How is this NOT sexual harrassment? Page 2

  • Graxlar_v3 5 Jul 2018 09:56:14 4,758 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JamboWayOh the world record attempt, i would probably get permission before jus kissing random strangers (also check for any kissing diseases (mono?) also, if someone is paying you 1 for a kiss i think you are on safe ground, i would prob still check for Mono.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 5 Jul 2018 09:57:05 32,207 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    WHEN IS IT INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY
    19TH OF NOVEMBER. WHY ARE WE USING ALL CAPS?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Jul 2018 09:57:37 31,993 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    But what about mens rights?
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jul 2018 10:00:36 10,732 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @JamboWayOh the world record attempt, i would probably get permission before jus kissing random strangers (also check for any kissing diseases (mono?) also, if someone is paying you 1 for a kiss i think you are on safe ground, i would prob still check for Mono.
    I remember when Mono was all the rage in 90s teen shows.
  • ozthegweat 5 Jul 2018 10:00:47 2,109 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    But the 'harm' done is debatably very different, if not on an individual level, then a societal one.
    Why?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 5 Jul 2018 10:01:48 13,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    But the 'harm' done is debatably very different, if not on an individual level, then a societal one.
    Why?
    Because of existing societal inequalities.
  • Psychotext 5 Jul 2018 10:07:56 64,298 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    If he turned around and kissed them back is that consent or harassment?
    Now we're talking. Maybe he should escalate to make up for the original affront?
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jul 2018 10:11:21 10,732 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    If he turned around and kissed them back is that consent or harassment?
    Now we're talking. Maybe he should escalate to make up for the original affront?
    Tbf they were pretty fit.
  • mrpon 5 Jul 2018 10:42:14 34,927 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He looked like he enjoyed it though.

    Wonder if he popped a little boner.
  • Carlo 5 Jul 2018 10:45:26 20,420 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    If he turned around and kissed them back is that consent or harassment?
    Now we're talking. Maybe he should escalate to make up for the original affront?
    Tbf they were pretty fit.
    I suspect this is what it ends up boiling down to. If the kisser is good looking enough (in the eyes of the kissed) everything changes.

    If a minger kisses you... Not OK. If it's some hottie... She's just having some harmless fun.
  • Bambot 5 Jul 2018 10:50:22 1,288 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    This is why I've largely been unsure about what to think about the recent reported cases of male fans kissing female reporters on the cheek.

    I'm not offended by the very concept of it happening - it's a bit naughty, but it's far from being any kind of definable sexual assault.
    Except of course that being a man and going up to a woman you fancy who has no idea who you are and making intimate physical contact with her purely to exercise your male sexual urges, under the expectation that of course they want it and will like it, is in fact an act that is easily definable as sexual harrassment.

    FFS.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Jul 2018 10:50:31 17,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fucking Stacys get to do whatever they want.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 5 Jul 2018 10:53:48 13,366 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really don't understand why the extent of the scale of sexual assault is so hard to grasp, and why people feel that recognising lesser acts this somehow diminish the significance of more serious acts. We understand these nuances perfectly well in other areas.

    We'd all accept that randomly slapping a stranger in the face isn't ok. But recognising that doesn't make murdering them with an axe any less of a crime. So why can't we accept that a similar scale exists for sexual acts without permission?
  • minky-kong 5 Jul 2018 10:57:23 14,099 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    I suspect this is what it ends up boiling down to. If the kisser is good looking enough (in the eyes of the kissed) everything changes.

    If a minger kisses you... Not OK. If it's some hottie... She's just having some harmless fun.
    I'm an absolute Sexual Tyrannosaurus of a Chad so only a 10 (or at a push a high 9 if I'm having an off day) are allowed to kiss me on the cheek without permission.
  • ozthegweat 5 Jul 2018 11:07:39 2,109 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    ozthegweat wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    But the 'harm' done is debatably very different, if not on an individual level, then a societal one.
    Why?
    Because of existing societal inequalities.
    Could you elaborate? Do you mean that kissing a woman is continuing and normalizing the way society has been treating women, while kissing a man is something unusual that doesn't lead to or is part of systematic sexism against men?
  • Bambot 5 Jul 2018 11:18:20 1,288 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    ozthegweat wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    But the 'harm' done is debatably very different, if not on an individual level, then a societal one.
    Why?
    Because of existing societal inequalities.
    Could you elaborate? Do you mean that kissing a woman is continuing and normalizing the way society has been treating women, while kissing a man is something unusual that doesn't lead to or is part of systematic sexism against men?
    YES/NO*

    *delete as appropriate

    Edited by Bambot at 11:19:06 05-07-2018
  • JamesUK 5 Jul 2018 11:50:29 752 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    This is why I've largely been unsure about what to think about the recent reported cases of male fans kissing female reporters on the cheek.

    I'm not offended by the very concept of it happening - it's a bit naughty, but it's far from being any kind of definable sexual assault.
    Except of course that being a man and going up to a woman you fancy who has no idea who you are and making intimate physical contact with her purely to exercise your male sexual urges, under the expectation that of course they want it and will like it, is in fact an act that is easily definable as sexual harrassment.

    FFS.
    My gran doesn't mind me exercising my sexual urges by kissing her on the cheek but she doesn't like it when I push my boner into her hip.
  • fontgeeksogood 5 Jul 2018 11:55:42 4,280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    JamesUK wrote:
    Bambot wrote:
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    This is why I've largely been unsure about what to think about the recent reported cases of male fans kissing female reporters on the cheek.

    I'm not offended by the very concept of it happening - it's a bit naughty, but it's far from being any kind of definable sexual assault.
    Except of course that being a man and going up to a woman you fancy who has no idea who you are and making intimate physical contact with her purely to exercise your male sexual urges, under the expectation that of course they want it and will like it, is in fact an act that is easily definable as sexual harrassment.

    FFS.
    My gran doesn't mind me exercising my sexual urges by kissing her on the cheek but she doesn't like it when I push my boner into her hip.
    : )
  • nickthegun 5 Jul 2018 11:58:28 76,185 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Because if a woman comes up and randomly kisses you, it's gross and annoying.

    If a man randomly kisses a girl, the girl gets worried that it's going to lead to a sexual assault.

    I know that's incredibly reductive but men generally don't live with the constant fear that they are going to be raped by a stranger.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Jul 2018 12:00:24 17,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Speak for yourself. These devilish good looks are a curse I have to carry with me every day.
  • SnackPlissken 5 Jul 2018 12:16:09 595 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I remember having my bum touched by someone in a bar, and looking round to see who it was, and couldn't see who. I felt like I had peaked as a man. But now I feel like I was just a piece of meat for some cougar trying to get herself moist. Disgusting.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jul 2018 12:18:14 10,732 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anyone noticed that Decks brings up his handsome face quite regularly? It's actually making me feel massively Beta.
  • Deleted user 5 July 2018 12:31:46
    @JamboWayOh

    He's a Geordie. He probably looks like something from the hills have eyes.
  • sport 5 Jul 2018 12:37:32 14,719 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Addyb_V2 wrote:
    @JamboWayOh

    He's a Geordie. He probably looks like something from the hills have eyes.
    That's very unfair to the mutants of New Mexico.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Jul 2018 12:38:40 17,472 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Erm, I don't think anyone needs reminding of this man

  • monkman76 5 Jul 2018 12:46:43 13,904 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • Deleted user 5 July 2018 12:49:05
    @Decks

    Could be worse pal, could be a mackem.

    https://goo.gl/images/1s47S4
  • DaM 5 Jul 2018 12:52:39 17,207 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I remember having my bum touched by someone in a bar, and looking round to see who it was, and couldn't see who. I felt like I had peaked as a man. But now I feel like I was just a piece of meat for some cougar trying to get herself moist. Disgusting.
    Did you look down? It was probably a Labrador.
  • fontgeeksogood 5 Jul 2018 12:54:10 4,280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Decks, did you go to Byker Grove man?
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jul 2018 12:56:50 10,732 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Byker Grove was a truly depressing show, like a Ken Loach show for kids.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.