The Nintendo Switch eShop Recommendation Thread Page 2

• rice_sandwich 31 Aug 2018 19:50:06 5,607 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    +1 for:

Has Been Heroes (Very high learning curve but awesome if you can get over it)

Piczle Lines DX (Mobile port. Hundreds of number link puzzles. Calming)

Yoku's Island Express - (2018 GOTY)

Strikers 1945

Kingdom New Lands

Inversus (Nice co-op and 2 player options)

Vostok Inc

The Last Blade

Uurnog Unlimited (What a weird game. It's oddly enjoyable if slightly unfathomable)

-1 for:

Golf Story (Super repetitive and overly long. More a case of mediocre design than bad programming)

Neurovoider (I just can't get on with the controls)

Slime-San (I like it but it's excruciatingly difficult and hard to make progress. Lots of content if you are good enough)

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 (Pretty shonky and terrible in general. Avoid)

Edited by rice_sandwich at 19:51:15 31-08-2018
  • JoelStinty 31 Aug 2018 20:36:37 8,065 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ohh I forgot Celeste (+1)
  • DangerousDave_87 31 Aug 2018 20:49:43 6,310 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Right! The list has been updated! I think that's every nomination and vote counted for. What do folk think I should do about games that have only been mentioned negatively? Say for example, rice_sandwhich has said "boo" to both Resident Evil Revelations games. Do I add them to the list with a point against each, or should I just log them on a new page for rejected/unpopular games?
  • richardiox 31 Aug 2018 21:04:56 7,751 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Voting!

Steamworld Dig 2
    Vostoc Inc ++
    Dead Cells +++
    Hollow Knight
    Stardew Valley
    Golf Story
    Yoku's Island Express +++
  • Deleted user 31 August 2018 21:08:24
    A few to add.

The binding of Isaac
    The next Penelope
    Rive
    Garage
  • Deleted user 31 August 2018 21:09:28
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Right! The list has been updated! I think that's every nomination and vote counted for. What do folk think I should do about games that have only been mentioned negatively? Say for example, rice_sandwhich has said "boo" to both Resident Evil Revelations games. Do I add them to the list with a point against each, or should I just log them on a new page for rejected/unpopular games?
    No because rice is clearly on spice if he thinks the revelation games are crap. Just say no folks.
  • rice_sandwich 31 Aug 2018 21:12:11 5,607 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe it's just me but I absolutely hated both of them. Not my kind of thing at all. By a country mile. I appreciate I may be the only one who thinks this.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2018 21:13:41
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    Maybe it's just me but I absolutely hated both of them. Not my kind of thing at all. By a country mile. I appreciate I may be the only one who thinks this.
    I only jest matey. If you don't like them, you don't like em. I'm a resi nut so just assume everyone likes them.
  • DakeyrasUK 31 Aug 2018 22:32:52 2,979 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I give votes for:

Oceanhorn - a great homage to Zelda wind waker. Kept me entertained for more than 15 hours.

Snakepass - a superb looking game with intuitive controls for basic movement that are at time frustrating to master, but putting the time in really makes this a fun game for 100% completionists.

Sonic Mania - like Sonic? Get this game.

I am Setsuna - for fans of old school turn based jrpgs. You get a good 30 hrs of gameplay for what is fun if not unique fable.

Snipperclips - brilliant couch Co op fun. You will be sure to descend into pissing each other off and laughing your heads off.

Thimbleweed park - a superb throwback to adventure games/click and point puzzle games of the past. Think monkey Island, full throttle, broken sword. Plenty of really fun and head scratching puzzles involving all manner of random items in obscure ways.

Fast racing neo - high speed racing. If you want f zero look no further.

Puyopuyo tetris - love couch multilayer shenanigans? Then get this game to take part in the mash up madness. Has an utterly barmy campaign story too!

All Jack box party packs - great for large gathering of friends making the most of everyone having smart phones in the modern age. Lots of laughter is assured when you start answering with you in jokes you share with your opponents.
  • el_pollo_diablo 31 Aug 2018 23:54:24 2,964 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    + Yoku
    + Isaac
    + Mr Shifty
    + Fast RMX
    + Celeste

- Mummy Demastered
    - Forma8
    - Snake Pass

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 23:56:01 31-08-2018
  • Tomo 31 Aug 2018 23:56:23 16,701 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    + Lumines Remastered
    + Dead Cells
    + Snipperclips

- Snake Pass (hate to say it)
  • rwklau 1 Sep 2018 00:21:44 145 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    + Yoku
    + Puyo Puyo Tetris
    + Lumines Remastered
    + Snipperclips

+ Hyper Sentinel (For those nostalgic for the C=64 era)
    + Death Squared (Another good co-op puzzler)
  • Mola_Ram 1 Sep 2018 05:16:44 21,170 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't want to downvote anything (yet), but I think Salt and Sanctuary should be on there.
  • speedofthepuma 1 Sep 2018 05:40:24 13,428 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What a superb thread, well done.

+1 for:
    Dead cells, you island express, hollow knight, and steam world dig 2.
  • monkman76 1 Sep 2018 06:29:06 14,894 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I don't want to downvote anything (yet), but I think Salt and Sanctuary should be on there.
    Downvoted?
  • GuybrushFreepwood 1 Sep 2018 06:48:19 1,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Are you including AAA games as well or just Nindies / exclusive to eshop?

I think Okami should be on the list, Lego Worlds, and Worms WMD (are those last two eshop only though?) . Maybe Portal Knights and Riptide Renegade. Oxenfree, Kamiko, Cat Quest, Vostock, Ys VIII and Paladins.

+1 for snipperclips, Yoko, and Death Squared

Heard good things about Human Fall Flat (currently 50% off) , but don't know anyone who has played it.
  • CalamityJames 1 Sep 2018 07:05:20 241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh, I didn't notice this thread when I posted in the main Switch one.

If The Messenger looks remotely like your kind of thing, buy it. It has some of the tightest controls I've seen in ages, and basically feels like playing an improved version of the old 2D Ninja Gaiden games.

If anything in this video makes you go "ooh that looks cool", you won't regret buying it:

• rice_sandwich 1 Sep 2018 07:38:48 5,607 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood

I don't think we should include very well known or AAA games on the list. I think the intention is to highlight smaller titles that are easily overlooked.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 1 Sep 2018 07:44:15 1,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @rice_sandwich makes sense thanks.
  • DangerousDave_87 1 Sep 2018 11:55:48 6,310 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the contributions! The list is coming together nicely! Yoku's Island Express and Hollow Knight are currently tied for the most popular game (9 votes each). Snake Pass would win the Marmite award, if ever there was one. Snipperclips is joint 3rd with Dead Cells (6 votes each), which surprises me. It's a great little game, but I found it a little on the short side.

In regards to the list, I've included Puyo Puyo Tetris. I know I'm treading a fine line there. I didn't want to include any major retail releases, for obvious reasons. However, there's definitely a space for games that have had retail releases, but have disappeared off the radar shortly after. If folk think Puyo Puyo has no place on this list, let me know and I'll scrub it off.

Also, I've had someone approach me about turning the list into a website. It's not something I can afford to host at the minute, but they sound like they have the technical capabilities necessary to pull it off. I was just trying to capture to opinions of the Eurogamer gang, but I suppose there is no harm if someone takes this on as a full web project that users can interactive with and contribute too. :)
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Sep 2018 12:28:57 14,635 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have liked everything I have played to some degree. But trying to keep with the thread scoring:

Hollow Knight +
    Stardew Valley +
    Sonic Mania +
    Gorogoa +
    Portal Bridge Builder +

Picross
    Sexy Brutale
    Snake Pass

Word Search by POWG -
    Pokemon Quest -
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Sep 2018 12:30:32 14,635 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Slight problem is something like Gorogoa (which is great) is never going to do that well as not many people have played it.
  • DangerousDave_87 1 Sep 2018 12:36:37 6,310 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That is true. I'm not sure what the solution is there. I guess we really shouldn't be looking at this as some kind of leaderboard. I'm hoping folk will look at the list, find a genre, then a game, look at the trailer and then finally see what others think. Obviously some games will be more popular than others, but hopefully its enough just bringing these games to people's attention.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 1 Sep 2018 12:38:23 8,827 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I read a not very positive review of portal bridge builder but people here seem to like it, maybe I'll give it a go next time it goes on sale.

Edited by BigOrkWaaagh at 12:39:10 01-09-2018
  • DangerousDave_87 1 Sep 2018 12:40:06 6,310 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If anyone wants to moan about Portal Bridge Builder, now is the time! :)
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Sep 2018 12:41:36 7,617 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Puyo puyo +
    Dead cells +
    Hollow knight +
    Enter the gungeon +
    Darkest dungeon +
    Celeste +
    Night in the woods +
    Has been heroes + (even though I am crap)

I am setsuna -
    Bad north -

I have lots of other games that I will have to remember

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 12:49:48 01-09-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Sep 2018 12:42:26 7,617 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My missus played gorogoa on iPhone, would deffo + it
  • Fake_Blood 1 Sep 2018 12:48:32 9,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I have liked everything I have played to some degree. But trying to keep with the thread scoring:

Hollow Knight +
    Stardew Valley +
    Sonic Mania +
    Gorogoa +
    Portal Bridge Builder +

Picross
    Sexy Brutale
    Snake Pass

Word Search by POWG -
    Pokemon Quest -
    I'm interested in getting Picross, what kept you from giving it a "+" ?
  • rice_sandwich 1 Sep 2018 12:55:26 5,607 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    +1 also for Gorogoa.
  • neems 1 Sep 2018 13:25:54 4,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Personally I put Yoku above Hollow Knight.

Yoku's Island Express ++
    Hollow Knight +

Edited by neems at 13:27:46 01-09-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.