Which movie do you hate the most, and why? Page 4

• gamecat 11 Jul 2018 22:57:09 792 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Avatar: Forgettable preachy nonsense, that would of disappeared but for all the 3D rubbish propelling it to insane levels of box office, and there's another 15 on the way, ugh.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Jul 2018 22:58:20 4,100 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    Speaking of Spielberg, I fucking can't stand, to the point of violence, Hook. It's so fucking, fucking twee.
    This is true.

The only reason I didn't name Hook in my first post in this thread is that I had blanked it from my mind. It is officially the worst movie ever.

Full stop.
  • Trowel 11 Jul 2018 23:21:27 22,146 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bangarang Rogueywon.
  • Kilters 11 Jul 2018 23:32:29 613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Prometheus. There is nothing worse other than the sequel.
  • Dirtbox 12 Jul 2018 00:09:49 90,796 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Spielberg's knack for turning great films onto happily ever after bollocks irks me. AI would have been great if it had ended where it was supposed to, but nope, it got Sberged.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 12 Jul 2018 01:03:24 1,601 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kill Bill

I don't get the love, it's copy paste of great genre films that defined cinema that most people don't give a shit about now.

Crap version of Hong Kong Lee, Crap version of Perfect Blue, Crap version of Leon, etc.

Everyone I know that likes the film hasn't seen the source films - which is even more disappointing as that's the idea of the film.
  • drhickman1983 12 Jul 2018 01:32:57 5,511 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeah, just remembered the Matrix sequels. Reloaded and Revolutions.

The first film is great, and although it's been parodied to shit is really quite iconic.

The sequels are messy, overblown and to pretentious. And the stupid cave rave scene is just embarrassing.

In a similar way, the Hobbit Trilogy is shit. I love the Lord of the Rings films, but the Hobbits misfire constantly. Too long, to much pointless faff, forgettable characters and boring weightless action.
  • Tomo 12 Jul 2018 01:43:20 16,088 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Gran Torino is a good shout. Really didn't like that. Bit too close to how I expect Eastwood actually is.

But, my main ones:
    Insidious
    Terminator Genysis
    Transformers 1 & 2 (gave up after the second but imagine the rest are as awful)
  • Tomo 12 Jul 2018 01:45:43 16,088 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh and a really irrational pair for me... Batman Begins and Dark Knight. Thought they were boring as fuck despite looking beautiful etc. All fun completely sucked out. Give me ice cube Arnie any day.

But I did rather enjoy the 3rd one... Go figure.
  • Skirlasvoud 12 Jul 2018 02:48:15 4,039 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Django Unchained.

There’s something in the way Tarantino turned the concept into a pulpy popcorn flick that rubs me the wrong way.

No love lost for parts of the Inglorious Bastards either.

I love most of his work, but sometimes I feel he does a shoddy job at commandeering weighty subjects to lend unearned weight to his wise-cracking charicatures.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 02:49:46 12-07-2018
  • speedofthepuma 12 Jul 2018 05:32:56 13,421 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have only been offended to hatred by Natural Born Killers.

Struck me as glamourising serial killing, and the satire which was meant to undercut that I felt was too subtle for the popcorn masses.

I think I've even started a thread like this myself about 30 + years ago, and also mentioned that I don't have any time for 2001: A Space Odyssey (boring), and I also hate Forest Gump, which I cannot believe anyone likes, it's just so bad.
  • drhickman1983 12 Jul 2018 05:41:00 5,511 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Oh and a really irrational pair for me... Batman Begins and Dark Knight. Thought they were boring as fuck despite looking beautiful etc. All fun completely sucked out. Give me ice cube Arnie any day.

But I did rather enjoy the 3rd one... Go figure.
    That's a rather odd stance.

That said, whilst I don't hate it I do think The Dark Knight is massively over rates. Ledgers performance is amazing but beyond that the film is kinda mediocre, with so me sections that make the film drag on for longer than it needs to.
  • speedofthepuma 12 Jul 2018 05:41:34 13,421 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Batman Begins is my favourite Batman film
  • Valkyrn 12 Jul 2018 08:21:45 6 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    The Last Jedi, do i need to say more.

but i'd agree that The Revenant is awful boring drivel that goes on for far too long.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Jul 2018 08:25:42 7,744 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Valkyrn wrote:
    The Last Jedi, do i need to say more
    Is it the Mary Sues and the brown people?
  • Load_2.0 12 Jul 2018 08:31:14 27,785 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Twister.

Helen Hunt in bad sunglasses.
    Philip Seymour Hoffman as super annoying cunt.
    Skinny head man as annoying geek.

Its so dull and awful. Its the turd you get on a Sunday afternoon when you are pretending not to accept your weekend is over.
  • nudistpete 12 Jul 2018 08:43:34 404 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Valkyrn wrote:
    Or is it that it takes all the mythology from the previous film and flushes it down the toilet for no sound reason?

I actually enjoyed TLJ, but it isn't a good Star Wars film.
  • Valkyrn 12 Jul 2018 08:49:30 6 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    Valkyrn wrote:
    Or is it that it takes all the mythology from the previous film and flushes it down the toilet for no sound reason?

I honestly don't even think it's good as a film. Full of plot holes and that space chase... I hate to jump on any bandwagon but i totally agree with all the hate thrown at TLJ.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Jul 2018 09:03:56 2,358 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Good points on this page, I agree that ANY of the 'dark' Batman films are stupid. The character is so ridiculous and hypocritical that really if there's no Bat Dance then it deserves to die in a fire
  • Deleted user 12 July 2018 09:08:37
    Kilters wrote:
    Prometheus. There is nothing worse other than the sequel.
    If the sequel is worse, how can Prometheus be the film you hate the most?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Jul 2018 09:10:20 7,833 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fight Club

I never really got the hype but mainly hate it for it being taken at face value and becoming the core text for MRAs, Incels, the alt right and assorted wouldbe mass shooters and online garbage people.

Although I say taken at face value, part of me feels like it was always that and those people haven't really misread it at all.
  • Load_2.0 12 Jul 2018 09:11:30 27,785 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Star Wars biggest problem is when it became cool to be a fan. Now everyone can name every obscure character and differentiate between star destroyers.

The originals are fun movies about space wizards, people are far too invested in the hype.
  • Deleted user 12 July 2018 09:20:04
    Valkyrn wrote:
    nudistpete wrote:
    Valkyrn wrote:

I honestly don't even think it's good as a film. Full of plot holes and that space chase... I hate to jump on any bandwagon but i totally agree with all the hate thrown at TLJ.
    I find it hilarious that people assume that anyone who dislikes TLJ must be a racist or a sexist, especially as I found Rose (the character and Tran's performance) to be one of the film's few redeeming features.

My complaint about the film was simply that it claimed to be much more than it was and didn't even remotely come close to achieving what it set out to do. Every story strand felt undeveloped. Space Leia felt like pointless fan service. I'm guessing there was some point about judging people by appearances and demeanours in the character of Admiral Holdo, but nothing was ever made of it. Luke's disaffection with the Jedi Order was ticked off in a single, short scene, although it was supposed to be the crux of all of his actions in the film.

The net effect of TLJ for me was that it simply didn't entertain or move me. I even found Episodes 1 & 3 entertaining. I'm not sure whether I'd put Episode 2 or 8 at the bottom of my ranking list, but they're pretty close (not seen Solo yet so I can't judge).
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Jul 2018 09:21:55 4,078 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    my disappointment stemmed from it trying (and failing) to make every dramatic thing 'funny'.

But then opinions are unique to an individual and me not liking it should not take away from anyone elses enjoyment of it.
  • Deleted user 12 July 2018 09:25:36
    Anyway, I'm going to throw my hat in for

The Wicker Man

(The Nic Cage remake, not the British original)

A film that is absolutely oozing with misogyny on the part of the scriptwriters and director, easily Nic Cage's worst performance. It feels like a generally needlessly spiteful film, like incel propaganda.
  • nudistpete 12 Jul 2018 09:30:50 404 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    my disappointment stemmed from it trying (and failing) to make every dramatic thing 'funny'.
    I think this is a massive part of it. It felt like someone (director, writer?) was trying a bit too hard to be irreverent, and (in my opinion) if this meant dead ending some of the mythology (who is Rey, why does Kylo wear a mask, who are the Knights who say Ni (of Ren), etc.) for a cheap laugh then so be it.

I think it really worked for Luke, btw. It just didn't work for anything else.
  • Blakester 12 Jul 2018 09:31:30 4,519 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Holiday

Offends me in almost every way.
  • Load_2.0 12 Jul 2018 09:43:25 27,785 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anally?
  • elstoof 12 Jul 2018 09:48:29 21,120 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Everything Zach Snyder’s touched has been shit, especially Watchmen
  • OllyJ 12 Jul 2018 09:48:44 4,158 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Devils Rejects

HATE.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.