Trials Rising Page 11

Next Last
  • DangerousDave_87 8 Jun 2019 19:37:29 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can you not cap the frame rate to 30? It's actually very playable on Switch that way. Especially inferno V.

It does stuck with the lack of cross platform leaderboards (in regards to friends). Makes it a pointless feature to boast about.
  • Poorandugly 10 Jun 2019 07:59:24 603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @andytheadequate Sorry to hear it mate, I've learned a lot by racing your ghosts :-). Hope you'll be back when/if they fix the game.

Edited by Poorandugly at 07:59:39 10-06-2019
  • andytheadequate 10 Jun 2019 10:44:56 9,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poorandugly wrote:
    @andytheadequate Sorry to hear it mate, I've learned a lot by racing your ghosts :-). Hope you'll be back when/if they fix the game.
    I'm glad I could be of some help 😀 You'll find that I started to care less about getting platinum towards the end as I was getting more frustrated with the game, so they might not be as useful for the later tracks...

What's your username on Uplay? And I doubt they'll fix it, their support for Trials Fusion wasn't great on the PC, and I heard the Gold edition had issues too.

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:46:24 10-06-2019
  • Poorandugly 10 Jun 2019 17:07:33 603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @andytheadequate I'm MagicPants__ on Uplay. (If anyone wants to add me, please do.)
  • andytheadequate 10 Jun 2019 22:06:57 9,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poorandugly wrote:
    @andytheadequate I'm MagicPants__ on Uplay. (If anyone wants to add me, please do.)
    Ah, I kept seeing it pop up in game that you'd overtaken me on some track or other 😀
  • Poorandugly 11 Jun 2019 14:08:59 603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @andytheadequate Yeah I managed to squeeze by you once or twice... It was a good feeling 😁
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Jun 2019 16:26:32 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Track Central is now working properly on Switch, although I've had a few hard crashes after completing stages.

Can't have it all fixed this year, I suppose.
  • andytheadequate 11 Jun 2019 17:49:30 9,077 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poorandugly wrote:
    @andytheadequate Yeah I managed to squeeze by you once or twice... It was a good feeling 😁
    My times for the hard and extreme tracks aren't amazing (I was getting a bit annoyed by this point), but I had some decent ones for the medium and below, most of them being plats. You must have been doing pretty well.

I'm now doubly annoyed that the game didn't work properly now I know I had some leaderboard competition...
  • ComradePete 8 Sep 2019 15:21:32 609 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If anyone is still around - the next (last?) dlc is out Tuesday, 37 new tracks & free if you have the gold edition.

It's worth checking out the tracks for the redlynx building competition if you haven't played for a while, there's a specific feed for it on track central - some really good tracks in there.

@Ironlungs_76 - give us a follow on xbox, would like to see if I can get any closer to your times on HD :p

Picked this up on switch now as well so if anyone has it let me know your friend code & I'll add you as soon as I figure out what to do.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Sep 2019 15:48:05 7,716 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just deleted this last night
  • DangerousDave_87 8 Sep 2019 17:56:37 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looking forward to it. The last DLC was great. The difficult definitely went up a notch. I assume this will be more of the same.
  • Ironlungs_76 10 Sep 2019 08:52:07 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    If anyone is still around - the next (last?) dlc is out Tuesday, 37 new tracks & free if you have the gold edition.

It's worth checking out the tracks for the redlynx building competition if you haven't played for a while, there's a specific feed for it on track central - some really good tracks in there.

@Ironlungs_76 - give us a follow on xbox, would like to see if I can get any closer to your times on HD :p

Picked this up on switch now as well so if anyone has it let me know your friend code & I'll add you as soon as I figure out what to do.
    Shit, is it out already, thought was this week :eek:

Will do Pete, still to this day flick HD on every now and then for a bit of nostalgia :)
  • [maven] 10 Sep 2019 08:56:21 5,636 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've only seen it on the PSN store to buy, even though it should be free with the season-pass. vOv
  • Nitrous 10 Sep 2019 14:10:26 1,817 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ComradePete

Thanks for the heads up. Had no idea new DLC was out for it.
    Got my gold edition on PS4 so will download this later.
  • MrAGSystems 10 Sep 2019 14:43:01 27 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    @[maven] They fixed!

New tracks are chuffin' good in fairness
  • CompetitiveDad 10 Sep 2019 20:02:57 8,168 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is currently 14.99 for the gold edition on the Nintendo Switch. I'm surprised at how well it plays tbh, I'm tempted now after trying out the demo.
  • MrAGSystems 10 Sep 2019 20:24:04 27 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    @CompetitiveDad That's a serious amount of content for the money.
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Sep 2019 23:27:54 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Game plays fine on Switch! Do practice with analog controls though. At least for acceleration. It's essential for the expert tracks.
  • CompetitiveDad 11 Sep 2019 14:36:45 8,168 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 I never even noticed the controls until it was pointed out on a video I was watching. Had a little go using the stick and it's alright actually, a little strange but could get used to it. I'm certainly not good enough for the harder tracks though😀

How's the frame rate, can you still race against your friends ghost on the Switch version?
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Sep 2019 15:12:48 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you have friends on the Switch version, you can do. The frame rate is a solid 30fps for the most part, but there are a few dips here and the on the earlier, flashier levels. Nothing that will impact the gameplay or force you to crash.

Randomly, custom tracks run at much higher frame rates and I don't understand why, as they're usually more detailed. I haven't come across anything that really pushes the Switch to its limits, though.
  • Ironlungs_76 11 Sep 2019 15:48:37 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I downloaded the latest DLC last night, got Golds on all tracks and managed to unlock the Extremes before I had to turn it off. New tracks seem pretty good, albeit only saw most of them for 1 or 2 tries each.

One annoying Hard track with lots of physics obstacles, conveyer bets etc that I wasn't too keen on but other than that they looked ok.

If I get a chance over the next few days/week I'll try and knock out the Extremes and maybe hunt down a couple of times on my leaderboards.

Free time is my limiting factor, a common problem with old farts such as me :o)
  • Nitrous 11 Sep 2019 16:17:15 1,817 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Maybe this is old news but there's a demo available on the PSN for those reading this thread that still haven't got this game.

An actual demo that's not football!
  • CompetitiveDad 11 Sep 2019 16:20:22 8,168 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    If you have friends on the Switch version, you can do. The frame rate is a solid 30fps for the most part, but there are a few dips here and the on the earlier, flashier levels. Nothing that will impact the gameplay or force you to crash.

Randomly, custom tracks run at much higher frame rates and I don't understand why, as they're usually more detailed. I haven't come across anything that really pushes the Switch to its limits, though.
    Great. I've got a fiver in points as well so I'll pick it up!
  • KD 11 Sep 2019 16:21:07 2,121 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Its also part of Ubisoft free trial for Uplay+ on pc, installed it and played the first few tracks so far.
  • ComradePete 11 Sep 2019 16:26:15 609 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks for the add ironlungs!

Agree about the weird Australian hard track, not a fan. Rest of the new tracks are smashing though. Didn't unlock everything last night so not seen the extremes & doubt I'll be a le to pass the ninjas.

Switch version is brilliant, some of the harder tracks can be a bit trickier, I've found it OK just using the digital buttons - a few rapid blips on the throttle can get through most areas where you could feather it with the analogue on the xbox.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Sep 2019 20:39:06 6,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad I think we're friends in Switch already, so you'll have at least one ghost to compare to. I've got a few more friends on my list from the old friends coffee thread, so hopefully you have them as well. Is certainly a bet game when you have times to chase down and beat.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 20:39:49 11-09-2019
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.