Resident Evil 2 (2019) Page 59

• Deleted user 8 February 2019 10:56:52
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Is the DLC worth getting for 7?
    It's very patchy.

Ethan must die is great. Jack's birthday is good too. There's also a really good time attack shooter mode.

Some of the story dlc is good, gives you a bit of backstory on a few characters.

There's some shit like blackjack with Lucas and a mode where you have to punch moulded in the face.

Not a hero is fine. Nowt special.

I'd say they're all worth it if you liked the main game.
  • Switch024 8 Feb 2019 10:57:13 3,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I didnít enjoy him in the library. I just want to move the bookcases... please just let me... oh ok...Iíll run to the stars office, and back again...
    It's probably the only place he gives you any trouble and you can always drop him to give you the time you need to move them.

Edited by Switch024 at 10:58:02 08-02-2019
  • Deleted user 8 February 2019 10:58:25
    Kite him over the other side of the station. Run around the fire escape where you initially meet him.

By the time you get back to the library you'll have plenty of time to do the puzzle.
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Feb 2019 11:00:58 11,025 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    It's very patchy.

Ethan must die is great. Jack's birthday is good too. There's also a really good time attack shooter mode.

Some of the story dlc is good, gives you a bit of backstory on a few characters.

There's some shit like blackjack with Lucas and a mode where you have to punch moulded in the face.

Not a hero is fine. Nowt special.

I'd say they're all worth it if you liked the main game.
    Cheers. I'll probably buy the season pass and never get round to playing it.
  • Switch024 8 Feb 2019 11:01:40 3,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    Kite him over the other side of the station. Run around the fire escape where you initially meet him.

By the time you get back to the library you'll have plenty of time to do the puzzle.
    That's the route I always take if he's ever on my case. Can hear him stomping around upstairs whilst your running back to the main hall through the office. :-)

Edited by Switch024 at 11:03:55 08-02-2019
  • SnackPlissken 8 Feb 2019 12:01:14 1,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    True I could have ran across the entire map, BUT thereís a licker and tonnes of zombies to navigate. I found myself not dropping many because heís bloody there all the time. Plus the guns Claire have are pretty awful until you get the other handgun.. but then thereís separate ammo. Fuuuuuuu
  • Switch024 8 Feb 2019 12:20:40 3,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There shouldn't be any lickers going that way, at least I never came across any on my 2 playthroughs. It's not that long either, only takes a minute or two to do that run and get back to the library.
  • ZuluHero 8 Feb 2019 12:34:34 7,493 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To be fair, running across the entire map doesn't actually take that long, especially when most of the routes are open (which they should be by the point he turns up).
  • monkman76 8 Feb 2019 20:22:22 14,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fuck, the B run isn't messing around even on standard difficulty. I've just had to sacrifice over an hour's progress by going back to an earlier save, because I realised I had painted myself into a bit of a corner with low health, no health items in inventory or anywhere on the map, and practically no ammo. Oh and the police station was overrun with zombies as I hadn't been diligent with the windows. /o\
  • JamboWayOh 8 Feb 2019 20:38:45 14,150 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah B run, well Leon that is, is punishing. I'm just trying to get to the library so I can't get the final electronic part and I've got a police station overrun with zombies, two lickers in a corridor and ol Mr Stompy.
  • monkman76 8 Feb 2019 20:45:11 14,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep I'm in pretty much the same place, also Leon. Makes me feel a bit better :)
  • Deleted user 8 February 2019 20:50:13
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Yeah B run, well Leon that is, is punishing. I'm just trying to get to the library so I can't get the final electronic part and I've got a police station overrun with zombies, two lickers in a corridor and ol Mr Stompy.
    I'm literally right there too. Stuck in the photo development save room crying
  • Switch024 8 Feb 2019 21:19:33 3,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was similar on my Leon B playthrough. Got caught up in some bad situations a few times.
  • Malek86 8 Feb 2019 22:25:41 8,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still not sure what exactly is the point of boarding windows, because if the game wants to spawn zombies in a certain area, it will.

In Leon B, I boarded up every single window in the west hallway (leading to the first safe area of the game), and when I returned there after the sewer, zombies had appeared in there. Where did they come from?

Edited by Malek86 at 22:26:34 08-02-2019
  • Gaol 8 Feb 2019 22:48:27 3,449 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In the B scenario I found it's not worth collecting the portable safes on the second visit to RCPD; better to just get the lifting tool, do the library and clock tower, and leave. You only lose 2 inventory slots.
  • garryo'neill 9 Feb 2019 00:10:10 14 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    quite enjoying claire 2nd run, finding it quite easy apart from Mr X always on your back, surplus medical and ammo,.

i found for the library puzzle just shooting mr x down with grenade helped as he is idle long enough for you to complete. easy peasy.

Weirdly looking forward to Claires main story and Leon B now.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Feb 2019 00:23:29 10,783 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They're fun extras but tonally out of step with the main game I thought.

I get the impression the story dlc from the RE2 remake will be more instep with the vibe of the base game
  • the_milkybar_kid 9 Feb 2019 02:02:36 8,013 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally finished my first Leon play through on standard. 11 hours, had a few rooms in the station that I didn't get to open, like the chiefs room. Loved it, even by the end I was still jumping and spontaneity shouting 'fuck' at regular intervals. I didn't get to fight the boss after meeting up with Claire which was puzzling. Guessing it had to do with the time taken and saves used? Ended up with a C rank anyway.

I don't get the whole A and B scenarios, what's the difference and do you get the choice to do one or the other? Just started Claire's and it's pretty much dropped me in when she meets Leon behind that gate outside before you know who turns up.
  • Lotos8ter 9 Feb 2019 06:29:21 2,803 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @the_milkybar_kid you choose which character to play as first, so youíve done Leon A Thereíll be a Ď2nd runí menu option now to play the alternative Claire B scenario where youíll get the true ending.

Thereís a lot of the same content for both mind, although the Chiefís office is inaccessible to Leon, only Claire can access it.
  • monkman76 9 Feb 2019 09:10:45 14,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The playthroughs are actually a lot more different than I expected. Well worth doing, and that's from someone who usually moves onto the next game as soon as I reach the credits.
  • monkman76 9 Feb 2019 09:17:37 14,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After reloading my earlier save, I made a much better fist of the Mr X parts on Leon B. Including clearing out some of the lickers before I even triggered his appearance. Was very thoughtful about routes and goals (and ammo) each time I left a safe area, which I guess is exactly how it's supposed to be played! Great game.
  • Lotos8ter 9 Feb 2019 10:07:16 2,803 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm making an attempt at 'speed' running Claire A for the infinite ammo pistol. Its not going great, Speed runners on Youtube make it look so damn easy, whereas I keep getting grabbed. I've also got Mr X around that I need to run from and Lickers in the halls that need to walk slowly past..hmmm.
    Will keep going for now
  • SnackPlissken 9 Feb 2019 17:43:37 1,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    And Iím done. Claire B was good, but the pistols she had were piss poor, so a lot of the time I just legged it.
  • challenge_hanukkah 9 Feb 2019 17:57:01 11,025 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Reloading that fucking revolver....
  • askew 9 Feb 2019 18:33:29 19,536 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Gets a bit better when you get the speed loader. And then the reinforced frame. Noice.
  • Malek86 9 Feb 2019 19:16:11 8,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I ended up switching to the gun with laser sight. Only returned to the revolver after picking up some high-powered bullets. Those were pretty much guaranteed headshot kills.
  • Deleted user 9 February 2019 19:50:37
    Noir mode FTW. Didn't realise it was a thing
  • the_milkybar_kid 9 Feb 2019 23:37:58 8,013 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well. It's a bit fucking relentless with Claire, isn't it? Fucking zombies everywhere! Expecting Mr. X to pop up at any minute so that's keeping me on my toes. It's a nice contrast to Leon as I feel it's trying to get you to play more as a survival horror, rather than Leon's where I wasn't really worrying about bullets too much.
  • monkman76 10 Feb 2019 07:28:01 14,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think thatís more A vs B isnít it, rather than Leon vs Claire. My B run as Leon was similarly more survival horror than my Claire A run.
  • SnackPlissken 10 Feb 2019 08:21:00 1,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tempted to play a third run. Itís that good.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.