The Nintendo Switch eShop Recommendation Thread Page 9

Next Last
  • DangerousDave_87 7 Apr 2019 10:41:42 6,236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yes, I do need to sort that out. The kind folk who put it up appears to have abandoned their post. I was considering bringing back the Google Doc list, but was wondering whether or not it would still be worth it.

Edit - I'll have a look at the list again tonight and see what can be done. I'm sure there's plenty of games that need to be added to it as it has gone without update for a looooong time. All suggestions welcome!

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 10:51:46 07-04-2019
  • rice_sandwich 7 Apr 2019 10:51:20 5,580 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

It works ok for the Play What You Get thread. Probably best if one person updates it and everyone else can read it. The good thing about a spreadsheet is that you can track a variety of info and filter it etc. Of course you would have to set up various fields such as genre, publisher, multiplayer etc. and that takes some effort to start up.
  • DangerousDave_87 8 Apr 2019 21:51:39 6,236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Before I dig out this old list again, has anyone got anything kind to say about Pixel Junk Monsters 2 or Hob? I've got both on my wishlist at the moment. Just looking for something to fill the gap between FF7 and Baba Is You at the moment. Would rather not sink too much time into Rocket League if I can help it.
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2019 21:57:53 31,776 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hob is great.
  • rice_sandwich 8 Apr 2019 21:58:18 5,580 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wrong thread...oops

Edited by rice_sandwich at 23:47:34 08-04-2019
  • rice_sandwich 8 Apr 2019 23:48:14 5,580 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

Try the Pixeljunk demo if you haven't already.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Apr 2019 06:47:43 7,253 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 hob is great little Adventure game. Pixeljunk monsters is an awesome little tower Defense game that gets hard quick. It has also seen some heavy discounting so maybe wait for it to go on offer again.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Apr 2019 10:36:50 6,236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers for the tips! I will wait for a future discount on PJM2. I played the demo and liked the simplicity of it. It all clicked very quickly. Looks like it may involve some trial and error, but I enjoyed it. I only got to play the one level, though!
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Apr 2019 11:08:43 6,236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm working through this list again at the moment and it's already pretty big. 87 games and I've yet to add anything new to it. I don't think we've updated the list in close to a year now, so that's pretty impressive. It does look a little overwhelming though, so I have come up with two possible solutions to the problem.

Firstly (and this could be implemented in either scenario), I could start adding pages to the sheet that help break up the list into genres, like the eShop. Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Shooter, Multiplayer, Strategy, etc... Would folk be ok with that?

Secondly, I was thinking about starting the list again from scratch and having some kind of 'Hall of Fame' vote each week in which we could all nominate and vote for a number of games to be added to the list each week. I've only considered this because there are possibly some games on that list that may not be as deserving of a place anymore (due to the high number of games that have been released since this project was last active).

Thoughts on a postcard, please!
  • rice_sandwich 9 Apr 2019 12:56:03 5,580 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

Just do something and tell people what you've decided. I find this approach works best as people are too lazy to bother but happy to go along with any reasonable proposal.
  • rice_sandwich 30 Jun 2019 08:26:50 5,580 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Take a look at Penguin Wars if you're looking for a local multiplayer game that anyone can pick up and play in a minute. I'm getting a Super Monkey Ball mini game vibe from it, although the game is nothing like SMB mini games. It's basically 2 to 4 player dodgeball with various power ups. There is a single player campaign but I reckon it's best as a local multiplayer game. Simple stuff but quite a laugh. Seems to be some dlc with extra characters but it's not available yet on the eshop.

Eshop link:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Penguin-Wars-1587933.html#Gallery

Youtube gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBh9AM9FRU8
  • DangerousDave_87 30 Jun 2019 08:37:46 6,236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't even realise this was out! I remember playing it on the Gameboy years ago! Was good fun.
  • rice_sandwich 30 Jun 2019 09:05:24 5,580 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't know it was a Gameboy game. I suppose it's likely to be much the same but with better graphics. I'll have to look up some info on it.
  • DangerousDave_87 30 Jun 2019 10:05:03 6,236 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It probably plays a bit better these days, but it was quite fun back then. It got very hard for a game with a mighty simple concept. It's best not to spam-throw everything as you quickly become defenceless.

Watching the gameplay video is giving me Tetris 99 vibes.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.