RIP Kofi Annan Page 3

• RyanDS 18 Aug 2018 15:41:26 12,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Upset that this one isn't about you ecosse?
    Nah, not sure why you have to be so abusive to everyone you donít like. Just put him on ignore and stop behaving like a piece of shit.
    To be fair there are a few people here who deserve the shit. RandolphCarter, letsgo etc.

Full disclosure I used to dislike you in the old Nintendo days but you are a good chap in the main these days and genuinely appreciate your travel tips etc. Some people are annoying in some ways but have redeeming features and are not one trick ponies. Letsgo is pretty much the epitome of those and while I dislike dogpiles I am yet to see him make a single contribution to this forum.
  • Deleted user 18 August 2018 15:51:38
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Janet, are you a re-reg?
    That's my terrible secret.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 18 Aug 2018 15:54:34 16,705 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Nah, not sure why you have to be so abusive to everyone you donít like. Just put him on ignore and stop behaving like a piece of shit.
    To be fair there are a few people here who deserve the shit. RandolphCarter, letsgo etc.

Full disclosure I used to dislike you in the old Nintendo days but you are a good chap in the main these days and genuinely appreciate your travel tips etc. Some people are annoying in some ways but have redeeming features and are not one trick ponies. Letsgo is pretty much the epitome of those and while I dislike dogpiles I am yet to see him make a single contribution to this forum.
    This may be true in your experience, but can you claim to read every thread? He goes out of his way to ruin certain threads with no agenda beyond that. He can play the victim as much as he likes but this is deserved.
  • RyanDS 18 Aug 2018 16:00:26 12,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No I donít read every thread. But I do see threads where he contributes and we can have a chat.

Honestly given the amount of paedo shit thrown at him I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He gets shit thrown at him even when he genuinely contributes.

Hell I was a dick when I started here and had a few run ins with you but got over it.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Aug 2018 16:02:13 27,334 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Decks wrote:

This may be true in your experience, but can you claim to read every thread? He goes out of his way to ruin certain threads with no agenda beyond that. He can play the victim as much as he likes but this is deserved.
    Can you?
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Aug 2018 16:05:23 27,334 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Decks wrote:

Yeah, I was a twat back then, can't blame you.

LetsGo annoys the shit out of me in the politics thread and deserves stick for ignoring evidence when provided etc. However, in this thread he didn't really do anything wrong as such so the pile on was IMO unnecessary.
    I have RandophCarter on ignore as he only prints nonsense of no value, if people really think a user is of no value then ignore is clearly the best option for everyone.
  • monkman76 18 Aug 2018 16:06:05 14,898 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He doesn't need to have read every thread to make that point, just some of the ones that you shit up. Recent example, the world cup thread.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 18 Aug 2018 16:06:34 16,705 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Honestly I wish the paedo thing would stop, and it gives him the excuse he needs to behave the way he does anyway.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Aug 2018 16:07:20 27,334 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    He doesn't need to have read every thread to make that point, just some of the ones that you shit up. Recent example, the world cup thread.
    i.e. the only example.
  • Lukus 18 Aug 2018 16:15:43 22,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    LetsGoAGAIN wrote:
    Some really terrible ugly people in thjs thread, either wanting to attack me or make jokes about Kofi.

He was a guy whos career I followed closly, one that not only proved you can come from Africa and be one of the most important men in the world, but also saved countless lives.

He was an amazing individual.
    Are you sure you didn't just read his obituary somewhere online and get an erection?.. 🤔
  • JamboWayOh 18 Aug 2018 16:30:07 14,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ecosse can be annoying but I then suppose we all can be on this forum. Although going on about how much he spends on cooling pillows and mattresses doesn't really help his cause. The paedo jibes are a bit much too.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Aug 2018 16:34:35 27,334 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Ecosse can be annoying but I then suppose we all can be on this forum. Although going on about how much he spends on cooling pillows and mattresses doesn't really help his cause. The paedo jibes are a bit much too.
    I never, not even once went on about how much I spent. I mentioned the glory of technogel as someone was talking about their head being too hot when sleeping and another about beds. People started taking the piss out of technogel, plenty of which was good hearted but the usual suspects started being nasty.

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 16:35:03 18-08-2018
  • You-can-call-me-kal 18 Aug 2018 16:41:45 16,705 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Youíve literally admitted to following me around the forum ruining every thread I post in because you think itís fun. And I must be the only person on this forum who has never called you a paedo so you donít even have that excuse. Youíre a serial troll and revel in the fact. I literally cannot believe you have the temerity to act like butter wouldnít melt. Youíre unbelievable.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Aug 2018 16:54:30 21,194 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I personally give not a single shit about whether any of the forum's drama magnets (ecosse, letsgo, darkmorgado, randolph, whoever) "deserve" the pages and pages of posts dedicated to useless, petty insults about them.

I get it, you don't like each other. But as an observer who's not really involved with any of it, I find it really fucking annoying when threads get derailed because people can't keep it in their pants. I don't care who started it, because You. Don't. Have. To. Respond. To. It.

Is someone really annoying you? Just use the damn ignore function, or take the fight outside and let the rest of us drink in peace.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Aug 2018 16:54:52 21,194 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was for you, Kofi.
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Aug 2018 16:58:08 27,334 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youíve literally admitted to following me around the forum ruining every thread I post in because you think itís fun. And I must be the only person on this forum who has never called you a paedo so you donít even have that excuse. Youíre a serial troll and revel in the fact. I literally cannot believe you have the temerity to act like butter wouldnít melt. Youíre unbelievable.
    I never admitted any such thing, I enjoy a lot of what you post. No idea where you got that from.
  • ZuluHero 18 Aug 2018 17:13:35 7,528 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And I must be the only person on this forum who has never called you a paedo so you donít even have that excuse.
    Really? The only person on here? Well that makes me look at people like Boo, Dfawkes, Kent or Roguey in a totally different light...

Sorry to point it out. Normally I find your posting style to be pretty logical, concise and well thought out but that really stood out. I know it's easy for some people to get under your skin but try not to tar everyone with the same brush eh? :)
  • Lukus 18 Aug 2018 17:21:28 22,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's probably best not to take everything that's written so literally...
  • RyanDS 18 Aug 2018 17:34:42 12,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Has he though? (Genuine question)

I know he has the street food Schtick but I only see it when it is at least semi appropriate eg when someone mentions travelling. I havenít seen him go on about technogel apart from when he is goaded. Hell, you could probably moan about me and MotoGP because I try and slip in the glory of that whenever I can but as I am not such a known name people let it slip
  • askew 18 Aug 2018 17:35:33 19,744 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JanetSnakehole wrote:
    If Kofi had posted on eurogamer he'd have given up on diplomacy years ago.
    Retired 2012 ;)
  • Frogofdoom 18 Aug 2018 17:36:26 13,915 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How about the homophobic posts?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 18 Aug 2018 17:38:11 16,705 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    And I must be the only person on this forum who has never called you a paedo so you donít even have that excuse.
    Really? The only person on here? Well that makes me look at people like Boo, Dfawkes, Kent or Roguey in a totally different light...

Sorry to point it out. Normally I find your posting style to be pretty logical, concise and well thought out but that really stood out. I know it's easy for some people to get under your skin but try not to tar everyone with the same brush eh? :)
    hyperbole
    hʌɪˈpəːbəli/Submit
    noun
    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
  • THFourteen 18 Aug 2018 18:35:36 52,785 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Nice tribute to the world's top diplomat, guys. 10/10
    :D
    POTD
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Aug 2018 19:36:15 27,334 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HYPERBOWL
    Y
    P
    E
    R
    B
    O
    W
    L
  • ZuluHero 18 Aug 2018 19:55:01 7,528 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal

Don't worry about it, thanks for clarifying.
  • Deleted user 18 August 2018 20:10:32
    This is as good a place as any to post it. I've just seen on the news that Kofi Annan had died.
  • sport 18 Aug 2018 20:12:50 15,171 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JanetSnakehole wrote:
    This is as good a place as any to post it. I've just seen on the news that Kofi Annan had died.
    This thread was never about Kofi. Please feel free to start a new one.
  • AgentDaleCooper 18 Aug 2018 20:20:32 1,324 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Main takeaway of thread: nobody on the EG forums give a fuck Annan passed.
  • richarddavies 18 Aug 2018 20:21:37 6,810 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd like to think kofi's kids one day decide to do a Google search to see what tributes there are online and stumble upon this shitstorm.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.