Emigrating Page 3

Next Last
  • Dirtbox 15 Jun 2018 17:25:48 91,187 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I will say this, being a PC gamer was a good thing because of Steam. Having your entire game library wherever you are is nice.
  • thelzdking 15 Jun 2018 17:27:21 9,515 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    The only downside, as a gamer, is the internet down there I guess?
    TBH I rarely play games these days. I upgraded to a 360 six months ago and I got halfway through GTA V and haven't touched it since.

The internet is okay in urban areas, but in the sticks it's highly variable. It is expensive though.
  • thelzdking 15 Jun 2018 17:28:59 9,515 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Is lzd mother packing some of her delicious food to take away?
    :D

'Mexican' chicken with potato croquettes and green beans for the 30-something hour flight. Mmmm.
  • BillMurray 15 Jun 2018 17:32:08 9,432 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All the best on your move! I'm fairly jealous at the idea of getting out of Lincolnshire.

New Zealand is top of my bucket list of places to go on holiday/touring on a motorbike. The scenery and the roads look great. Watched a bunch of Kiwi cinema recently aswell so I can definitely see the appeal of the place(i've no idea why i've had such an interest in New Zealand recently). Hope there's a good music scene there too! I've been listening to a lot of Aussie punk bands lately so I hope the scene over in NZ is just as good.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jun 2018 17:55:53 27,332 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I will say this, being a PC gamer was a good thing because of Steam. Having your entire game library wherever you are is nice.
    Just like my PS4 and Switch.
  • thelzdking 15 Jun 2018 18:01:32 9,515 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    All the best on your move! I'm fairly jealous at the idea of getting out of Lincolnshire.

New Zealand is top of my bucket list of places to go on holiday/touring on a motorbike. The scenery and the roads look great. Watched a bunch of Kiwi cinema recently aswell so I can definitely see the appeal of the place(i've no idea why i've had such an interest in New Zealand recently). Hope there's a good music scene there too! I've been listening to a lot of Aussie punk bands lately so I hope the scene over in NZ is just as good.
    Do it. The geography is amazing; the South Island must have some of the best drives in the world. I've never been a motorcycle man, but I'd love to cruise the Banks Peninsula (named after Lincolnshire naturalist Joseph Banks) on a big hog.

The music scene is good, but naturally insular. Lots of mixed bills which is a double-edged sword. Obviously it's difficult to entice DIY bands over though. Plenty of Aussie bands come over though. What Aussie punk are you listening to? I should brush up.
  • BillMurray 15 Jun 2018 18:30:24 9,432 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:

Do it. The geography is amazing; the South Island must have some of the best drives in the world. I've never been a motorcycle man, but I'd love to cruise the Banks Peninsula (named after Lincolnshire naturalist Joseph Banks) on a big hog.

The music scene is good, but naturally insular. Lots of mixed bills which is a double-edged sword. Obviously it's difficult to entice DIY bands over though. Plenty of Aussie bands come over though. What Aussie punk are you listening to? I should brush up.
    I've got a savings account and everything for a NZ trip! Might take a couple of years inbetween other stuff i'm saving for but i'll get there eventually. Funnily enough I think this all started after watching a Regular Car Reviews youtube review(he just reviews ordinary cars and he was doing a NZ series) and all the footage of him running around in an old 90s Mazda. The roads looked nice and smooth and the scenery looked amazing so that seemed like a nice change from the wolds.

Listening back to these tracks they're more like surf-punk pub bands than anything else(definitely just made that up). I think i'm into the laid back, slow and boozy care free life style that their songs are trying to sell.

Edited by BillMurray at 18:41:59 15-06-2018
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.