Trials Rising Page 4

• OllyJ 26 Feb 2019 20:19:18 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Also my PS4 Leaderboards are a ghost town need friends!

Mr-Ollock
  • Graxlar_v3 26 Feb 2019 20:43:52 10,218 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    anyone who has this on switch, can you run me through how to get A+ in the university throttle challenge.
    Did you know you can watch replays of people on the leaderboard? Go to the top ten and watch them, looks like most people are jumping two at a time to get A+
    Well that is beyond me :) I got As with the 2 university challenges open to me right now and have gold in about 4 events. I switched to big tv now though
  • neems 26 Feb 2019 21:29:34 4,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    OllyJ wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    anyone who has this on switch, can you run me through how to get A+ in the university throttle challenge.
    Did you know you can watch replays of people on the leaderboard? Go to the top ten and watch them, looks like most people are jumping two at a time to get A+
    Well that is beyond me :) I got As with the 2 university challenges open to me right now and have gold in about 4 events. I switched to big tv now though
    Yeah I just tried this, the trick is to get a good first jump and you can do two humps at a time, just need to watch out for picking up too much speed.
  • Malek86 26 Feb 2019 21:40:54 10,158 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do you need an online subscription to watch replays and access the leaderboards on Switch?
  • DangerousDave_87 26 Feb 2019 22:22:23 6,811 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Malek86 I can't seem to find a definitive answer for you, but I would imagine you do need a subscription for it. Some indie games allow leaderboards, but I don't know if Ubisoft would be that nice. :(

On a similar note, if anybody wants to add me via uPlay, my name on there is Raiko87. I assume that'll be enough to see me on your leaderboards if you're playing on PS4/Xbox One (I'm playing on Switch). If any Switch players want to add me, my friend code is over in the Friend Code Thread.
  • andytheadequate 27 Feb 2019 01:29:34 9,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone want to add me on Uplay? Think my username is andytheadequate.
  • daver 27 Feb 2019 04:51:46 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I bought the Gold Edition on xbox after playing the beta on switch all weekend. It's a different game, not just cosmetically, but because of the frame-rate. If you have the choice, don't get Switch version. It was still Trials, but massively hobbled.

Loot boxes and load times are pish. The constant ghosts are a bit annoying, haven't checked if you can turn them off. Navigating the map is a slight peeve.

The physics and tracks are excellent though. I'm gonna be obsessed with it. The bikes feel amazing.
  • HighlandPete 27 Feb 2019 07:56:10 618 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    daver wrote:
    I bought the Gold Edition on xbox after playing the beta on switch all weekend. It's a different game, not just cosmetically, but because of the frame-rate. If you have the choice, don't get Switch version. It was still Trials, but massively hobbled.

Loot boxes and load times are pish. The constant ghosts are a bit annoying, haven't checked if you can turn them off. Navigating the map is a slight peeve.

The physics and tracks are excellent though. I'm gonna be obsessed with it. The bikes feel amazing.
    You can turn the ghosts opacity down to zero in the options - you still race against their times but they won't appear on the track.
  • Frogofdoom 27 Feb 2019 08:15:30 16,587 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tip tip, you can click each regions stadium to see a list of tracks to choose from without using the map. Makes life much easier.
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Feb 2019 08:36:12 10,218 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You know what sucks - needing an internet connection to open loot boxes :/
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Feb 2019 08:47:45 10,218 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    have played for about 3 hours and have gold starred the first round of tracks (and the first stadium event).

Can anyone tell me how many tracks there are?
  • claypool 27 Feb 2019 08:52:07 166 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does this have cross platform leaderboards? Struggling to decide between PC and PS4.
  • OllyJ 27 Feb 2019 09:18:03 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    OllyJ wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yeah I just tried this, the trick is to get a good first jump and you can do two humps at a time, just need to watch out for picking up too much speed.
    and get you back wheel down first, it's also I assume better to pulse the throttle as you hit the down slope with a really quick bunny hop. I thin kthe replays show the inputs as well, so you can get a feel for the timings.
  • OllyJ 27 Feb 2019 09:38:23 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Had a couple of hours last night and yeah it's fun for sure, couple of moans I guess.

Hella easy tracks - Even though the complaint that Trials Fusion had too many easy tracks, at least you could see them. I kinda hate the map and how you can't see how many harder difficulty tracks there are, that's where Trials is best for me.

The Gear boxes - Now hold up, I don't mind cosmetic lootboxes at all. I don't care for having a unique character at all, and ultimately if lootboxes help get games made than I'm happy to accept that, but dear lord....don't make the animation so long and dull! Let me open multpile crates at once! Mine are stacking up because I pure can't be arsed with the tedium.

Load times are bad - Go back to Evolution or even HD, and you're in and out of tracks in an instant. Seems the whole progress is slowed down so we can see the poses and costumes.

Where my friends at - Kinda not interested in seeing the ghosts of randoms, want to see my friends ghosts.

Music - It's really grating to me that the tracks change halfway during loads, if you're in and out of tracks all the time you never hear the end of a song.
  • TPReview 27 Feb 2019 09:40:29 1,380 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    neems wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    OllyJ wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    and get you back wheel down first, it's also I assume better to pulse the throttle as you hit the down slope with a really quick bunny hop. I thin kthe replays show the inputs as well, so you can get a feel for the timings.
    I tried for ages to get this done on my first night and just couldn't quite get to an A+, then came back once I had unlocked the second bike and did it on my first try with time to spare, the extra muscle of the second bike means you can do two at a time and then just land with your back wheel to keep you moving, my front wheel didn't really touch the ground.
  • OllyJ 27 Feb 2019 09:42:43 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Loads of positives though:

Music is great, nice varied tracklist reminds of of THPS.

Courses are so well made, the level designers are mad skilled.

Tandem mode looks fun.

Visually it's a real looker.

Absolutely brilliant tutorials from Professor FatShady, beautifally integrated.

Challenges against Redlynx devs as characters? I think that's what they are, and I love that.

It's TRIALS!

Oh and I had about an hour in the editor and started a track, first one will just be a medium hard with throwing stuff in and getting used to it, figuring out the controls and maybe adding one physics trigger event.

Not sure if linking to Twitter works but here is the first section:

HERE
  • HighlandPete 27 Feb 2019 10:19:46 618 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @claypool

Yes, leaderboards show times from all platforms but friends leaderboards are specific to platforms (hoping this could get fixed though)
  • billythekid 27 Feb 2019 10:30:02 12,497 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I need some more people on my friends leaderboards on Xbox so if anybody would like to add me please do so!

GT - billythekid69
  • Frogofdoom 27 Feb 2019 11:03:29 16,587 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ComradePete not sure they can as they wouldnt know who your friends are on different platforms unless they were linked to uplay account friends lists. Even then it's a level of buggering about they might not want to do
  • OllyJ 27 Feb 2019 11:17:59 4,758 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Frogofdoom I guess it would be like Rocket Leagues Rocket ID.
  • daver 27 Feb 2019 17:27:59 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ComradePete

Great tip, thanks!
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Feb 2019 18:33:08 10,218 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My switch needs to stop running out of battery until I am ready to put trails down!
  • booped 27 Feb 2019 18:40:45 421 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There are over 120 tracks including beginner, easy, medium, hard, extreme, ninja, skill games and lessons.

The medals you can get are bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond

Edited by booped at 18:44:26 27-02-2019
  • Frogofdoom 27 Feb 2019 18:45:30 16,587 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How do you unlock the medium tracks, keep doing the easy ones until they unlock? I've done all the tracks and stadiums that are available to me, but have shit medals in some. Do I need to just improve my scores/times?
  • Gartt 27 Feb 2019 19:02:25 1,939 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So does adding someone on uplay add them to your friends leaderboard?
  • Gartt 27 Feb 2019 19:04:01 1,939 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oops, should've read up. Really want that to be a thing!
  • booped 27 Feb 2019 19:14:42 421 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Completing the stadium finals, should result in a new stadium being added to the map and tracks associated with that stadium.

So you complete tracks to have enough xp to compete in stadium finals, then win them to add new stadium and tracks, this continues until you have all tracks.
  • Frogofdoom 27 Feb 2019 19:23:30 16,587 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm I did that earlier on the Asian stadium and nothing unlocked. Maybe a bug that will fix the next time I log in, it was following a massive bug with the map so maybe that's it.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 19:23:42 27-02-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Feb 2019 22:38:12 10,218 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have completed 25 tracks now all with gold medels... so many restarts though :)

Annoyingly, the internet bugged out as I was opening my loot boxes so still have 6 left unopened.
  • andytheadequate 28 Feb 2019 01:14:38 9,211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    claypool wrote:
    Does this have cross platform leaderboards? Struggling to decide between PC and PS4.
    Get it on the PS4, it runs like a dog on PC. My machine meets the minimum requirements yet I can't get more than 20fps, even on low settings and in the menus. Weirdly, on high settings I get 16fps, so barely any difference.

It also crashes whenever I try and quite the game.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.