Trials Rising Page 10

• booped 27 Mar 2019 16:25:31 421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah bit lucky that 😜
  • Ironlungs_76 3 Apr 2019 11:04:47 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Extreme tracks finally unlocked, finally.

Not had to grind other than a few challenges here and there and I *think* all Hard tracks 0 faulted Golds bar one. Moving on up :)

That wheelie skill game can do one though, couldn't even get Bronze in my few tries last night :/
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Apr 2019 23:27:29 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dug out the Xbox 360 for the first time in years and had to give Trials Evolution another go. Having played Trials Rising on Switch I was surprised at how much harder I found it to control the throttle with the bumpers this time around. Maybe my pad is getting old, but there's a huge dead zone in the triggers and I found my hand felt like it was starting to cramp trying to find that sweet spot. I did manage to beat the first 4 extreme tracks quite quickly, though. I even managed to better a few times as well!

The best thing about the game though, was that the level select screen was straight forward and quick to navigate! Who'd have ever thought it was apparently an issue that needed fixing?
  • DangerousDave_87 16 Apr 2019 20:38:14 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New DLC went up today. Route 66. Also, I can confirm that the stadium bug has been fixed. Fixed so much that I beat the final 5 on my first attempts.

A new issue exists though. At least on Switch. The title screen fails to load. It's a black screen and loading bar. How did this update pass any kind of check? :/
  • DangerousDave_87 16 Apr 2019 23:47:24 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't even access the DLC tracks on Switch. It takes me to the eShop, which then tells me I've already purchased the DLC content. I return to the game and am once again presented with an option to purchase the DLC.
  • robthehermit 17 Apr 2019 11:42:35 7,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Liking the new tracks. Completed all the tracks from the first stadium last night and got my first platinum on my first attempt on one of them, can't remember which one it was though. Will try the next selection later today.
  • robthehermit 17 Apr 2019 11:45:43 7,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • robthehermit 17 Apr 2019 11:45:44 7,425 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anybody else getting no loot boxes for levelling up? I've been awarded 3 or 4 Easter boxes, but not a single one has appeared in my garage.
  • DangerousDave_87 17 Apr 2019 22:51:33 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Managed to gold all of the tracks, with about 6 platinums on the medium tracks. They're all great tracks, again. For all the game's faults, the most important aspect of the game remain fantastic.

Went back to platinum some of the easy tracks in the base game and they're a nightmare. Had to turn the console off before I threw something.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 22:58:32 17-04-2019
  • el_pollo_diablo 19 Apr 2019 15:13:32 2,968 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I can't even access the DLC tracks on Switch. It takes me to the eShop, which then tells me I've already purchased the DLC content. I return to the game and am once again presented with an option to purchase the DLC.
    Same here. I know you need to complete all the Asian tracks to unlock Route 66, but I知 sure I致e done that. Do they all have to be golds?
  • Poorandugly 19 Apr 2019 17:18:27 603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DLC works fine on Switch for me, got unlocked at once. I think the requirement is to beat the asian stadium finals? No need for gold.
  • DangerousDave_87 19 Apr 2019 18:02:11 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Fixxxer 19 Apr 2019 18:03:49 1,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Not sure how or if it works but I've just a few of you (or similarly named strangers) to my Uplay friends list.

For those that ever scrolled their leaderboards down far enough on Trials HD I was AbubakariYakubu.

Edited by Fixxxer at 18:04:01 19-04-2019
  • DangerousDave_87 19 Apr 2019 18:04:13 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo A manual software update fixes the issue. For some reason the update doesn't trigger automatically, like with most games.
  • DangerousDave_87 19 Apr 2019 21:56:37 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wow! That Warehouse HD track was very tough! I didn't think I'd be able to finish it. 46 minutes and 319 faults. That's a big step up for an extreme track. It's halfway between Extreme and Ninja level, in my opinion. Probably up there with the Fusion Inferno level.
  • andytheadequate 19 Apr 2019 22:00:49 9,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just managed to beat Booped on a track. Not going to say which one though otherwise he'll go and smash my time 😀

Edited by andytheadequate at 23:08:21 19-04-2019
  • el_pollo_diablo 19 Apr 2019 22:24:14 2,968 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    @el_pollo_diablo A manual software update fixes the issue. For some reason the update doesn't trigger automatically, like with most games.
    Thanks man!
  • DangerousDave_87 21 Apr 2019 21:35:49 6,318 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't know how I imagined to beat Warehouse HD first time, but I just blew close to 450 faults on the final checkpoint. It's just three pipes that require continuous bunny hops to cross, but I just can't do it now. At all.

Hands hurt.
  • Ironlungs_76 22 Apr 2019 08:13:56 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I don't know how I imagined to beat Warehouse HD first time, but I just blew close to 450 faults on the final checkpoint. It's just three pipes that require continuous bunny hops to cross, but I just can't do it now. At all.

Hands hurt.
    Yeah that's a fun one, all the obstacles are from trials hd extreme tracks so I found them ok once I'd dusted off my grey cells. Think I got around 30 odd faults after a couple of tries.

I finally managed to beat inferno 5 on my 4th attempt and swear down it is infinitely easier on the helium, around 90 faults on that one but can certainly bring that down with some more practice.

Fun DLC must admit, got the loot crate bug though so n9t had any packs for over 30 lvls 🙄
  • booped 23 Apr 2019 10:36:47 421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I found warehouse HD very familiar.

There are a couple of decent HD remix tracks on TC

HD Remix Under Ground
    HD Remix KotH
  • Ironlungs_76 23 Apr 2019 11:45:54 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @booped - cheers not ventured into TC ... yet :) Will give them a looksee. You on Switch this time around?

Had a productive morning, unlocked Diamond medals as well as the Ninja tracks and shooting up the Xbox leaderboards.

Anyone one Xbox feel free to add me Ironlungs76

/revs off into the sunset
  • ComradePete 23 Apr 2019 17:18:28 609 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished the new dlc tracks - liked the medium & hard 'out of the quarry' ones, bit like the old evo extreme one.

Platinum times maybe seem a trifle easier than the main game tracks? Have struggled with some of the speedrun oriented easy & medium ones in the main game. Or I'm just not finding the right timesavers.

Trying to beat the 'one wheel' contract on Bucharest Breakdown and failing at the moment...
  • booped 23 Apr 2019 17:26:40 421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Ironlungs_76 I知 on Xbox, thought you would still be in my FL, will shoot you a FR.
  • Ironlungs_76 23 Apr 2019 18:05:50 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    booped wrote:
    @Ironlungs_76 I知 on Xbox, thought you would still be in my FL, will shoot you a FR.
    Bang goes me being top on any leader board 😆😆

Cheers booped see you on the other side
  • Ironlungs_76 23 Apr 2019 18:05:52 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    booped wrote:

• ComradePete 23 Apr 2019 20:07:33 609 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ironlungs_76 wrote:
    booped wrote:

I'm pretty sure booped is now playing the game simultaneously across 3 platforms using only his mind to control the bike.
  • Ironlungs_76 23 Apr 2019 20:56:58 176 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    I'm pretty sure booped is now playing the game simultaneously across 3 platforms using only his mind to control the bike.
    There may be more than a shred of truth to this, I thought I was doing well...

/gulp

Nice Inferno 5 run booped, coming for ya ;)
  • booped 24 Apr 2019 15:08:30 421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    playing mainly on xbox with aching hands and fingers I知 afraid :cry:

I will never underestimate you mr lungs...

Best thing about trials you are never good enough, I look at times of the top players and they are completely out of my reach.
  • andytheadequate 8 Jun 2019 18:10:24 9,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've officially given up on this game :(

Certain tracks just cause my laptop to come to a crawl (even though it pretty much meets the recommended specs and I was playing on low settings), and it seems to be the ones that have a lot things going on in the background. The worst one was Inferno V, trying to complete that with a frame rate going everywhere isn't fun. Managed to get to the last obstacle before running out of time, but never want to play it again.

I miss the days of playing Trials on Xbox where it just bloody works. It's also a bit shit that I can't see people on my friends list who are on other consoles, makes the leaderboards a bit pointless for me.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.