realise there was a Donkey bike or Ubisoft sponsort contract so I will start those, gutted about the Ninja tracks, seems unfair to lock content away like that.
    Unfortunately getting gold on every track doesn't count for much, it's all about those contracts.

It was a grind, but to be fair there were only a handful of contracts that posed a big challenge before I had unlocked extremes.

Edited by imamazed at 10:39:29 18-03-2019
  • ComradePete 18 Mar 2019 10:45:09 609 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    ComradePete wrote:
    imamazed wrote:

I've only tried it using the helium haha.
    :D

Keep at it! You will get there eventually.

Uni of trials has a good YouTube run though of it which helped me a lot.
  • DangerousDave_87 18 Mar 2019 10:46:16 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That bin moment in Inferno V kills me. I can't bunny hop from it consistently at all. In fact, I only manage it once in every 50 or 60 attempts. I have no clue how to pull that off.

Once I'm on the wheels its fine, but the bin itself can do one!
  • Ironlungs_76 26 Mar 2019 09:07:53 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had one of those evenings where I thought I'd have an hour or so on this....5 hours later at 2am....

Finally unlocked the Hard tracks, must admit I find it a bit "grindy" eeking out enough xp to level up sufficiently to unlock the tracks but I suppose it's one way of making sure you are accustomed to the game before testing you too much.

Still, 0 faulted everything thus far and got my first platinum on the first Hard track I played so progress is being made.

Now all I need to do is concentrate on Trials rather than getting distracted by Rimworld or Sekiro...
  • el_pollo_diablo 26 Mar 2019 10:27:49 2,968 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    How do you play the Basketball skill game? I have no idea how to even grab the ball let alone sink it in the net.
  • DangerousDave_87 26 Mar 2019 10:51:35 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On Switch you hold the A button down to grab the ball. I assume that's B or O on Xbox/PlayStation. Your aim towards to the net is entirely down to your jump from the ramp and when you choose to let go of the ball.
  • Graxlar_v3 26 Mar 2019 10:52:11 7,716 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    On Switch you hold the A button down to grab the ball. I assume that's B or O on Xbox/PlayStation. Your aim towards to the net is entirely down to your jump from the ramp and when you choose to let go of the ball.
    OR hold onto the ball and fly through the hoop with it.
  • Spectral 26 Mar 2019 11:32:00 6,282 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    How is this compared to Fusion? I picked up fusion at some point but never got round to it. Should I just play that one or is this one enough better to just write that one off and buy this?
  • DangerousDave_87 26 Mar 2019 11:56:17 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fusion is pretty poor. It's much shorter than Rising (although it lacks any kind of grinding) and the tracks just aren't anywhere near the same quality (they're not all that fun to play). That second point can't be stressed enough. Many of the early tracks are simple waves or hills that become larger on the medium tracks. They're very poorly designed.

The tracks in Rising were apparently co-designed by fans and it shows. A lot of them are up there with the very best in the series.
  • Spectral 26 Mar 2019 12:05:25 6,282 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thanks, I'll give fusion a miss then. I think I may wait on a discount before picking this one up for now though.

Edit: Looks like there is a discount on greenman. What are opinions on standard vs Gold edition? Is there enough there to warrant the 15.50 without DLC, or go for the gold at 23.50?

Edited by Spectral at 14:32:54 26-03-2019
  • el_pollo_diablo 26 Mar 2019 14:45:07 2,968 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I'm playing on the Switch. It's impossible - am I right in that the skill is all in hitting the gas at the starting line at EXACTLY the right time to be under the cannon when the ball falls down again?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here.
  • imamazed 26 Mar 2019 16:56:13 6,393 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    Thanks, I'll give fusion a miss then. I think I may wait on a discount before picking this one up for now though.

Edit: Looks like there is a discount on greenman. What are opinions on standard vs Gold edition? Is there enough there to warrant the 15.50 without DLC, or go for the gold at 23.50?
    Difficult to say as the Gold content isn't available yet, but if the extra tracks are the same quality as the base game they'll be worth it.

Worth highlighting that the game has big issues at the moment. Loot boxes disappear in later levels, cosmetic items duplicate and the game deletes level editor saves. That and the grind for hard levels is excessive, and all formats seem to have some level of occasional frame rate drops.

That said, once you've unlocked the extreme tracks and opened up all the tracks the game is a joy. Fantastic level design and really responsive controls.

Edited by imamazed at 16:56:56 26-03-2019
  • Rhaegyr 26 Mar 2019 18:29:40 4,815 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm a little worried I've ran into a game breaking bug on the PS4 version.

I've reached level 68 and have unlocked the usual 'stadium' event (3 races). I've completed the first race and finished in the top 4 but the 2nd race is simply not unlocking.

I've finished first in the original race and managed to nab the platinum but the second part simply won't unlock. Tried completing the race another 5 or so times to try and 'trigger' the next race but nothing's happening.

Anyone ran into this? Without being able to do this race I'm pretty sure I can't unlock any more tracks :cry:
  • DangerousDave_87 26 Mar 2019 20:14:48 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo To be honest, I can't remember the exact timing. I managed a bronze and moved on. I didn't like it. So many other skill games worth playing over that one.
  • andytheadequate 26 Mar 2019 23:39:37 9,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FussyDuck wrote:
    @el_pollo_diablo I grabbed the ball with my rider by angling the bike slightly forward and bailing out so his trajectory takes him as high as the ball then as far as the hoop.
    Yup, this is the technique. Think you have to hold down Y/triangle to grab the ball too. It's quite a tricky one though, and not particularly fun.

When I struggle with a track of skill game, I tend to watch the replays of the top players to figure out what I need to do.

Edited by andytheadequate at 23:40:00 26-03-2019
  • OllyJ 27 Mar 2019 06:39:55 4,539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I dunno...I think I prefer Fusion over this. I can't get over the terrible UI, the grind, the XP walls....it's just destroyed the fun, and yeah the stadium finals go against the quick restart ethos of a Trials games.

By the end, with all the DLC, Fusion was fine, and no grind. I've not picked it up for over a week because I can't face doing another backflip.
  • booped 27 Mar 2019 08:00:16 421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They are apparently going to make changes that reduce the grind in the April patch.
  • DangerousDave_87 27 Mar 2019 08:08:37 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a bit late for the majority of us. All the enthusiastic trials players will have reached the end now.

It's a huge oversight, but once all the tracks are unlocked its great fun. I'm still replaying the hard and extreme tracks a lot, which is something I never did with Fusion.
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Mar 2019 08:18:41 7,716 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    booped wrote:
    They are apparently going to make changes that reduce the grind in the April patch.
    Awesome \o/ I may go back and see then
  • Ironlungs_76 27 Mar 2019 09:10:41 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    I dunno...I think I prefer Fusion over this. I can't get over the terrible UI, the grind, the XP walls....it's just destroyed the fun, and yeah the stadium finals go against the quick restart ethos of a Trials games.
    I agree with all of this but I must admit I am still enjoying the game nonetheless, possibly owing to Evo being my last Trials experience.

Other than the stadium races (no quick-restart ball-ache as you say) the tracks I've played thus far are all pretty excellent.
  • mikew1985 27 Mar 2019 09:12:48 14,611 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The grind for track unlocking is absolutely dreadful. I've completed all the tracks to gold/silver but I'm not even focusing on gold/platinum as I'm doing these stupid contracts to try to work toward the extreme unlock.

The tracks are brilliant. The progression is terrible.
  • OllyJ 27 Mar 2019 09:13:58 4,539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah love the tracks, and I don't mind the contracts either. I just don't want to HAVE to do them to unlock tracks.
  • OllyJ 27 Mar 2019 09:16:23 4,539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    booped wrote:
    Where has this news come from, nothing about it on Redlynx forums?
  • DangerousDave_87 27 Mar 2019 12:07:37 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That extreme lesson is actually harder than any of the extreme tracks. Huh.
  • booped 27 Mar 2019 12:29:13 421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @OllyJ look in the VOD for last fridays Trials live twitch stream, they had a q&a with the games producer
  • OllyJ 27 Mar 2019 13:42:47 4,539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    booped wrote:
    @OllyJ look in the VOD for last fridays Trials live twitch stream, they had a q&a with the games producer
    Nice one....holy shit...so you won some headphones then hahaha

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.