IGN's editor's breathtaking plagiarism Page 3

Next Last
  • JoeBlade 21 Aug 2018 21:54:13 4,459 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Guys, is nobody else frankly outraged that user neilka has not only got an enriched life outside making me lol on the internets, he's also probably had full sex with a woman
    I'm literally shaking with anger.
  • fontgeeksogood 21 Aug 2018 22:01:12 6,722 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    There's no breadbin lid for emotional distress
  • Dirtbox 21 Aug 2018 23:57:38 91,187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Innit wrote:
    How did this clown shoes get away with this for so long?
    Reliance on the knowledge that no one will bother transcribing his videos and googling the script. His stumbling block was ripping off a video from someone who gives a shit about IGN.
  • up_the_ante 22 Aug 2018 00:44:53 1,096 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Innit wrote:
    How did this clown shoes get away with this for so long?
    I'd say he started off with little bits that weren't that detectable and got more brazen/sloppy as he realised no one was picking it up. But to steal whole chunks of someone elses review and think they won't ever read it or notice the similarity is pretty stupid.
  • up_the_ante 22 Aug 2018 00:52:27 1,096 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I also like the fact that he said all reviews are basically written by googling the other reviews. That means the second review is based on the first review, the 3rd review based on the first two.... Very important to get a favourable first review then!
  • Tonka 22 Aug 2018 10:40:15 29,757 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I enjoy how he say that most reviews are usually done by googling other reviews. So then review number two is based on the first, number three on the first couple.... Better get a favourable review first then!
  • richardiox 22 Aug 2018 10:45:07 7,751 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Classic entitled talentless YouTube-made ’influencer'. Grown up obsessing over likes and shares. Vacuous cunts.
  • mothercruncher 22 Aug 2018 12:19:43 16,466 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    +1
    👍
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 22 Aug 2018 12:30:16 6,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Would be fun if a major site could put out a few deliberately incorrect reviews, just to see how far they can get misinformation to cascade.

Could start with something relatively innocuous, like complimenting Forza Horizon 4 on its varied weapons selection (some car games feature guns, right?). Then move onto a critique of the Unicorn Jousting mode in Battlefield V. If people are still biting at that point, see if you can get anybody to pick up the reporting on the Human Centipede world in Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Aug 2018 14:13:06 10,899 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rogueywon I love the stories of how old map makers used to do this to catch out copycats
  • Load_2.0 22 Aug 2018 15:02:44 29,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @craigy
    @rauper

On the 15th of November 2001 I gave Halo an 8 out of 10 score on my obscure video games and ludo enthusiasts blog, which went against 99.5% of the mainstream reviews.

Shortly after the website Eurogamer gave Microsoft's Halo.... Yes you guessed it. 8/10

Coincidence? i think we will let the courts decide. Of course if Eurogamer are willing to settle, well I am willing to talk.
  • senso-ji 22 Aug 2018 15:14:38 9,783 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You should be more concerned about giving Halo an 8 - it's a 6/10 at best.

Your video game reviewing credibility is now worthless.
  • sport 22 Aug 2018 15:28:20 15,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah Ludo, the game of champions.
  • neems 22 Aug 2018 16:25:23 4,654 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Tonka

I demand you apologise to a bunch of people only tangentially connected to the issue while completely ignoring user up_the_ante.
  • JoeBlade 22 Aug 2018 17:23:07 4,459 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Would be fun if a major site could put out a few deliberately incorrect reviews, just to see how far they can get misinformation to cascade.

Could start with something relatively innocuous, like complimenting Forza Horizon 4 on its varied weapons selection (some car games feature guns, right?). Then move onto a critique of the Unicorn Jousting mode in Battlefield V. If people are still biting at that point, see if you can get anybody to pick up the reporting on the Human Centipede world in Kingdom Hearts 3.
    A comedy crew did something in that vein with the media over here in Belgium. They sent in alleged newsworthy articles that seemed believable but, when fact checked, would easily be revealed as nonsense and when simply inspected more closely would immediately strike anyone with a triple digit IQ as probably complete bollocks.

Pretty much all the recipients published/broadcast them word for word and it spread to other media as well. They even managed to pull that off multiple times.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.