Firewall: Zero Hour Page 8

• Decap 13 Sep 2018 21:01:35 142 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Do you guys play sitting or standing? Which one do you find to be better. My aim got better once I started to move my head more and use less of the analog stick to turn, old habits I guess. Only turn via stick when I need to actually change direction.
  • 1Dgaf 14 Sep 2018 02:36:46 5,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I stand. I assumed I had to stand to crouch. Turns out there's a crouch button.

But I stood standing, because it feels more immersive and I think I can probably get degrees of movement that wouldn't be possible sitting.
  • philreeduk 14 Sep 2018 10:49:09 485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I will be getting this at the end of the month, I am looking forward to playing with you all! Philreeduk is my psn id
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Sep 2018 10:59:14 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireWallZeroHour/comments/9fdkfe/firewall_zero_hour_developer_ama_this_friday_sept/
  • AboutHalfaStevas 14 Sep 2018 11:28:27 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/09/12/team-based-ps-vr-shooter-firewall-zero-hours-upcoming-gameplay-updates-detailed/
  • Reacher 14 Sep 2018 17:57:10 2,785 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got my cable just in time for the weekend ( I needed a new 10m LAN). So feel free to add me on

Willbert07

If you need another scouser to join the ranks. I should be available most of the evening until late and tomorrow evening until late.
  • Reacher 14 Sep 2018 22:36:49 2,785 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm onnow if anyone fancies a game. turns out, I'm quite good at it.
  • TheRealBadabing 15 Sep 2018 17:02:01 1,832 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @AboutHalfaStevas Sadly, I skimmed through that AMA and the few questions answered by the devs regarding Aim drift fell back on the old "it's probably your setup" line. Admittedly they said they were talking to Sony about the issue but the general impression was a massive shrug of their shoulders.

Drift is an issue with all PSVR games. Unfortunately with Firewall it becomes game-breaking. You can spend a good while crouching in a corner, communicating with your team and formulating a plan. When the bad guys appear your plan has worked and you say "AHA!! got you bastards". You raise your assault rifle only to find that it has drifted by 30 degrees and your shots are comically inaccurate.

Yes, you can give it a shake but even after that your drift can continue in the middle of a firefight. No other title has such extreme drift.

Genuinely gutted as this was going to be my PSVR killer app.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2018 17:30:21 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I know I keep saying this but I've barely had a problem since putting the camera up high and making the room gloomy when I play. I play seated though, dunno Iif it makes a difference.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 15 Sep 2018 18:19:53 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How much higher than your eye level you got it?
    Oh, and my surgical gloves seemed to minimise it...

You heard.

Edited by AboutHalfaStevas at 18:20:36 15-09-2018
  • TheRealBadabing 15 Sep 2018 18:26:30 1,832 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Decks I started with the camera high and playing in a dim room. Tried every other option. As I said Firewall is the only game it is an issue.

Seems strongly linked to battery levels in the Aim or more likely a cumulative error. 2 hours/50% battery seems to be the tipping point. Even an in-game recharge using a battery pack doesn't solve it once the drift has started, which is why I think it is a software issue.

Most people saying they have no issues tend to only play an hour or so at a time. Bit annoying when the game is so heavily reliant on grinding levels to get better kit. Also, the game is so damned good I want to play more ffs.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2018 18:58:47 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    How much higher than your eye level you got it?
    Oh, and my surgical gloves seemed to minimise it...

You heard.
    It's in the loft.

And yeah fair point about the batteries, I have heard its a potential problem. I'm never really in it longer than an hour or so.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 15 Sep 2018 21:14:11 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I assume you mean it's way above you and not a consideration.
    I tend to use the aim plugged in and lol at the "unplug to improve your VR experience" message.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Sep 2018 21:22:37 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was just doing a little joke. It's about 75cm above my eyeline. It's kind of looking at me slightly side on as well which I imagine helps it not get the mask lights and aim lights confused when I think about.
  • 1Dgaf 16 Sep 2018 19:45:36 5,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've only noticed drift in the game once. A couple of waggles and I didn't see it again.

Even with the drift issues, I think that's the price we pay for having an affordable way of being inside other worlds.
  • Decap 18 Sep 2018 08:23:07 142 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Been playing this now for a few days. Turns out there's a healthy community from Finland so no problems getting a team up.
    It's a great game! Just wish that they fix the matchmaking and give option to switch sides after a game, instead of taking everyone back to lobby. You spend more time on lobbies than actually playing.
    Oh and they really need to nerf the jammers, they are seriously overpowered with that range. They should't work from another floor above/down. (But I believe they already said that the jammers are getting a nerf?)

I believe the players having drift issues and that not being entirely setups fault. I put my camera on a tripod above my eye-level and it's been very consistent, but yesterday my gun just started to drift heavily during a game while nothing changed on my setup/lights etc. Was weird and it stopped after the round though. (I also put everything down on the floor for a while).
  • 1Dgaf 20 Sep 2018 23:19:19 5,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've not been around for a while, but I hope to be again in ten days or so.
  • 1Dgaf 29 Sep 2018 13:57:35 5,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had some good games with randoms last night. We lost because the other team rushed but it was exciting.

Great game.

I did try to join Stevas' group but couldn't since the party limit was four.

I really think that playing in a group people shoudl leave the party open and not worry about speaking in game.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 13:58:20 29-09-2018
  • AboutHalfaStevas 29 Sep 2018 15:33:21 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, basically, at this point, I'm getting invited soon as I appear online; this game has expanded my friend list like no other. Also, I was in and out a party/game session for an hour and a half because of the new 1.03 patch "fixes" (sigh). They've speeded up matchmaking, and... Broken quite a bit else.
  • philreeduk 8 Oct 2018 08:47:52 485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just got this yesterday, Does anyone still play? Feel free to add me. My Psn is phillreeduk. Will go through the thread and add those who already left their id's
  • richardiox 8 Oct 2018 09:03:02 7,328 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What's better for a good intro to fps VR with the aim controller, this or Farpoint? Doubt I'll be doing any multi-player.

Also, it's annoying you can't clip a ps move to the aim controller. To get the most from the psvr library, my psvr plastic pile has to include 2x moves AND the aim controller? Nintendo levels of peripherals.
  • Mojojoefish 8 Oct 2018 11:59:10 11 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @richardiox single player in this is very thin, little more than an extended tutorial for learning maps, testing equipment. The bots offer little challenge.

Multiplayer is the nuts.

That said, you are prolly looking for farpoint, which is a fairly substantial single player

Edited by Mojojoefish at 11:59:49 08-10-2018
  • AboutHalfaStevas 8 Oct 2018 14:33:05 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, don't get this unless you're going multi.

Mind, if you are going multi, and you get a decent communicative squad together, it's the best thing ever.

I'm still on, but usually not until gone ten UK time.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2018 14:34:15 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I need to try to get back into. Last time I played I was awful which put me off a bit.

They're currently play testing a few new maps apparently.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 8 Oct 2018 14:50:21 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I always say, I'd rather be on a team of talkers that loses, than a team of mutes that wins. The more entertaining the bants, the less I care about winning. I've built up a friend list of those who feel the same way. Besides which, even if you're shit at shooting, you can still be extremely useful on the CCTV; someone who is good at merely communicating what's going on to those remaining is a huge plus to the team - I would rather be one versus three with good eyes in the sky, than on the three v one with a mute dead and not helping.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2018 15:12:16 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    I always say, I'd rather be on a team of talkers that loses, than a team of of mutes that wins
    Surely you don't always say that. People must think you're insane.

"What do you want for dinner Steve?"

"You know, I'd rather be on a team of talkers that loses, than a team of of mutes that wins"

"Steve I want you to go and see someone about this"
  • AboutHalfaStevas 8 Oct 2018 15:37:50 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Another thing I always say, is: "who is this Steve, and why do we all think he's crazy?"
  • JBlokeUK 16 Oct 2018 06:34:18 2,306 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is the best game I've played over the last 5 years, just brilliant. Who needs Call of Duty? I certainly don't.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 16 Oct 2018 12:13:09 1,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've come to the conclusion that my drifting/aiming issue is down to interference.

I noticed on using my headset 2.0 that if I move my head around (where I normally sit) it'll drop in and out; I can get it to drop in exactly the same spots, every time, just as it would with an interference pattern.

It isn't my own router (I've tried switching WiFi off), so the only thing I can think of is next doors router signal is interfering with Bluetooth devices in my current setup location (and we can't tell the PS4 to work over usb with the Aim, as we can with the dualshocks).

TL;DR version: arse.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 16 Oct 2018 12:19:21 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Have you tied encasing the room in tinfoil?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.