Resident Evil 2 (2019) Page 20

• Daeltaja 11 Jan 2019 21:35:36 1,697 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not such a graphics and resolution perv that they ever ruin my experience of a game
    Ditto. A few less pixels or frames here and there doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by Daeltaja at 21:37:18 11-01-2019
  • Malek86 11 Jan 2019 21:50:42 8,041 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Reflections on the floor that break off under my arm, and random unsightly black patches on the columns, definitely bother me.
  • ChiefGB 11 Jan 2019 21:59:45 9,916 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played this earlier, itís..........good. Happily frittered away 30 mins in one go. Didnít see an end to the demo. Iíve never been one to rush through these things but I assumed id run out of places to go which I didnít or maybe I was about to?

Itís not quite blown my socks off though. Itís exactly what it looked like being so I canít criticise it for that but now Iíve sampled it Iím happy to wait till release. I can see how people are saying it looks a bit soft in places (x1x) and it doesnít seem to look QUITE as good as the gameplay reveal but itís still looking impressive.

Just feels like thereís just a little sprinkling of magic missing. Maybe itís because I knew it was limited so havenít really dug into it fully, maybe Iíll feel better knowing I have the whole game when it comes around.

Itís still my next purchase of course when it releases.
  • AddyJB 11 Jan 2019 22:06:31 729 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Caved and downloading the one shot demo on steam.
  • b-rk 11 Jan 2019 22:09:28 793 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Some folks are complaining that the game is asking for 13-14GB of vram when playing in 4K. :/
  • Cadence 11 Jan 2019 22:18:24 2,255 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The demo was great although I was rather disappointed with the framerate on the base ps4 I have, especially given the re7 demo ran at a perfect 60fps. The first scene in the lobby seems to lurch from 60 to 30 or that's what it feels like. I suppose its a pretty slow paced game so doesnt matter too much but as someone said about it feels a bit too much like you're wrestling with the controls at times. Looks like the PC might be the way to go for me on this one.
  • Nitrous 11 Jan 2019 22:30:31 1,756 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Demo completed on my base PS4.

Image quality didnt come across as soft as it did on the xbox demo.
    I enjoyed it and I will be getting this just not on release day.
  • Rodderz 11 Jan 2019 22:38:30 3,491 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Played this earlier, itís..........good. Happily frittered away 30 mins in one go. Didnít see an end to the demo. Iíve never been one to rush through these things but I assumed id run out of places to go which I didnít or maybe I was about to?
    Just finished the demo a moment ago on the Pro and same here on the not rushing and therefore not completing the demo :). Seems to run fine and looks rather nice to my eyes.

My impressions (don't read any further if going in blind) are that: it's a good bit more difficult than the original RE2 with a more oppressive, creepy atmosphere and very little lighting. I had one good jump scare during my travels that caught me out which somewhat reminded me of a certain moment from Condemned: Criminal Origins on 360. One thing I did really like, as others here have mentioned, is that the blood and guts is positively goreious!

To touch a bit more on difficulty, the zombies appear to take a quite a lot of firepower to put down even when placing multiple headshots. One zombie I'd pumped full of lead and thought was now properly dead gave me a shitting fright when it grabbed Leon as I was walking over it and took a bite at his neck, so good job I had a health spray to hand! I'm already shitting a brick at the prospect of meeting a Licker now, if that's how hard zombies are.

Overall movement of Leon felt fine to me, nice and responsive, though I did get a bit confused with the run button as my muscle memory for RE has me holding the X button rather than clicking L3, Heh! One thing I did change however, was the aim sensitivity option to better place my shots. For clarity you don't actually get to change 'overall' reticule speed as far as I could see, instead you get to change the speed at which the reticule slows as it moves across a targeted enemy.

Anyway, I like what I've seen and it's left me very much looking forward to the final product now!
  • b-rk 11 Jan 2019 22:40:14 793 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I didn't manage to open any of the doors so just hung around in the lobby for a bit.
  • SnackPlissken 11 Jan 2019 23:03:19 605 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Proper shat myself. Exactly what I wanted out of Resi Evil. First 7 and now this. Fucking yes.
  • pacrifice 11 Jan 2019 23:09:00 4,553 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's crap.

Boring.

No charisma.
  • richarddavies 11 Jan 2019 23:13:07 6,560 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that's, that then

Pre order cancelled.
  • erasr 11 Jan 2019 23:19:30 255 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @richardiox 😂😂😂 What a Ďsheepí thing to say. If they hadnít released Pro versions you wouldnít even be saying that. You wouldnít have even thought of that. They are controlling you. Not us.

Most people own base consoles. Itís a small minority that have Pro/X. Check the numbers.
  • AddyJB 11 Jan 2019 23:25:51 729 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    pacrifice wrote:
    It's crap.

Boring.

No charisma.
    It's far too expensive for you anyway. Give it a week after release and try and trade your mad Max for it on here. Straight swap.
  • askew 11 Jan 2019 23:26:08 18,226 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @erasr I think heís taking the mick out of the user above.

Edited by askew at 23:26:42 11-01-2019
  • pacrifice 11 Jan 2019 23:33:08 4,553 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Jan 2019 00:04:00 8,801 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally got it played and it was exactly what I expected and hoped it would be.

Took my time, tried to take in as much as I could and the timer ran out just as I reentered the main hall from the library.

Colour me impressed.

Very atmospheric. The earlier corridors reminded me of the bit in 7 when you're first creeping about the ship, defenceless and in the dark. As it progressed the sense of familiarity really set in. Even if I didn't know exactly what was coming next, like the REmake, I felt at home and became bolder.

I think I might only have killed one zombie. Wanting to explore I dodged where possible and only really got involved with the big guy at the vending machine and one I had to flatten on the stairs up to the third floor.

Didn't experience any problems with the controls, interface or graphical hiccups but then it's not that long since I last played 7 so maybe some muscle memory kicked in.

I was surprised how differently Leon handled in third person to 7's first person. Felt lighter, the wider perspective definitely helped things feel less claustrophic too.

It really felt like Resident Evil should.

I'm kind of dreading trying to give Mr X the runabout in some of those tight corridors. Dodging seems fairly impossible so hopefully they haven't made him too cheap and let you fall to unfair/unavoidable deaths.

Definite day one purchase.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Jan 2019 00:06:00 8,801 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Playing on a basic humble prolateriat PS4 just like Grammy had in the old country
  • Trafford 12 Jan 2019 00:15:18 8,164 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Standard PlayStation is what playing Resident Evil is all about.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 12 Jan 2019 00:31:46 1,324 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, feels like I have a proper playstation now. This and an Ace Combat to look forward to. Can we have a Ridge Racer or a new WipeOut next?
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 12 Jan 2019 00:32:27 1,670 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well the demo is terrifying, but it feels like re2 does. This is a fantastic reimagining from what I can see
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Jan 2019 00:40:42 8,801 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm going to spend all of tomorrow listening to Idlewild and looking up Space Above and Beyond clips on YouTube. My teenage years are back fuckers!!
  • SolidSCB 12 Jan 2019 00:50:22 10,524 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what's the actual problem supposed to be with this? I thought it looked fine on my regular PS4.

Got to the end of the demo in 22 minutes but to be fair I legged it through the last bit after shitting myself. I don't think I can hold off buying this for long after this demo. Thought it was great.
  • funkstar 12 Jan 2019 07:44:25 3,280 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    Some folks are complaining that the game is asking for 13-14GB of vram when playing in 4K. :/
    think the counter is bugged, it does it with max settings at 1080p even
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Jan 2019 08:01:02 8,801 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just play in regular HD it doesn't really alter the playability of anything enough to justify the expense and hassle
  • richardiox 12 Jan 2019 08:30:50 7,495 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    erasr wrote:
    @richardiox 😂😂😂 What a Ďsheepí thing to say. If they hadnít released Pro versions you wouldnít even be saying that. You wouldnít have even thought of that. They are controlling you. Not us.

Most people own base consoles. Itís a small minority that have Pro/X. Check the numbers.
    You're right, this time last gen I was posting about how annoying it was contending with sub par performance on late gen software. This time Sony and MS gave me an option to get a performance lift for a couple of years, which I took them up on by trading in my base consoles against the cost.
  • Switch024 12 Jan 2019 08:42:29 3,106 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played it late last night and thought it was fantastic. They've got the feel spot on for me and the changes to the Police Station are enough that it feels familiar but new at the same time. Great stuff.

Was always going to be day one but this has just turned that hype dial up another notch. Can't wait.
  • pacrifice 12 Jan 2019 08:51:50 4,553 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Think the demo build is just poor. I'm sure the retail will be fine though.

Ok, saying it's crap was a bit much but I just found it boring and lacking charisma. I'm not saying it isn't a competent game - it'll do what it's supposed to do but I think a lot of these games are missing the key players involved that made them what they were. People like Shinji Milano or look at Assassin's Creed without Patrice Desilets (you should check clips of his new game 'Ancestors', it looks interesting).

I think with those key players not involved, they should do a shadow of the Colossus remake type affair. Fumita Ueda wasn't involved with that but the remake still has the OG feel.

What if they did a resi 1 remake style, fixed camera angles but no door loading screen transitions. That game still looks gorgeous.

• Syrette 12 Jan 2019 08:52:12 50,060 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Going to pass. Just find shooting zombies not all that exciting nowadays.

Yet weirdly The Last of Us is my favourite game of all time :confused:
  • pacrifice 12 Jan 2019 08:54:13 4,553 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Milano, Mikami, what's the difference!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.